Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6911&start_row=51

show me

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 56
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 3/30/2018 4:12:55 AM

KEDAMAWI HAILE SELASSIE

Live in Peace

The Lion of Judah has prevailed
Haile Selassie I, Elect of God
King of Kings of Ethiopia

Wise men have always known the deep and pervading truth that it is better to give than to receive, for even as it conflicts with selfish and ambitious desires, it moderates and controls them.

Giving always demands sacrifice. To overcome the temptation to enjoy mere daily comfort, to press resolutely and patiently forward on the scheduled way, are true tests of the high degree of determination that should bind you together. Memories of past injustices should not divert us from the more pressing business at hand.

We must live in peace with our former colonizers, shunning recrimination and bitterness and fore-swearing the luxury of vengeance and retaliation, lest the acid of hatred erode our souls and poison our hearts.

Let us act as befits the dignity which we claim for ourselves as Africans, proud of our own special qualities, distinctions, and abilities. We must speak out on major issues, courageously, openly and honestly, and in blunt terms of right and wrong.

If we yield to blandishments or threats, if we compromise when no honourable compromise is possible, our influence will be sadly diminished and our prestige woefully prejudiced and weakened.

On this day which men of earth and angels of heaven could neither have foreseen nor known, I give thanks unutterable by the mouth of man to the living God who has enabled me to be present among you.

Today is the beginning of a new era in the history of Ethiopia. Since this is so, do not reward evil for evil, do not commit any act of cruelty like those

which the enemy committed against us. Do not allow the enemy any occasion to foul the good name of Ethiopia.

We shall take his weapons and make him return by the way he came.

We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.

We believe in the peaceful settlement of all disputes without resorting to force.

And in accordance with the charter of O.A.U. we will strive to eradicate colonialism, racism and apartheid from the face of the earth, to frustrate the efforts being made by foreign powers to dictate the destiny of the African continent, and we will continue to stand.

-WORDS OF HIM

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/30/2018 11:43:43 AM

So what is your interpretation of these words when dealing with the topic of self defense from an unprovoked, evil attack? This speech seems to me, to show how Haile Selassie did not attack Italy AFTER driving back the unprovoked invasion. Rather, he visited Italy and worked to strengthen realtions diplomatically.. But; with the topic at hand, self defense DURING said attack, would you follow the actions of Haile Selassie and arm yourself in order to defend the lives and dignity of your countrymen and family? Or would you allow the evil invasion to conquer you because you didnt want to use inherently violent self defense for a righteous cause?

"We Africans will FIGHT, if necessary, for we are confident in the victory of good over evil." H.I.M

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 3/31/2018 12:37:59 AM

Yes Bredren Hemphill. I thought this was a interesting quote that relates to this topic and one worth a bit of iditation. I think this next quote does sum up i thought more accurately on self defence topic.:

"Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph."

Yes i ! so i do believe in our absolute right to free life and will defend it with furious explosive energy and violence to the most extreme degree, wen necessary, i young youthman Brother Hemphill.
We not silence the voice of justice.

There does exist sometimes a misconception that Rastafari a passive people. We are a peace loving people and sometimes to sustain peace for the long run we must resort to self defense. We are not hippies, we are different not only bcuz of our good higene and motivation to do work, but also because of our militant belife in action and defense. Sometimes nuff is enuff and and we are called to action. I will not stand by and let some wicked one beat a animal in i presence, a child or any of i friends or family. I will defend the voiceless or defenceless becuz of i extreme compassion and knowledge of JAH and JAH law. Let alone stand by and watch as the African continent is raped. And ones downpressed throughout the world. I and i know im not putting i soul in any jeopardy for the eminent weigh-in of i soul, unless i dont act, then i put i self in a danger of reprimand from JAH in the form of deliberate lower level reincarnation.

"We shall take his weapons and make him return by the way he came."

this usually is not agreed to easily or passively by the aggressor so we must force them with power in physically,spiritually and mentally.

Sellasay i live! Rastafari!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/31/2018 12:52:11 PM

Brilliant!! That is an excellent and elegant way of describing how pure love can manifest into violent self-defense and protection of family/home!The last one I was reasoning with about this, maintained some sort of Stockholm syndrome type of pacifism.. The words of H.I.M are clear on this point! Give thanks Brother!

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/21/2018 7:02:39 AM

There is no celebration of violence and the destruction of JAH's most precious creation. That is the devil's ultimate lie and deception, Hemphill. I'm so sad to see you used like that.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 4/22/2018 5:05:44 PM

Rubber meets the road man. Cant keep talking about removed or in-the-air, i.e. esoteric, ideas.. Reality happens and people do what they have to.. If fighting for your life is so wrong, why is every instance of life genetically wired to do just that? From single cell organisms to 'Jah's most precious creation'; life is designed for the long-haul fight for survival. Any attempt to down play this REALITY and remove humanity from this natural truth, is to reject the words and life example of H.I.M.. Get up stand up

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 56

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I