Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6910&start_row=1

Hello all

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Rebel Sent: 2/20/2018 1:43:36 AM

hello all

I have been into Rastafari for a long time, although I do not claim it. I am an Irish Catholic but I believe Selassie is a very inspiring figure and Rasta teaches good spirituality.

I hate the “Rastas” who only like weed and Bob marley, I enjoy the spirituality.

I am white (Irish with Iberian (and possibly Jewish) ancestry, and so I sympathize with a lot of what black people went through in the States as the Irish went through a lot of the same things (although not to the same degree) in Britain and Australia and faced discrimination in the States as well.

I look forward to discussion :)

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 2/20/2018 7:14:40 AM

ises....maybe i am mistaken....how do you compare whatever it is the irish "went" thru with chattel slavery? and the trans atlantic capturing of african people? enlighten me plese since i seem to lack having that information...and how can you not claim something if you call yourself by its name?.....i never knew that one can be a catholic and be rasta at the same time....see...one never stops learning....

Messenger: Rebel Sent: 2/20/2018 10:19:49 AM

Never called myself a rasta...just said I have been interested in it

The Irish were enslaved for decades by the British, in fact, Australia was founded as a slave and prison continent for the Irish. Also, Ireland is the only country in Europe to not grow up speaking it’s mother language, as they forced us to not speak it and would punish the Irish if we spoke our native language and practiced our own religion- similar to what Africa went through. Althoigh not to the same degree.

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 2/20/2018 10:30:59 AM

you cannot equate thst with the African chattel slavery....the only other thing that is worthy of words is the extermination and genocide of the indigenous peoples of the Americas....the irish , hardly....not even the jewish holocaust comes close

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/20/2018 11:30:38 AM

ras ravin-i, It is not possible for one man or group to understand or judge the intensity of another man's or group's suffering. There's no competition here on earth for which person or group has suffered "the most" or what person's or group's suffering is comparable to another's. As Rastafari, our hearts are compassionate and sympathetic to the suffering of all of our brethren, past and present, at the hands of the Babylon System because we are One Flesh, One Life, One Heart. The white slaver was, in reality, also the black slave he abused, and the black slave was the white slaver. When we hurt one another, we are simply hurting ourselves. This is the Truth that the devil & his/her system seek to obscure. To divide us up -every man for himself. Suffering is suffering, and the suffering of each man or group of people is suffering for all of us.
In this case, all we have mentioned--Africans, Irish, Jews, Native Americans-- have experienced untold suffering.
JAH LOVE

Messenger: Rebel Sent: 2/20/2018 11:46:44 AM

Yes Nesta

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/23/2018 6:39:34 AM

Greetings Rebel
JAH love
I apprecilove the I sentiments.... yet I caution against "hating" anyone... even those whose Overstanding is limited or superficial.
Oneness everytime

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I