Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6908&start_row=1

Read & Know the Bible cover to cover?

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/19/2018 2:09:22 AM

The Bible is a very old and confusing Book. It contains incredible and beautiful Truth and also contains a lot of superfluous material that is confusing and largely irrelevant (and often unintelligible) to the modern reader. Non-essential. One need not know the Bible cover to cover to know JAH or to know Truth. See, JAH is inside everyone and speaks to you directly. You need to listen. JAH also sent to us song prophets who distilled the Truth and give it to us with His New Song, new music (reggae). So see, JAH has many way to communicate the Truth to His Itren.
I have a favorite passage from an interview with Bob Marley. Bob said: “Well, I've been a Rasta from ever since. You know. But, is not how long I've been a Rasta, is how long it takes you to grow up. Cause, what you is what you is, from beginning to the end, you can never change 'cause even if you adopt things, later on they filter right out. So I was Rasta from creation, you know…… Me is a common sense man, that mean when me explain things me explain it in a very simple way that mean even when me explain it to a baby the baby will understand too, you know.” The baby will understand too. Well, of course. Because if the baby can't get it, how can it be JAH LOVE? Beware of men in robes and on video tapes who offer to "interpret" the Bible for you because "it's very complex". "Complex" is how the Devil deceives people. The Truth is simple and fresh like a baby's breath or the scent of a flower blossom.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/27/2018 2:55:42 PM

1 doesnt need to deal with the bible in any shape or form to Know HIM. I agree

By the way

Bob also spoke of 'Black Supremacy' in his interviews and in his song Black Progress. Yet race doesnt exist to you

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/28/2018 8:02:20 AM

Greetings in the Name of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I

Garveys Africa, Brother,
I come to tell you that skin color is a worldly small thing, an attribute of our flesh and bone body like eye color or height. As Rastas WE are are followers of His Majesty, teachers of His Majesty's teachings and abide in Inity & JAH LOVE, hence, WE are far Bigger than our flesh and bone bodies. We are links to the Oneness of Imanity and WE do not let physical attributes get in the way of our mission of Oneness. Inity among people has been impeded successfully for so long in history by the Babylon System using & emphasizing our flesh and bone differences -- skin color, gender, toothless or big toothy smile, bald or hairy, even whether we're "handsome" or "ugly"-- to keep us divided. We are, ALL PEOPLE, brothers and sisters-- even those who do not see that (TRUTH). In JAH LOVE, i&I pretty much blind to the matter of different skin colors (notwithstanding the fact that His Majesty took the mantle of black skin in HIS Return which also has been shared by the Song Prophets who guided us to Him with New Song, and there being some beautiful symbolism in the second millennium’s oppressed and poorest race embodying the message of renewed LOVE & TRUTH).

Despite the fact that all people share a billion similarities in their flesh & bone bodies, as animated by JAH LOVE, the Devil has ensnared us over the centuries by teaching men to foolishly focus on the melanin content differences in the skins of people born and raised in different parts of the planet as being the overarching definer of who and what they are. In embracing JAH LOVE, we reject Babylon's teachings of racial discrimination. Sure, we still see skin color with our eyes and healthy people are proud of who they are and their appearances, but Rastas don't use physical appearance to SET THEMSELVES APART from other children of the Rastaman (who come in all different colors!).
"Oneness is a reality suppressed by evil mentality."

LOVE & PEACE, Brother

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/8/2018 6:14:38 AM

Your mistake is thinking that talk of Black supremacy and Blackness, has anything to do with colourism. We say black, we could say African it doesnt matter - we are TALKING about a family of people who share bloodline, history, culture and oppression.
Look into the very definition of RACE - it does NOT only deal with colour but peoples who share history and/or nationality and/or genetics and so on and so on.
The Bible itself spoke the importance of recognizing the human race as 1....but ALSO in recognizing these different tribes and nations and peoples. You cannot have 1 without the other ESPECIALLY before the 'Until' has occurred.

The Bible EVEN spoke of GOD PREFERRING certain tribes over others.

Rastafari is born out of Black Nationalism / Black Supremacy. This is how the origin of Rastafari as a trod came about. It is documented and factual.

Having said all of that:

If your wife children and mother were suffering and in immediate danger. And a family in lets say, Australia were equally suffering. You could be the BIGGEST humanitarian - the natural progress would be to attempt to help your own family first, and then try to help others outside of your family.

As Haile Selassie the black man said himself, We Africans WILL fight for we are confident in the victory of good over evil. As a member of this black African family, this comes first. Black supremacy. Until we have reached equality then maybe what you preach will take priority

Blessed

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/8/2018 1:20:56 PM

GARVEY'S AFRICA - We are all Africans, my brother. I am as African as they come, though you might not guess it if you see me walking down the street and judge me by the color of my skin. I am also born of the twelve tribes of Israel, but do not wear my yarmulke or pray in the synagogue.

His Majesty never intended to deceive or trick or confuse us. His Teaching is straightforwardly to embrace IN THIS TIME that which He enumerates as Righteous (e.g., there are no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation; the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; and so on), NOT that WE should abide & embrace such prejudice and injustice UNTIL some future time. IN His enumeration, He is calling out wicked behavior and mentality as that which is to be rejected, not endorsing its perpetuity. Of course, His Majesty was not instructing us to accept the wickedness He enumerated UNTIL some future time of equality (i.e., How would we ever attain such a state if we, those who invoke His Holy Name in Righteousness, embrace the very devil's mentality which has created such suffering in the world & fail to live and embrace the Righteous example?)

It may well be that you have a different calling from me, my brother. My calling is to Love all Imanity, to treat every person with respect, and to share with anyone who has an ear to listen the Truth of RastafarI and the Truth that they are welcome as RastafarI regardless of their national origin, skin color, language, gender, etc. My calling to to show to anyone who even cracks the door open a little bit to Truth & Understanding that they are one of the children of His Majesty and, hence, they are royalty, and never again do they have to bow down & submit to being a slave to the Babylon System or to evil mentality. Every person has a purpose and i&I respect that your calling may well be different from mine, brother. It is not my place to judge. Whatever your mission, if it is truly of His Majesty then it is Righteous & if administered with JAH LOVE as the guiding principle then I'm sure you will succeed in accomplishing it.

Haile Selassie I, His Holy Name
RASTAFARI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/9/2018 1:13:42 PM

Do not try to twist the reasoning into one of 'can a white person be Rasta' or something of that nature as it seems that is what your last post is answering.

No. Our reason here is the fact that you keeo on stating that blackness / colour has no relevance or meaning. Something that I partially agree on but not in the way you have shown. And also now the fact that you claim everyone in the world to be African.... lol how racist and how conveniant....

Reread my last post. Black / African isnt about color as white / European isnt either. Color is of the least relevant factor. I agree we should acknowledge all people as 1 as you say but it is ALSO as important to acknowledge that different peoples have different SHARED histories genetics and cultures. This is undeniable.

Just as you may care for and fight for justice and peace for the whole wide world ..... it is natural to do so for your family first. Then your extended family....and so on

Haile Selassie said We Africans will fight. Was he talking about the whole world? Or his African family and its diaspora? Can you answer this honestly?

The Bible makes mention of God favoring the nation or peoples of Israel...... is this (another) biblical error?? Or is this an Biblical example of God of the Hebrews acknowledging and placing importance on tribal differences. If you attempt to counter this by claiming Israel is anyone who praises Jahova and not an ethnic tribe or race then why did Bible God also punish the tribe of Ham? Throughout the generations? He could have just punished anyone who goes against him or sins etc but instead he placed relevance on a specific ethnic group once again.....

Finally,

Its RACIST....... to decide to do away with differences of nationality and tribes of people when it suits your agenda of being African. You are attenpting to deny a whole group of people their rightful seperate identity. And I hope your not so blinded by white privalege to see that.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/9/2018 2:17:42 PM

GRVEY'S AFRICA - i&I just speaking the Truth, brother. It's all I've ever pursued and all i&I would ever consider expressing in this forum or anywhere else.

TRUTH

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/9/2018 5:56:42 PM

Then you are right and His Majesty wrong, for pointing out the need for black people to 1) recognise they are black / African, and 2) fight

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/10/2018 3:28:21 AM

The irony of this is rather undeniable.. A reasoning on the relevance of knowing scripture, and a conversation of a one human family with no colour or separation.. When this topic is thoroughly covered within scripture.. And a one in GARVEYS AFRICA, who puts little to no stock in said scripture, knowing this scripture better than tho one who bring forth the reasoning.. Hmmm

Nesta1, while it is true that the Bible makes mention of a 1 human family, and Haile Selassie testifies to this fact, the Bible also describes lineage and identity.

Galatians 3: 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Samuel 16: 7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Haile Selassie : "I must say that Black and White,as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be."

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

And then the other side...

Amos 9: 7 "Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel?"

Ezekiel 36: 24 "For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land."

Haile Selassie: "The Ethiopian people, who have struggled and made untold sacrifices for their independence and freedom for thousands of years an independence that has been a beacon for all of Africa today celebrate this day together with all Africans by consolidating their freedom and independence with the freedom and independence of their African brothers in the spirit of Modern Ethiopianism."

"We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil."

-----

There are layers to it man...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/10/2018 7:31:01 AM

Excellent post. And I had to know it before dismissing it Hemphill, lol the irony is funny!

What speech is the second to last quote from?

Give thanks...

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I