Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6843&start_row=11

BLACKNESS OF ISRAELITES {From the "Authorised Version ; 1611 AD. King James Bible}

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 47
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2017 9:46:40 AM

Ancient historyEdit

For the ancient Egyptians, black had positive associations; being the color of fertility and the rich black soil flooded by the Nile. It was the color of Anubis, the god of the underworld, who took the form of a black jackal, and offered protection against evil to the dead.

For the ancient Greeks, black was also the color of the underworld, separated from the world of the living by the river Acheron, whose water was black. Those who had committed the worst sins were sent to Tartarus, the deepest and darkest level. In the center was the palace of Hades, the king of the underworld, where he was seated upon a black ebony throne.

Black was one of the most important colors used by ancient Greek artists. In the 6th century BC, they began making black-figure pottery and later red figure pottery, using a highly original technique. In black-figure pottery, the artist would paint figures with a glossy clay slip on a red clay pot. When the pot was fired, the figures painted with the slip would turn black, against a red background. Later they reversed the process, painting the spaces between the figures with slip. This created magnificent red figures against a glossy black background.[7]

In the social hierarchy of ancient Rome, purple was the color reserved for the Emperor; red was the color worn by soldiers (red cloaks for the officers, red tunics for the soldiers); white the color worn by the priests, and black was worn by craftsmen and artisans. The black they wore was not deep and rich; the vegetable dyes used to make black were not solid or lasting, so the blacks often turned out faded gray or brown.[citation needed]

In Latin, the word for black, ater and to darken,atere, were associated with cruelty, brutality and evil. They were the root of the English words "atrocious" and "atrocity".[8]

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/7/2017 9:51:15 AM

In Israel black is associated with slavery. The Egyptians worked us very hard in the sun all day everyday with no rest, for many decades. and our parents became very black like the eclipse.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2017 10:04:11 AM

In ancient Africa black has been associated with positivity until it reach Greek and Romans and it turn into a negative

Obviously it was negative for hebrews too hence black but comely - they still wrong for it and will get called out

and your false story of being worked in the sun til you black up you cant use that on InI sons of real actual chattel slaves. And we still fight the mentality of black = bad. The Israelites need to reparate their minds

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/7/2017 10:09:34 AM

I knew you would argue against that, but why do the Caucasians strip off their clothing and go lie out in the sun to get darker skin?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2017 10:12:59 AM

they get red and sometimes light brown

I have never seen a caucasian get dark or black or like charcoal as your scripture said.

black death
black list
black ball
black heart

we created language and before europeans black never meant so. Even the hindus and krishna conscious of india have a black god

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/7/2017 10:19:16 AM

The caucasians get "tanned". Israelites are not caucasians but are African, with much darker skin, which is why they get blacker than darkness when exposed to the glare of the sun for abnormal periods, which the egyptians did to my ancestors.

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/7/2017 10:21:26 AM

When I was a young growing boy, I spent all my days out in the sun in ignorance and became black - I was not born black, but was the colour of ruddy earth, according to childhood photographs. In recent years I rarely go out in the sun, and have attained a lighter skin tone, which is far from black, and is my original natural colour of birth - ruddy earth.

Exposure to the sun does have a direct effect upon skin lightness or blackness.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2017 10:25:42 AM

So your point is black people get dark in the sun? Coming from an equatorial country in the diaspora I say OK.

This still doesnt mean black is bad. If anythinf it goes to prove its goodness as InI melanin makes use of the full ital energy received from the suns UV rays. Something that can only be appreciated the darker you are

You cant say because we were in the sun for long periods in slavery that blackness is bad it wont work. InI was in real slavery not biblical slavery and come forward and tell the world say black is ilaful

I dont know why you are even arguing this point how foolish does it become

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/7/2017 10:26:59 AM

The Israelite slavery was and is real too.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2017 10:27:35 AM

then reparate your mind. You have had thousands of years more time to than InI yet it is I who need to tell you Black is ilaful

REPARATE!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 47

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I