Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6838&start_row=11

Your fellings on the white Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/28/2017 12:23:05 PM

It is not as I say but as the Most High Haile Selassie says. And yes I completely agree with that teaching. Besides, different cultures exist within the same race of peoples with 'warfare' ever present.. Its only in the minds of people that seemingly drastic differences and conflicts between arise.. Yet every person has the ability to correct their mentality and find Jah truth.. Some are willing and some are not..

Ultimately I think we are in agreeance.. Since there is ONE life, there must be ONE creator.. People going to acknowledge this creative force in different ways and there is where I think lines can be drawn.. Especially if a one way claims to be most correct, but then we are getting back to babylon mentality of which there is no place.. That is why in my first post here I said taking up an identity gets dicey.. Stick with being yourself and walk that path faithfuly and righteously..

I really enjoyed that video. A very wise mind working forward for the benefit of the whole world.

Much respect

Love

Messenger: John Sent: 6/28/2017 1:31:31 PM

Love.

I noticed His Imperial Majesty does indeed acknowledge the existence of race and colour, as seen in his statement :
"Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be."
In a preceding statement within the speech from which this quoted statement was extracted, he also said that black and white as forms of speech as means of judging mankind should be eliminated from human society : though he never said anything concerning the use of black and white as forms of speech as means of describing mankind.
Note : judging is totally different from describing. For me there always will be black men and black women and white men and white women and yellow people.

Messenger: John Sent: 6/28/2017 1:56:20 PM

Not that I am judging them, no. I am describing them by the colour of their skin.
I am black and proud to be black.

Messenger: John Sent: 6/28/2017 2:34:00 PM

de·scribe /də;ˈ;skrī;b/
verb
1. give an account in words of (someone or something), including all the relevant characteristics, qualities, or events.
2. mark out or draw (a geometric figure).

judge /jə;j/
verb
form an opinion or conclusion about.

Messenger: John Sent: 6/28/2017 2:35:18 PM

Blessed love to all black and white and yellow loved ones.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/29/2017 12:50:36 AM

Midnite - Propaganda

'original black man we were here until foundation of time we will remain until the end. Black is absorption of all light and colour..... black is the color of our solar system out of blackness was born the light black is the color of the whole universe did not your morning start with darkness..... the beginning and the end.'

Vaughn black and proud.

His Majesty talked of one race and down with racial division. He also talked of Africans, we Africans, Pan Africanism and such.

The acknowledgement of nationality, color and culture is prevalent and necessary.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/29/2017 1:04:36 AM

But I appreciate that the identification and acknowledgement of the things mentioned above..... BLACKNESS.... and the fuljoyment of ones blackness is a DIFFERENT question then of whether Rastafari is for black people or all people? And whether none Africans who subscribe so, are they still known as Rastafari? Is the matching identification of HIM as InI nucleus, and matching ideology to mean ones from different nations would therefore have the same outward expression of the culture as Africans ina Rastafari? Or Different? In other words does Jah reveal himself to white people in the same manner as Africans? I feel that THIS is the crux of this topic

Messenger: John Sent: 6/29/2017 2:11:14 AM

Yes. One God is the father of all people, and all children have a right of claim to their father. One man created all : black and white and yellow people, because the black man and woman brought forth all nations.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/29/2017 2:11:38 PM

"Is the matching identification of HIM as InI nucleus, and matching ideology to mean ones from different nations would therefore have the same outward expression of the culture as Africans ina Rastafari?" -- GARVEYS AFRICA

A great, balanced and fair question King! Brings many many items forward.. Let us rightly divide this and reason forward.

Matching identification and ideology of HIM as nucleus.
- To recognize HIM as the Most High Living God and King is step one. Haile Selassie come to Earth for African liberation and redemption first and foremost. This is very significant to acknowledge. Through his works in this foundation, all nations bow to HIM. Meaning that people of all nations must acknowledge this foundation and build accordingly. Citing HIM Haile Selassie as the rightful ruler becomes each and everyones responsibility. Step one.

Would different nations therefore have the same outward expression of the culture as Africans in Ras Tafari?
- Once a one has acknowledged HIM as He who be who He be, then comes practising a righteous life style. I think this is all about knowing thy self. HIM teach and inspire but the individual must nurture and grow this grace while moving through their own experience. This especially applies to non-Africans who have received this grace. Throwing away a previous babylon mentality does not mean to pick up a different peoples culture and claim it for yourself.. It means to look into and purify yourself by paying heed to the teachings of Haile Selassie..

I dont think that Jah express or show HIMself differently to different races.. HIM teach that all people are precisely the same. He is who He IS.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/29/2017 6:10:10 PM

Give thanks iah. Im glad you fully iverstand what I was trying to ask. I wasnt sure if I worded it right

Bless up

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I