Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6838&start_row=1

Your fellings on the white Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: stongeBJ420 Sent: 6/25/2017 4:01:47 PM

Yes... InI know theI misspell in title.

IanI committed my life and put my faith in Jah almost 7 years ago. InI is white, but now have dreadlocks to the waist that InI consider sacred as sign of commitment to Jah Ras Tafari. InI take my faith and my learning very seriously and know in InI heart of hearts that InI is true child of Jah.
However, there is things that InI see happen and start to see more and more. First, InI see that African people, Rasta or not, almost always act as InI not a believer. InI sometimes feel "tested". InI feel like InI is never truly accepted.
Second, InI see the white people think InI is not true also. InI think that other white people think InI cannot be true Rasta if InI not African. Or they look at InI and stare and think InI must be a joke.
InI follow the teachings of H.I.M. and have given Iself to Jah fully. InI have no doubt that InI is true Rasta man in Iheart. You can say this is of no concern. InI just tired an want to be accepted as is with Jah love in Iheart and dreadlocks on top of InI white skin.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/25/2017 8:57:44 PM

This has got to be the single MOST talked about topic on this forum.. If you are interested in dialogue on this topic; spend some time in the search bar.. I can say, many here will not continue to reason this again and again and again..

Just some quick perspective.. Ras Tafari from inception is a BLACK liberation movement. Think about that.. There are aspects within the 'livety' of Ras Tafari that are universal but for most, this is secondary to the redemption of IDENTITY that Ras Tafari provides for the Africans who have had thiers stolen from them..

From what I have learned here; this simple yet infinitely deep -- or high -- truth is practiced militantly.. So when ones see a 'white rasta' it instantly brings up many feelings about trespass or colonization or wolf in sheeps clothing ect ect.. Again, the search bar and many previous reasonings will go into great detial about these things..

Now, I too am a white man and am inspired by and follow the teachings of Haile Selassie. There is nothing wrong with this; yet things get a little dicey when claiming the IDENTITY of Ras Tafari for oneself.. I study the Bible and find immense truth in it. There are even verses that speak on this topic. Romans 11: 11-31.. But we must recognize that not all view things the same way and have respect and tolerance for that.. At the end of the day, people are going to do what they want to do. Dont worry yourself with acceptance from others when you are following the path that is most right for you.. Just make sure to follow that path in the most right manner!

Hope this helps.

Love

Messenger: John MAU MAU Sent: 6/25/2017 11:57:14 PM

I love every black heart, whether white man or black man.

Messenger: ASoulLiberated Sent: 6/26/2017 1:26:09 AM

I personally don't have a problem with "white rastas" it's only the " I smoke weed so I'm Rasta" ones that take it as a joke, and those that take the blackness out of it that bothers me. Like for instance I saw a comment the other day saying that Rasta was a peace movement and anybody can join. No the hippie movement was a peace movement. People smoke one joint then claim to be Rasta. It's irritating "/

Messenger: John MAU MAU Sent: 6/26/2017 3:43:15 AM

Rasta is not something like a club or a football team that you just join, smh.

Messenger: universal Sent: 6/27/2017 2:25:28 PM

Vaughn Benjamin (Akae Beka/Midnite) interview speaking on "white Rasta"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDHaHSYasOo

You are a carbon organism, 98.6 degrees equatorial heat in your veins like all people of the earth.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/28/2017 12:32:15 AM

^He said he doesnt believe in physical race and sites all living things as 1/equal. He ALSO said we are living in times of WORLD CULTURE WAR. Culture by the way being a part and parcel of the contemporary definition of race..... He also talked about demographis and paying attention to that. He say if we look into the DEMOGRAPHICS of who is on the rise and who is on the decline ones would not be worried (The 'white race' is the least populous on the planet doh?)

Vaughn answers scientifically

So-LAR system.... Children of the sun....

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/28/2017 9:44:49 AM

And notice he did not talk of 'ice people' i.e. not making a distinction.. All people are grown and sustained through the sun. All people are carbon based. All people have 98.6 degree equatorial heat.. These examples parallel and support H.I.M teaching of "Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be."

Confidence is found when realizing these truths and comparing them to the falling mentalities of babylon - which really carry zero significance.

A wise man indeed

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/28/2017 11:07:38 AM

All living matter is carbon based. All humans need the sun, although some are physically limited by the amount them can take. Not speaking for Vaughn but 'Children of the sun' is a common phrase among rasta many of who are directly speaking of African or melanated peoples when they talk so.

For true there is one life. Still if all peoples are exactly the same as you say then the cultural warfare vaughn speaks of couldnt take place..... the line affe draw somewhere.

I do think Vaughn is a 'rasta is for everybody' person. But he still acknowledges cultural appropriation. This is where the lines get blurry and I believe why he doesnt answer so linear

Messenger: Zhaile Sent: 6/28/2017 12:09:51 PM

"I personally don't have a problem with "white rastas" it's only the " I smoke weed so I'm Rasta" ones that take it as a joke, and those that take the blackness out of it that bothers me. Like for instance I saw a comment the other day saying that Rasta was a peace movement and anybody can join. No the hippie movement was a peace movement. People smoke one joint then claim to be Rasta. It's irritating "/"

I agree. Rasta is not just listening to ONE Bob Marley song (always freaking One Love lol), owning a Bob Marley shirt, smoking weed, and claiming 'I'm a Rasta."... or the ones who " Don't see color! aka the One Love narrative, some love to play... As long as you know you are true to Rastafari, all is well. Nuh watch nuh face.

Blessed Love.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I