Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6832&start_row=1

Born in the Heart of Babylon

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Inner Light Sent: 6/21/2017 12:48:56 PM

Greetings brothers. I write today to find insight and to open a conversation. I am a white male, born in USA. Born in the heart of Babylon. Raised in a white middle class catholic family. I found Rasta through reggae music, but from there have tried my best to learn what it truely means to be a Rastaman as well as studying all of the other major Religions of the world. My views have alienated me from the general Christian public though I think the teachings of Christians today is far different than the teachings of Yeshua 2000 years ago. I love the Rasta way of life or "livety" as i believe it is called, though being white american, have always felt wrong about calling myself a Rastaman. I am a mystic though, I have trod the path alone to seek God, truely find that spirit in my heart. I seek God through daily prayer, meditation, ganja, and service to my brothers around me who struggle. I am working to move my diet to a cleaner one. But i still feel alone out here doing God's work. Not belonging to a group, to have a community around me. I ask, what do my Rasta brothers have to say of my predicament? I see the unity in all men and all faiths, seeing differnces only as an expression of culture. But there is only One Spirit, One God, One People.

Messenger: John MAU MAU Sent: 6/22/2017 11:37:43 AM

To be Christian is to know that I and I are the Christ. That is the realest definition and fulfillment of Christ.

There is no difference in I:
I and I are Christ, and Christ is I and I, and the purpose of Christ is to fulfill the works of God. I and I acknowledge the born black holy child who is God and King Creator in all truth and righteousness, and strive to emulate a life of Christ.

Therefore anything that don't deal with, or concern, or is not related to Christ I and I dropped it and left it so.

Messenger: John MAU MAU Sent: 6/22/2017 11:58:39 AM

*the born black holy African child, you know

Messenger: Inner Light Sent: 6/22/2017 12:03:18 PM

I agree, I believe that was what Yeshua taught, 2000 years ago. That one is to seek Christ within. To be Anointed in the eye of God. To live the life of Spirit, and to heal and feed our bretheren. This was the true message for mankind. Christians focus on the ressurection, but I see Yeshua as a revolutionary teacher. The man who turned over the money changers tables in the temple and called out the priests for being false in the eyes of God.

Messenger: John MAU MAU Sent: 6/22/2017 2:13:25 PM

True, to the hypocritic world, Jesus would be called a revolutionary and in more common terms, a radical. He admonished the Hebrews for their wickedness without fear of authority,and instructed his servants in the true and right way of life. This is why I follow Christ,because he created us, and put our iniquities behind his back when we transgressed his natural law. The Royal Ethiopian banner has always been the red, gold and green, in that order downwards, with red above all from the earliest times of the throne of David in Ethiopia up to the reign of Menelik II, after which it was overturned during Empress Zewditu's reign (it makes me wonder a lot about this queen who opposed Negus Ras Tafari with an armed force of a thousand - was she under some evil influence,such that she intended to overturn the natural order of creation,signified by overturning the ancient red gold and green banner used by all ancient emperors to the modern green, yellow and red ? )
The red on the banner represents the blood of the lamb that cleanses white as snow and purifies like pure gold, by which all people of all races are redeemed from bondage in Babylon Egypt to a loving reunion of spirit and soul with the almighty black God.
Ras Tafari is black.

Messenger: ASoulLiberated Sent: 6/22/2017 7:16:32 PM

RasTafarI is a black liberation movement. One must know that as well

Messenger: John MAU MAU Sent: 6/22/2017 11:53:37 PM

Yes, I and I black African MAU MAU primarily fights for the international freedom, justice and repatriation of black African people to black Africa.
Today however, black people are not the only ones that are oppressed and mistreated by Babylon, but a good number of people of other few races as well. I pray a redeemer rises among them to free his people. I don't concern myself with matters of other races unless asked to intevene and help. My major concern is the black African race of people.
Abyssinia must be liberated and elevated to a position of power in the world of nations.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I