Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=683&start_row=1

The 5th and 10th commandment

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/6/2005 12:51:49 AM

There are many people who think that the ten commandments are the laws of life and are the only rules to live by. Whats funny is that most of those same people can not tell you what those ten commandments are. Well the fifth commandment says

Thou shall not commit adultry

Sounds good right? But what does that mean? THe style of marriage was polygamy in those days, 300 years later King Solomon had 1000 wives, but yet was a man of God and the earths wisest king? What was meant by this commandment? Woman were considered property in those days, so to commit adultry was to take another mans wives or wife, being that she was a household item.

The tenth commandment says

Thou shall not covet they neigbors wife

Well first, if you keep reading it goes on to say "nor his ox or his ass", so we can see what woman were though of. Also how come there is no commandment about a wife coveting a neighbors husband? Because the law was written for men, by men.

Also according to Genesis the fall of mankind is blamed on Eve, which perpetuated the thought that woman was the reason for the fall of mankind. (for those of you who would like to continue thinking this is the real story, why is your problem with eve? Shouldn't you be angry at Adam?) Why do woman get this rep? It reminds me of when the colonialists lied to the Africans about their heritage and history, so that they would lose the sense of what and who they really were. So maybe man wasn't first, maybe woman was first, so man made the efforts to erase this from the womans mind so that she wouldn't know who she was.

if you go to dictionary.com and look up words like

Skank, Prostitute, Whore, Slut, Cunt, Hooker and so forth, you will see that they come from the Indo-European language, and guess what, they are all feminine.

Hail up Empresses, know yourselves, love yourselves.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/6/2005 12:59:32 AM

Also if you look up the word Virgin in the semitic language, guess what it means? A young woman. It does not mean a woman who didn't have sex.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 3/6/2005 5:38:40 AM

Ises!

No, in hebrew virgin and young woman are two different words(almah and betulah), it was false translated into the greek septuginta.

And colonialists did not change the scriptures, as you can read the same in the old hebrew versions. They just had there own bad interpretation, which is generally acknowledged by the euro-christian churches.

Remember, no matter in what language and what version it remains one and the same.

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/6/2005 11:59:08 AM

Yes I, but what I'm saying bredren is that the western societies King James version, the old testament story of Isiah 9:6 he replaced the almah for the word virgin. The word virgin isn't in the original hebrew.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/6/2005 12:33:41 PM

Question: Your Imperial Majesty, it is a great honour to be permitted to speak with you today and also to have you as a guest on this special Christmas programme which will be broadcast to people all over the world. Your Imperial Majesty, what is it that makes you want to follow Jesus Christ?

H.I.M.: When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by HIM.

It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us that all men are equal regardless of sex, their national origin and tribe. And He also taught us all who seek HIM shall find HIM. To live in this healthy life, a Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ.

Why does His Majesty reffer to Mary as the Virgin Mary?

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 3/7/2005 9:44:45 AM

Ises!

This Broadcast was adressed to people from all over the world... HOW MANY of those do you think would have known about WHO HIM was speaking there, if he would have said MARIAM or just MARY??
By the way, I am not too shure if "Mathew" just called it virgin-birth because of Isaiah, maybe he just saw this as confirmation of his own information about a virgin-birth, and so quoted it in his gospel?

KJV just used the greek septuginta, as all european translations did, as model, and in it there happened this translation mistake.

Selah

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 3/7/2005 10:37:55 AM

Sorry to go on a sub-topic...

About the 5th and 10th commandments though.. I have a question. Well, basically, what is marriage? It's not really detailed in the Bible. I've heard that these pages have been lost to time by several people. I know modern, pegan tradition influenced marriages are not the same as Jah intended. How is this union created in Jah's eyes? I could care less about ...legally married or.. Big Catholic cerimonies.. or whatnot. What are the original ways? I have my own opinions on this, but want the Idren's input.
'Nuf Thanks.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/7/2005 8:01:26 PM

Well in a way their are certain ways to define the marriage. The reason that the man lifts the veil on the woman at a wedding is symbolic to taking her as a virgin and breaking the veil of her vagina. In certain stories of the old testament they described marriage as the acual physical aspect of that, and if the woman wasn't a virgin then he would take the sheets (because she would bleed if she was a virgin) and the girl down to the city council and they would stone her to death for having sex before marriage. I suggest you read duetoronomy and liviticus and you will find very strange laws written there. When a man enters a woman they become married. But that didn't mean anything, that just meant she was some mans property. like the donkey. The wedding has made it so that people can feel sactified at the wedding, erasing the memory of what the true meaning of marriage, not weddings and papers.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/8/2005 1:28:39 AM

Dreadnut, are you talking about virgin being a mistranslation only in the Old Testament, or are you saying that it is also a mistranslation when Mary is refered to as a virgin in the new testament?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/8/2005 9:09:03 AM

Well, in a way both. Matthew was the first to make this mistake, but later on King James took the Isiah 9:6 thing, and put the word virgin in there. You'll notice that Paul, Mark and everyone except luke and matt, never mentioned any such birth. Jesus did not testify to this story either. There are a good deal of stories in the New Testament that have been interperated as prophecy, but the fact is that some of the "prophesis" were just pulled out of the middle of some other story that had nothing to do with a messiah. The writers of he Bible had a certain style of writing I forget what its called, but basically when someone great has presented himself on this earth, the stories from the old testament would be used to describe an event. FOr example, Jesus had a star over his manger when he was born, as did Moses, Abraham, an so on. These men simply had an agenda that they needed to fulfill, this was their messiah and they needed to prove it. I will post some things later on to help clear these things up, I got to go to school.

Blessed
Ras Zion I

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I