Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6829&start_row=31

I found an account of Haile Selassie's diet written by his personal cook who served H.I.M for many years.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 89
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/6/2017 8:12:52 AM

It is you who fails to understand the scripture, rather than the scripture contradicting itself.

If you were to sit in a reasoning session with your emperor and god, would you say the same to him, considering that he regarded the scripture, whatever translation it is made into, as one eternal Word. He clearly understood the scripture, unlike you, who hastily brush through the verses taking word for word and dot for dot, without guidance from the most high, and end up deep in confusion. As a matter of fact, you spoke concerning confusion in the bible; well : it is you who are confused by the scripture because you lack the understanding to see the Word that Selassie saw in the same scriptures. I am not in any way confused by the scriptures, but rather set forward upon a straight path I am.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2017 11:16:15 AM

No. You come here trying to judge Haile Selassie based off of scripture. You dont know if he is a literalist like you or if he accepts the general message of the Bible. You dont know if he interprets the same way as you who looks to Leviticus and Deuteronomy for your strict guidance on diet yet and still I alone have found several references which contradict this.

Genesis 9 - none more straightforward than this. Or Lukes instruction to eat what you are offerred. Or Peters instruction from God himself to kill and eat fowl

You have no right to judge the interpretation of others much less their diet. DO YOU and we can debate or discuss why you do this and InI do that but we dont judge. Guess what?? Rastafari all have different diets some eat meat some eat fish some only veggie some vegan; and we often debate what is right; but at the end of it all we dont judge 1 man in the eyes of God like you try to by calling each other heathen or not a true believer. You personally could never cast doubt on the legitimacy of our hola annointed Most High Emperor. Not to InI Rastafari

Whatever his interpretation or his view on this point. I guarantee 1 thing - The Emperor is more versed and studied on the Bible than you and I

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/6/2017 12:00:09 PM

Now who is taking verses literally ????

Selassie claimed to be an Israelite !
Especially of the tribe of Yah'uh`dah. Especially an heir of Menelik 1 and Solomon and David, and this claim earned him the throne of the ark of the LORD of Israel, God of Zion;
YAH'UH ADONAI YAH'UH`SHUAA

The Law of the Lord is that the Israelites should keep this law for all generations. Haile Selassie claiming to be an Israelite then failing to honour the law of the Almighty God of ancestors, he shall bear the consequences of his guilt.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2017 12:29:04 PM

None at all. People who claim to be Israelite have long had different diets based off of their individual interpretations of the differing scripture. Do all who claim Israel eat as you do? But you 1 are right and all of them are false? Lol you fail to see

once more

Whatever his interpretation or his view on this point. I guarantee 1 thing - The Emperor is more versed and studied on the Bible than you and I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2017 12:33:55 PM

Haile Selassie I is the highest Christian / Israelite

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/6/2017 12:35:52 PM

Any one can have a diet they please, but the Law of God stand above all. Neither did I say I am right and all are wrong. You seem to have a talent of false accusation.

The Law was given to Moses upon the mount, by the hand of God, who is christ in himself and God in all greatness. This Law is for the Israelites. Now, if one, claims to be Israelite, then dishonours Moses, how can he honour Christ, yet the Law of Moses is of Christ, who is the one and same LORD of Moses ??

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2017 1:00:38 PM

False accusation? Says the guy who claims His Majesty a heathen? LOL

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/6/2017 1:03:28 PM

Another false accusation. I man did not say Haile Selassie is a heathen. I said he ate chicken like a heathen, when he considered himself Israelite, yet dis-honoring the Law of God to Moses and the Israelites for all their generations to come, therefore he dis-honoring Christ as an Israelite, thus he is not a true Jew at heart.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2017 1:05:52 PM

Genesis 9 Every moving thing that live shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Luke 8

8 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you. 

Peter’s Vision
9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

Romans 14:2–3 (ESV)

2 One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him

GOD HAS WELCOMED HIS MAJESTY, DO NOT PASS JUDGEMENT

Messenger: Yahuhkhanahn Sent: 7/6/2017 1:11:35 PM

In Luke Yah'uh`shua speaks of Israelite towns, where the Law was held in high esteem. We expect clean meats to be served in Israel at that time, when religious activity was at its peak,: the prescence of Pharisees, and Yah'uh`khanahn the baptiser, and the greatest prophet of all time, Yah'uh`shua, played a major role in the strict adherence to the Law of Moses during those times.

Peter saw a vision which was interpreted as the clearance for the gentile nations to whom the Law was not applicable, being made pure for the gospel of Christ, yet for the Jews the Law is upholded for ALL generations to come.

Saul's letter was to the Romans, and not to Israelites, so that statement is aimed towards an audience of non Israelites, Romans in particular, and not the African Jews.

You have a knack for taking scripture literally.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 89

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I