Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6744&start_row=91

White man claim he a Rasta, but InI know he no Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/19/2017 10:31:09 AM

RastaGoddess: I appreciate the positive feedback! Much thanks. More strength to the I!!

GiveThanks4Life: Alright bro, I am about done here... If you dont see it now, I doubt you ever will..

You say Ras Tafari is not about Black Liberation and you INSIST anyone can join as they please... This is the crux of the conversation.. A need to separate from that which does not represent Jah way.. i.e. babylon.. Do you know of the Bible passage Revelation 3:9 that says "those who say they are Jews but are not, are of the synagogue of Satan'..? This is speaking on a common wordsound of wolves in sheeps clothing.. Those who wish to infiltrate, cooperate, and detour a movement..

You say Ras Tafari is not about Black Liberation so then what is the legacy of Haile Selassie all about? Why does He stand for the liberation of African brothers and sisters world wide that live in sub-human bondage? You say this is only a political stance.. Yet refuse to acknowledge the spiritual aspect of this bondage.. Those people have had their language, culture, and identity stolen from them.. And you dont see a need for them to separate from this system, liberate and reclaim themselves? Sure this can take the form of political revolt but the root is MUCH deeper.. A spiritual and physical repatriation.

You say that we are all from Africa and share a common ancestry.. While it is true that Haile Selassie teach humanity to look to the blood ties that connect us all, it is also true that He speak directly to Africans more times than not.. Why would He make this distinction if we are all Africans? Because we are not... Athough all of humanity can be traced back to a single point in the beginning, this does not reflect a shared experience of all people.. When have white people been sold into chattel slavery and shipped across seas into nations all over the world? When have white people had every aspect of their heritage systematically demonized and hidden? When have white people had a need to repatriate to their homeland due to a system of alien standards and brutal control? NEVER!!

To say what you have INSISTED with your latest post is, again, to refuse to acknowledge the experience that Africans have gone through.. It is that experience that Jah come as an African for the AFRICANS! To reclaim that STOLEN IDENTITY.. That is the 'simple wisdom' that you refuse to see..

I leave this for others to finish and set straight.. For they KNOW the tresspass this man is making.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/19/2017 12:19:55 PM

"The way of the Rasta is NOT a black liberation movement"

We strongly disagree.
Completely.
There is no Rastafari without the UNIA, Marcus Garvey and black nationalism. Also, the works of His Majesty as highlighted by Hemphill was to create a US of Africa with HIM as the leader. His teachings also proclaimed WE AFRICANS WILL FIGHT.

The theory of all humans coming from Africa does not make all humans African. Whether you believe in race and nationality is beside the point. The FACT is when a family / group of people have a history of being attacked - whether on false grounds or not - the members of said group have a right, and an intrinsic requirement to defend and uplift themselves. Meaning if race is a falsehood, black liberation will still stand

Rastafari do not fight Garveyism

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/19/2017 12:27:28 PM

GiveThanks4Life: Everyone knows the first half of this speech but some refuse to see the second half.. This half is the Black Liberation foundation of Ras Tafari. The UNTIL has not been reached and non-Africans must do their part to ensure that it does. Whatever form that takes, we must do..

"Until all Africans stand and speak as free beings, equal in the eyes of all men, as they are in the eyes of Heaven; Until that day, the African continent will not know peace. We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil"...

Check this post out
Role of Caucasians Acknowledging H.I.M
I leave you with that..

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/19/2017 12:34:13 PM

At its most simplest of forms: The call to stop black people from praising white gods and white leaders and look to a black god and a black redeemer is black liberation in its purest sense

Rastafari is not only about Black liberation Rastafari is BORN out of Black liberation. InI sight the value in all of humanity but you cant separate this from InI as black redemptive Idem at the root

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/19/2017 12:42:57 PM

"Anyhow, this subject line was sent to Jamaica, and one word came back in regard to it, "F**kery". Simple wisdom. "

Let me tell you this. The subject title COMES from a Jamaican Rastafari elder by the name of Johnny Clarke! A song name commerical locks.....(I see youtube have taken this down) And he followed up by saying 'everything the black man have the white man want to take it away'

https://soundcloud.com/johnnyclarkedillinger/commercial-locks

Messenger: GiveThanks4Life Sent: 7/20/2017 6:47:10 AM

Long winded debates. Lengthy explanations. Historical references. All of these things add up to man trying to pull the truth closer to his own understandings, to have and to hold a God unto themselves.

The facts are Africa will likely never again be completely "Black", Haile Selassie I will likely never be universally held as God in Africa, and Rastas will likely never unite under one theology/philosophy. So all these threads and shared links in the name of Jah are vanity of souls trying to justify their beliefs to others and convert them to their own ideas so they have a collective security to puff themselves up with.

Abraham gave us One God.
Jesus Christ gave us One Love and One People.
Haile Selassie I is like a rainbow in the sky from the Almighty saying, "look people...I am still here", not a soul in the world can prove H.I.M is Almighty God in the flesh, and not a soul in the world needs to either.

I and I don't need to reason past that. I am what I am, and labels need not apply.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/20/2017 11:00:13 AM

Foolishness from the stiff necked. Historical references and multiple strings of argument are used to show you you are wrong on many counts. This is the technique behind any good argument or reasoning. You go to university and present a thesis you need a multitude of logical reasoning from a variety of sources to back your claims.

Rastafari does not and never has needed to all agree under one theology. As long as the livity is in the name of Haile Selassie. Almost anyone on this forum would tell you that its only YOU who confuse this when rasta longtime done tell people it is not a religion. So differences of religious belief within the trod means nothing. Most people on this forum and in Rastafari will also tell you its close connection if not intrinsic root within Black Liberation.

Whether all of Africa is black or not Rastafari will chant, have always chanted and do chant AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS AT HOME AND ABROAD. A thought sparked by our highly praised Marcus Garvey. Black supreme

Whether all Africans choose to acknowledge HIM or not he is still an African king, the only sovereign African king, and elected leader of a united africa and diaspora. These are facts. He is Almighty and of course we can prove it

Speak for YOURSELF. Without blanket statements such as 'Rasta is not for black liberation' which is just wrong.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/20/2017 11:11:56 AM

You are free to believe what you choose and label as you wish. But to claim Rastafari without acknowledging black liberation African redemption and disagreeing with the idea of black supremacy.

Is like

Claiming Rastafari but not acknowledging Haile Selassie. Lol as i remember a caller once tried to on cutting edge

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/20/2017 11:48:37 AM

"What we require is a single African organisation through which Africa’s single voice may be heard, within which Africa’s problems may be studied and resolved. We need an organisation which will facilitate acceptable solutions to disputes among Africans and promote the study and adoption of measures for common defence and programmes for co-operation in the economic and social fields. Let us, at this Conference, create a single institution to which we will all belong, based on principles to which we all subscribe, confident that in its councils our voices will carry their proper weight, secure in the knowledge that the decisions there will be dictated by Africans and only by Africans and that they will take full account of all vital African considerations."

His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie

HIM FATHER OF PAN AFRICANISM

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/20/2017 12:08:36 PM

"But through all that has been said and written and done in these years, there runs a common theme. Unity is the accepted goal. We argue about means; we discuss alternative paths to the same objective; we engage in debates about techniques and tactics. But when semantics are stripped away, there is little argument among us. We are determined to create a union of Africans. In a very real sense, our continent is unmade; it still awaits its creation and its creators. It is our duty and privilege to rouse the slumbering giant of Africa, not to the nationalism of Europe of the nineteenth century, not to regional consciousness, but to the vision of a single African brotherhood bending its united efforts toward the achievement of a greater and nobler goal."

H.I.M

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I