Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6741&start_row=1

Rastafari and the bible.

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/27/2016 6:59:27 PM

InI as a African Rastaman do not deal with the bible at all. InI feel like JAH9 sometimes because InI get slack from the Rasta community because of it. InI who was the descendants of slaves, where Christianity was forced upon InI people is one of main reasons InI don't need it and don't care about it.

Also, InI know the bible is not a historical book, it was written 2000 years ago and still not proven to be fact, when the Earth itself is over billions of years old. InI thinking logically, therefore InI don't need the bible or any other book to confirm Haile Selassie and Empress Menen as King of Kings and Queen of Queens. InI being the melanated son of the creators have everything inside of InI already. InI know that since the first bones were found in Africa all knowledge, wisdom, and understanding is from the Black man/wombman. InI the first nation of civilized people, InI ancestors build the pyramids, discovered science and medicine. InI can't begin to comprehend how great the African is.

InI perceive things based on reality and the reality is InI agree with the words and the actions of Selassie I and Empress Menen I. InI see Rastafari as the embodiment of righteousness for the African man and wombman, and something positive for the African man and wombman to look up to. So, InI can honestly say Rastafari is not a religion for InI at all. InI know it is all about African rights, African upliftment, natural livity for health reasons and getting back into nature, and finally looking to InI own African King and Queen for guidance and not a Babylon white christ.

InI not looking to debate this topic, but rather see others viewpoint, because at the end of the day every man/wombman has the right to decide their own way.

So, InI would like to know if the I follow the bible or not? and why?

Selassie I, Menen I.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/27/2016 7:36:05 PM

Yes I

You'll find that a few of us here reject western Judeo-ChristINSANITY and NATURALLY choose to RAturn to the AFRIKAN SOURCE/ROOTS, where ITAL knowledge comes from.

If you scroll through some of the older messages, you'll see EXTENDED reasonings on this very subject.

Give t-ANKH-x

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/27/2016 8:12:57 PM

Seen, Sisteren.Thanks for the information. InI will check it out.

Haile Selassie I, Empress Menen I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/27/2016 8:44:45 PM

Yes I

In fact, we are discussing the Afrikan Origins of Revelations on the thread posted below. Feel free to join in!

CLICK HERE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/27/2016 9:44:20 PM

I personal find the bible is very anti african. Anti ethiopian. Anti kemetic. Anti indigenous practice. Anti ham. Anti hola wombman of creation. Anti long hair wearing man...

Anything whe condone mass slavery as a part of God plan and intention couldnt be a book for I redemption and that couldnt be I God. Intentions to enslave the mind and pacify the oppress. I humbly put fire on the concept and name God and fe him Bible. Rastafari shall outLive christian bible. I praise a King and Queen who sit on a throne and govern a people both which stem far beyond the historical realms of any biblical character or story.

With the ancestors in mind, christianity is profanity.

Rastafari culture was not born out of Jamaican bible study groups whe one day suddenly say Rasta while reading revelation. InI say RASTAFARI 1ST and then look for different means to validate and justify according to the resources and knowledge available in the time.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/27/2016 10:44:42 PM

"With the ancestors in mind, christianity is profanity."

TRUTH SPOKEN!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/27/2016 11:35:47 PM

So what was Ras Tafari and his Empress Menens religion?

Tewedo?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/28/2016 6:07:14 AM

Its good to seperate the religion of Ethiopia from what WE know today as christianity. For example even in egypt if you call any of them christian they will tend to get very offended.... call them copts as they do not want any label associating them with what is global christianity and its wickedness

While it can still be argued even the Tawedo was brought to Ethiopia through foreign cultural invasion..... that a seperate reason.

InI dont come to Rastafari because of religion and or bible

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/28/2016 8:47:54 AM

I was inspired by Haile Selassie's speech on the Bible and so I read the Bible and found truth in it. The inspiration continues even until this day. I think His Majesty's speech on it is terrific.

----------
"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves.

...and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible.
- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Black Son of Jah Sent: 12/28/2016 10:34:36 AM

Seen Garveys Africa, that was a great explanation. InI don't need the bible to come to Rastafari. Selassie's children know the bible was taken from Ancient Egyptian text and revised for Babylon's captivity of the I. If InI have respect for the ancestors in this day and age InI has no reason to be using the bible. For InI know Rastafari is not a religion but an Afrikan consciousness.

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I