Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6739&start_row=1

'The Normal Christian Life', Recommended Book

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/27/2016 8:13:38 AM

"After our blameless Creator was sent to this world by His Father, then the hearts of all believers become The Temple of God."
- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

"When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do".
- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

Greetings.

I'd like to share a book that I found online at Dubroom. I read it a couple of years ago and thought it was good.
You can read it in PDF-format here:
'The Normal Christian Life' by Watchman Nee

It can also be read online here:
'The Normal Christian Life' by Watchman Nee

Contents

Preface

Preface to the English Edition

Introduction
Chapter 1: The Blood of Christ
Chapter 2: The Cross of Christ
Chapter 3: The Path of Progress: Knowing
Chapter 4: The Path of Progress: Reckoning
Chapter 5: The Divide of the Cross
Chapter 6: The Path of Progress: Presenting Ourselves to God
Chapter 7: The Eternal Purpose
Chapter 8: The Holy Spirit
Chapter 9: The Meaning and Value of Romans Seven
Chapter 10: The Path of Progress: Walking in the Spirit
Chapter 11: One Body in Christ
Chapter 12: The Cross and the Soul Life
Chapter 13: The Path of Progress: Bearing the Cross
Chapter 14: The Goal of the Gospel

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/27/2016 9:10:52 AM

bredren, i've noticed from your posts that you've confused this site with a Christian forum. No disrespect, but this is Rastafari! This is about Selassie. So we can talk about the normal Rastafarian life, not the Christian one. There are other sites for that.

Fyah bun

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/27/2016 9:55:12 AM

The title is just a title to me. What the book describes is the sacrifice of Yeshua Messiah and how that applies to believers.

I follow the teachings of Haile Selassie and he directs me to Yeshua. If you want to debate on the Rastafari Movement and Yeshua then I can mention that I've heard members of Nyahbinghi, Bobo Shanti, Twelve Tribes of Israel and Orthodox preach about the sacrifice of Yeshua. Some of these mansions hold to a more Christian view than others. Rastafari is not limited to Nyahbinghi or whatever House you count yourself to be a part of.

Take it easy and listen to this song if you want to learn about Rastafari.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/27/2016 11:33:10 AM

Greetings and Love
JAH Seeker thankhs, the I said what I think most of us are thinking... Bredren InI 7, even the elders who do adhere to the jesus salvation idea don't seek out ashkenazim jews and anglo saxon christians on youtube for their teachings. I have watched some of the clips Iman have been posting and I agree with Iman JAH seeker, these are drastically outside the Afrikan perspective.
Here are some quotes from the author of this christian book, Watchman Nee, which show to Iwomban that his views are not meant for the soul liberation of Black humanity:

Most I Guidance

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/27/2016 11:46:56 AM

give thanks. There is nothing wrong with the salvation and resurrection of Jesus, a historic and epic thing that and InI am grateful for that, but in this time InI follow the real resurrected Jesus, who came in the manifestation of Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/27/2016 12:34:17 PM

AHHH O!!!! JAH CHILD

TRUTH SPOKEN!!!!

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/27/2016 1:25:25 PM

Truth is truth no matter the origin of the person who speaks it.
To discriminate is racism.

Everything doesn't have to be about Africa. Some biblical things are universal. The Bible is the rallying point of humanity.

I don't see the problem with the pictures you posted. What if I was to quote Gadman on the same topic?

---------
"The 12 Tribes of Israel is seen as closer to Christianity than other Rastafarian groups. Is there a basic difference in the doctrine?

"Yes there is a basic difference because we see Christ, and that die and rose again, and that die for our sin, we see that person. So that is, you know, a different teaching, because is not many see this teaching, that Christ is the person."
Irie FM Interview with Gadman of the Twelve Tribes of Israel
----------

I could even mention that Elder Gadman encourages us to read the Metaphysical Bible dictionary. It isn't YouTube but the writer looks Anglo-Saxon to me:
Wikipedia on Charles Fillmore

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I