Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6729&start_row=11

Afrikan/Kemetic Origins of The Book of Revelations

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/26/2016 9:08:13 AM

Greetings JAH Seeker,

The quote you mention are not my words, but those of the author. I can only assume that what he's rightfully suggesting is that in order to properly overstand biblical scriptures we must see them "from behind the spectacles of Ethiopia", in other words, from their original Afrikan context and perspectives.

It would be impossible for me to to give a BRIEF comparative study, as I am not knowledgeable enough to do so, however I can highlight certain Kemetic origins and offer sources for those interested in more in depth studies.

There are many parallels between Christianity's Book of Revelation and the religious beliefs of ancient Egyptians. Parallels include Revelation's God on the throne, Christ, the Lamb, the devil, the two beasts, mark of the beast, false prophet and the tribes of Israel. All appear in the same order as in mainstream Egyptian texts such as the Amduat and the Book of Gates. Significantly, parallel characters, events and series of events appear in same order in both sources, including: the opening of the scroll in Rev 5, the two witnesses in Rev 11, song of Moses in Rev 15, the beasts of Rev 13, the harlot and the kings in Rev 17, the millennium, resurrection and judgment in Rev 20 and the arrival of a new creation in Rev 21. Allusions to the Book of the Dead are common. Finally, the entire structure and most of the content of the Book of Revelation can be accounted for in the layout of paintings on the walls a single Egyptian tomb.

ORIGINS OF REVELATIONS

KEMETIC ORIGINS OF CHRISTIAN REVELATIONS

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/26/2016 9:19:35 AM

The claim that Yeshua (Jesus) and Horus are connected have been debunked many times. Just search on Youtube: "Horus+Jesus+debunked", or something similar. A similar claim was made in the Zeitgeist documentary so ones can also search on: "Zeitgeist+debunked".

Here are some claims of connection between Yeshua and Horus being debunked, although I'm not sure what the author above claims:

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/26/2016 9:50:19 AM

Bredren, the Afrikan origins of Christianity are indisputable, the comparisons innumerable and the evidence unquestionably and glaringly obvious.

The cosmological foundations are as clear as can be.

Those who have eyes, let them see.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/26/2016 11:44:57 AM

An important point needs to be clarified here...

As stated above, the Afrikan/Kemetic foundations of Christianity, and ALL religions are indisputable.

HOWEVER...

It is CRUCIAL to overstand that our Ancient Ancestors told the story of the "Heavens" (cosmological principles) and the Natural and Divine Laws/Order of Creation/Creator using METAPHORS, SYMBOLS, PARABLES into human form.

In other words, HRU (Horus) and all other Kemetic characters are merely ATTRIBUTES of the Most High, not to be taken LITERALLY and at "face value", assuming them to be actual historical figures.

These symbolic attributes were used to build the foundations of Christianity, and Horus becomes "Jesus", while neither are historical figures, they are both reflections of the same ONE cosmological principle.

Let us not LIMIT these deeper truths with LITERAL eyes, but with a Higher EYE (I) and I and I and I...RasTafarI

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/26/2016 5:12:02 PM

Many individuals cannot identify the divinity of Emperor Haile Selassie 1st outside of the biblical scriptures. Hon Priest Isaac uses the Ancient kemetic(Egyptian) script to outline the connection between Emperor Haile Selassie 1st and Ausar(Osiris). The Hon Priest begins with a brief outline of Ethiopia and it's relation to the origin of civilization,as well as it's link to Biblical history. The Documentary then gives a timeline of Haile Selassie and begins the connection with Ancient Egypt. Fulljoy.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/27/2016 6:23:17 AM

seen sistren, give thanks.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/27/2016 8:57:16 AM

Jah Seeker, perhaps the following may better answer your earlier question, however you may want to be pre-warned...it ain't gonna be brief!!! LOL

Our Ancestors taught us that "As Above So Below"

Man is the microcosmic "universe" reflecting the microcosmic Heavens.

With that in mind, let us look at Revelations from a multilayered Afrikan Eye.

The Afrikan/Kemetic Taht-Aan (aka "John the Divine") was the witness for Horus, the only-begotten son of the father.

The "Book of Revelations" is SYMBOLIC of the human being, and the seven seals are the seven spiritual serpents of our Inner KRST "Christ" (Anointed One")

The opening of the seven seals is symbolic of resurrection and eternal life.

---------------------------

From "Egyptian wisdom in the Revelation of John the Divine" by Gerald Massey:

"The present contention is that the book is and always has been inexplicable because it was based upon the symbolism of the Egyptian astronomical mythology without the gnosis, or “meaning which hath wisdom,” that is absolutely necessary for an explanation of its subject-matter; and because the débris of the ancient wisdom has been turned to account as data for pre-Christian prophecy that was supposed to have had its fulfilment in Christian history. For example, the lamb alone has power to open the book of seven seals. His power comprised the powers of the “seven spirits of God”, the primordial seven. And, as represented astronomically, when the vernal equinox passed from the sign of Taurus into the sign of Aries the son of God was imaged as a lamb, instead of the earlier calf or still earlier lion; thenceforth his was the power and the glory and the majesty, and his the book of life then newly-opened, in the cycle of precession for another 2,155 years. But in the Book of Revelation the drama of the mysteries has been mistaken for human history, and a mythical catastrophe for the actual ending of the world. The book as it stands has no intrinsic value and very little meaning until the fragments of ancient lore have been collated, correlated, and compared with the original mythos and eschatology of Egypt"

--------------------------

Kush/Kemet was also known as "The Land of the Seven Seals"

We know that in ancient Kemet, the number seven represented completion.

In ancient Kemet, there were also seven cardinal principles/virtues of Goddess Ma'at to achieve human perfectibility. These principles are Truth, Justice, Balance, Order, Compassion, Harmony, and Reciprocity.

In Kemetic Temples were given and education in the seven Liberal Arts

There is also the "seven pointed star," where all seven points are equidistant, radiating seven currents of force that represent seven principles of human existence.

"This ancient Afrikan belief system gave rise to the seven Hermetic principles, which are the foundation of Hermetic philosophy. These principles are the Principle of Mentalism, The Principle of Correspondence, The Principle of Vibration, The Principle of Polarity, The Principle of Rhythm, The Principle of Cause and Effect, and The Principle of Gender.

In addition, the Afrikan spiritual belief system cities seven Stages/Ages of Man in the completion of his life cycle. They are Infancy, Boyhood, Youth, Manhood, Middle-age, Old-age, and Senility. And every human being possesses seven senses; they are Hearing, Touch, Sight, Taste, Smell, Intuition, and Clairvoyance.'

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/27/2016 9:06:22 AM

the more the better! Give thanks, Selassie I!

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/27/2016 9:37:41 AM

"Parallels include Revelation's God on the throne, Christ, the Lamb, the devil, the two beasts, mark of the beast, false prophet and the tribes of Israel. All appear in the same order as in mainstream Egyptian texts such as the Amduat and the Book of Gates."
- RastaGoddess
-------------------

I located these two texts online. If anyone reads them and finds references to the above mentioned topics then please share it.

The Book of Am-Tuat

The Book of Gates

Messenger: Ras Jesus Sent: 12/27/2016 12:46:22 PM

I see I was not expected to be born again so soon in this time by some.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 87

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I