Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6725&start_row=1

Marcus Garvey's Christmas Message

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/14/2016 12:23:22 PM

Greetings.

As the Christmas season is approaching us, I thought I'd share a message by Marcus Garvey for us to meditate upon.

Blessings.

Marcus Garvey - Merry Christmas
October 4, 1927

Christmas has a charm so dear,

Coming once for every year,

Bringing Christ in thought anew

With my greeting true to you.

For the everlasting truths

Men may differ in their views:

Still, at Xmas, it's all right

"Merry Christmas" to recite.

CHRISTMAS MESSAGE TO THE NEGRO PEOPLES OF THE WORLD
(December 1921)

Fellow men of the Negro race,
Greeting ---

To us is born this day the child Jesus - the Christ. The shepherds and wise men are now wending their way toward Bethlehem, there to behold the Wonder of God. Because, there, in a manger, is to be found the baby Christ who is to be the Redeemer of the world.

And so our thoughts go back for more than nineteen hundred years. We hear the shout "Hosanna in the Highest, blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord."

With all the preparation the human race had made to welcome into the world the Christ who is to redeem us, we find ourselves still in confusion, still fighting, still exploiting, still merciless in our onslaught one upon the other. But on Christmas morn may we not all members and brothers of the great human family, forget our differences, and in one glorious chorus sing out to the world "Peace, perfect peace"?

Christ died to free Mankind.

When we come to consider the Brotherhood of Man and the Fatherhood of God, and that this Child of our own flesh, yet spirit of the Great Creator has been sent to link us nearer to our common Father, will we not admit of the reason that there should be but very little differences between us?
What will we gain fighting the battle of man against man? Absolutely nothing but death; and was not this Child Jesus sent into this world to teach us the new life, the life of Love, of Charity, the Life of Mercy? What greater example do we desire than that which He gave in His own Life?

He suffered, He died that others might be free. Yet even with the great object of the Cross before us, even though He died on Mount Calvary to make us free; even though He overcame death, the grave and hell to demonstrate to us the new life possible to each and every one, we have not yet turned from the path of sin to enter into the glory of His Eternal Kingdom.

The Spirit of Christmas

Instead of planning a career of sin on this Christmas Morn, may we not lift our thoughts to that grand and noble Father who gave to us on this day His Royal Son, whom He has made our Brother, and ask Him to bless each and every one of us that our hearts may be touched with the true spirit of the first Christmas morn?
That first day in the stable at Bethlehem was a beacon of a new born hope, for with the birth of the Prince of Peace there came to us an age of spiritual grace, which in its course sought to link man nearer to his God, and coming down the ages for more than nineteen hundred years, we have tried to preach Him as he appeared to us in His innocence, His Love and in His Charity.

Christ labored for thirty three years to teach us the way to glory, but in His career man, his brother sought the life that he could not give; he persecuted Him, he derided Him, he jeered Him and at last he crucified Him. But when that which was physical in the Christ died, the spiritual continued, and from earth betook its flight to heaven, there, probably, for all eternity, to look down upon the sinful, wicked world, and still to shower upon us blessings that we really need.

We shall never succeed in taking the Spirit of Christ out of the world, because in some of us, still, there is that spark of love, charity, and mercy that links us to our God. But may we not ask the Great Omnipotent, the Great Creator, our Eternal Father to send once more into the world, just at this time and oh, how we pray that it be on this Christmas morn, our brother Christ, so that He may calm the raging storm and in truth pour out his benediction upon a corrupt world, a soulless human race, and make us subjects fit for Eternal Life?

Hail! the New born King

As with the angels let us sing, "Hail the New Born King, the Prince of Peace, Hail to the Son of righteousness, for with Thee there is life, without Thee there is death". For us thou died upon Calvary's mount to make us better, to redeem us from our sins, may we not hope for a continuance of that love even for today? and knowing Thee in Thy bountiful love for all mankind, may we not further ask that Thy Spirit lighten up our hearts and bring to us by the touch of Thy grace, the knowledge of the Everlasting Brotherhood of Man, and the Eternal Fatherhood of God?

As the angels now rejoice in heaven over this new birth, so we rejoice on earth, four hundred million of us, who are members of this Negro race, feeling that Thou art our King, that Thou art our Savior, that thou shalt be our Emanuel. We love Thee because Thou art the Son of God. We praise, worship and adore Thee because Thou art the Prince of peace.

The Prince of Peace our Guide to-day.

Let others in their sin, in their wickedness seek after the infant Life that Thou gavest to all mankind. We in our simplicity shall find refuge for Thee even in the land of Egypt. Yes, the world of sinful, wicked men cried out "Crucify Him! Crucify Him! But Lord because Thou art our Master, because Thou art our Prince of Peace, because Thou art our Redeemer, we shall render unto Thee all help possible, even in bearing the Cross up the heights of Calvary, for in life Thou hast been our friend; in death we know Thou shalt remember us, and now that Thou art sitting at the right hand of God, the Father, now that Thou hast conquered death, the grave and hell, surely in Thy mercy Thou shalt remember us.

So today even though hundreds of years have rolled by since Thy crucifixion, we know that there is in Thine heart, there is in Thy soul a warm spot for the Sons and Daughters of Africa whose forebears bore the cross for Thee up the heights of Calvary to Thy crucifixion.

We sing and shout with the angels; we ring our joy bells; we blow our horns in praise because Thou art indeed the Jesus, the Christ, the Emanuel to us, the Son of Righteousness, the Prince of Peace.

As sons and daughters of Africa, may not four hundred millions of ys the world over on this Christmas morn pray for the redemption of that Motherland which sheltered our Blessed Redeemer when the wild, wicked men of the world sought His life; in the same manner wild, wicked men seek the lives of Negroes today, and burn, lynch and kill them because they have not the strength that makes man mighty. But with the Almighty Power of God and with the guidance and mercy of our Blessed Lord we feel that one day Ethiopia shall stretch forth her hand, and whether it be at the second coming or before, we shall all sing our Hosannas, shout our praises to God for freedom, for liberty, for life.

"For Christ is born of Mary,

And gathered all above

While mortals sleep, the angels keep

Their watch or wondering love.

O morning stars, together

Proclaim the holy birth,

And praises sing to God our King,

And peace to men on earth."

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/14/2016 1:35:11 PM

Sermon on Luke 14:25-35.

Speaker: Fr Paul Guirguis

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/14/2016 7:05:38 PM

When I see articles or reasonings about Garvey or H.I.M worshipping Jesus, bible, etc..I instinctually and naturally adjust my “Ethiopian Spectacles” (as Garvey taught). Somewhat like an automatic “translator”, if you will.

It's well known that Garvey was a mason as was H.I.M Haile Selassie. Both claimed to be “Christian” to the outside world. However we know that both were initiated and “illuminated” into the Esoteric Sciences and Ancient Afrikan Mystery (Masonic) School. In fact, “Jesus” himself was “educated in all the learning of the Egyptians”, as were King Solomon, Moses, and others of world fame, achieving the "Highest Degrees" in human learning: Philosophy, Law, Religion, Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Astronomy, Astrology, Medicine, History, and all of the other subdivisions of the "Seven Liberal Arts.

--------------------------------------

“All of the symbols/emblems and garments show that Ethiopian and Christian traditions are based on esoteric Wise Mind of the cosmos and Neter. They support not only the esoteric nature of His Majesty’s Titles and Messianic Kingship, but the esoteric nature of the Ethiopian Throne on the whole. My conclusion is that His Majesty King Selassie is the True Standard or Emblem-Bearer of the Biblical Sun-God or Son or King of the Nile Valley and All Ages.

While I am well aware that His Majesty worshipped under the banner of Christianity and believed in following Iyesus Kristos, I don’t believe that I am contradicting the Emperor, as again I will say that Jesus like all other Kristos deities, is part of the whole fabric that is astrotheology, all part of KNOWING SELF cosmically and Earthly. I choose to say JAH or RasTafari or Selah instead of Iyesus Kristos, but I acknowledge that it is the same personality, same character of righteousness which I see in the Lion Sun King the First Power of the Trinity, JAH RASTAFARI.” -- Sista Ila

http://rastawifeline.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-sun-lion-cosmic-messianic-symbolism.html

-----------------------------

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/14/2016 9:57:06 PM

KRST-MASS

The lights on the tree symbolize chakras and light body. Spiraling the lights around represents the double helix and caduceus. The evergreen symbolizes physical immortality. The pine cone symbolizes pineal gland. Christmas is kundalini mass

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 12/15/2016 9:46:11 AM

Personally I don't believe that Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ) was born in December or January but the Christian tradition of Christmas still serves as a reminder to meditate on the incarnation of the Lord.

Here's some more information on the UNIA and the African Orthodox Church for those who are interested...

---------------------
McGuire returned to the United State in 1918 and soon afterwards joined the (UNIA). Marcus Garvey, the UNIA’s president appointed him Chaplain-general of the organization. On September 2, 1921 the UNIA created the African Orthodox Church and appointed McGuire as bishop. The church, based on traditional Catholic doctrines, was open to all but under complete black leadership and control. McGuire declared to his followers: “You must forget the white gods. Erase the white gods from your hearts. We must go back to the native church, to our own true God.”

McGuire, George Alexander (1866-1934)

The AOC (African Orthodox Church) holds to the historic three-fold ministry of bishops, priests, and deacons, and lays strong emphasis on apostolic succession. The church celebrates the seven sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church. Its worship is liturgical, of Eastern and Western rites. The Nicene, Apostles', and Athanasian creeds are affirmed.

African Orthodox Church - Wikipedia

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/15/2016 11:22:02 AM

Well said Sis Ila, and give thankhs for posting the Empress reasonings RAs Goddess! Very interesting comparison between the christmas tree and the highdea of Kundalini also. But I will stay not observing or sell-abrating mary-and-jeezusmass. What looks too similar can only be misOverstood by others, maybe even by ourselves, to mean that we are following the same religion.

Selahsay I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/15/2016 8:32:36 PM

I hear you sistren!

I am convinced that great men like Garvey and HIM overstood the higher cosmological principles that have been told in human form for the masses, under the banner of religion.

Much too learned to take the bible and religion LITERALLY.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/16/2016 7:08:33 PM

JAH CHILD,

I thought di I might find this interesting...

Symbols of Christmas

The Christmas festivity, so closely linked to the figure of Jesus, is full of spiritual symbols. Symbols are present in all religions, and their power lies in that they communicate profound spiritual truths directly, without passing through the intellect or the mind. But the profound Being in everybody recognizes the truth communicated by these symbols. That is why they have so much power of attraction.
The traditional image of Jesus' birth shows Mary and Joseph at opposite ends of the baby’s cradle, and sometimes it also shows an ox and a donkey. These represent the nadis Ida and Pingala, the first one being feminine and the second one, masculine. When the masculine and feminine energies from this nadis are balanced, they wake up and activate Kundalini, the divine energy. Kundalini starts to travel upwards through the nadi Sushumna, situated between Ida and Pingala. In its ascent, Kundalini provokes the birth of the divine consciousness, the divine child.

Jesus is born in a manger, a place where animals are kept, and not where humans live. Why is this? The Kundalini energy flows from the first chakra, located underneath the spine, near the genitalia, and associated with sexual energy. A place of primal energies, hence the symbolism of using the manger as the place of birth. It is there where Kundalini is born, and in its raise it will be transforming the consciousness and divinizing it.

That Kundalini energy goes up through the nadi Sushumna, looking for the chakra in the crown, on top of the head. Hermes’ caduceus, the symbol we can see in the pharmacies, represents this ascent of the snake like power travelling up the spine. When the Kundalini energy arrives to the crown chakra and merges with it, the yogi enters Samadhi, the trance of the union with the Absolute, the Father (or Shiva, the name the Siddhas gave the Absolute).

The star of Christmas, in the sky, represents the divine light, visible in the third eye chakra or in the crown chakra. It is the light that the three wise king followed when looking for the Divine. The three nadis, Ida, Pingala and Sushumna, meet in the sixth chakra, the third eye. Their energies travel towards it, looking for the Divine, so the yogi can ascend to meet God in the crown chakra. The divine light shows the way.

Is there a Christmas symbol for Kundalini, for this divine energy that springs from the first chakra and rises to meet Shiva, the Father, in the crown chakra? Yes, the Christmas tree, which represents the spine through which the nadi sushumna rises. On top of the tree there is the Christmas star, the goal for the yogi’s efforts, and the different color decorations hanging from it remind us of the various chakras.

Under the tree we deposit the presents that are customary for the festivities. The opening of the different chakras, as Kundalini passes through them, produces certain gifts or powers, which in Yoga are called “siddhis”: power of vision, of knowledge, of being omniscient, of materialization, etc. The presents represent the siddhis and blessings that the yogi acquires with his spiritual awakening.

In these festivities we also like putting lights and candles everywhere. In those places where the yogi has done a lot of spiritual practice there remains a type of prana (energy), subtle and spiritual, recognizable by an experienced yogi. This prana is perceived as tiny shiny dots of white or golden light, similar to the twinkling lights used at Christmas.

The Gospel says:
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying: “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests,” (Luke 2.8-14).

Each chakra is associated with a divinity, with a different divine aspect. The opening of the chakras caused by the rise of Kundalini is a great event that can include the vision and manifestation in the yogi of each of these divine energies, together with their gifts. These diverse manifestations look to, ultimately, rise the energy towards the crown, so the Divine can be born and the Kingdom of God, the complete divine consciousness, can be established in the yogi.
The Evangelist says that the shepherds went to worship baby Jesus, taking their sheep with them. The symbolism of this is that, as the chakras activate and the Kingdom of God grows on Earth, in the yogi's consciousness, the different personalities, represented by the shepherds and their sheep, are bowing to a superior consciousness, the divine consciousness that is being born.

According to Yoga, there is a relationship between the macrocosm, or the universe, and the microcosm, or man’s body and consciousness. The winter solstice was celebrated traditionally in December, when the light of day starts to dominate the darkness of night. So, this external event of the growing sunlight evokes in us the birth of the divine light, and consciously or unconsciously, we celebrate that one day the divine consciousness will be born inside us, with all its powers, and the Kingdom of God will grow on Earth. Our soul knows this, and awaits this birth with secret joy.

Love is also evoked during these days, and we celebrate the act of giving presents. Once a year, the external nature and our internal nature remind us that we are divine light and love. And, it does not matter if our superficial personality remembers or not the deep meaning of this celebration, the Being in us makes us rejoice in the contemplation of these symbols that remind us who we are.

http://www.yogaandchristianity.com/texto-navidad.htm

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/5/2017 12:38:15 PM

Hearsay hearsay hearsay, won't anyone bring forth solid proof along with allegations they make concerning Jah holy trinity ?
I will not be surprised to hear that Prince Emmanuel, holy Emmanuel, the royal african child the black christ, true lord and true saviour and redeemer, is a mason too. Not that I'll believe such, I simply can not.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 12/26/2017 6:48:40 AM

Merr Meri Christmas

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I