Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6699&start_row=11

Hello, i'm new !

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/12/2016 6:32:48 AM

Bienvenue S-Pookie. Il y a plusieurs de nous qui parles Francais ici.

Beloved brothas GA and VDR, I could take the time to translate, but honestly Ras, its the reoccurring, all too familiar introduction and "white Rasta" questions. Same thing, different language... No disrespect intended unto the author, whom we welcome with JAH Love nonetheless.

You're right, one can easily sight the similarities of roman/Latin based languages.

I see di Is also sight the irony in "BLC" as the root consonant of "blanc" (white) rather then what should more so be for Black. But alas...they use another all too familiar one: NGR (Negro/Negre)

Later for NGR...

INI can go further back and find one that better suits us: NTR (Neter)

Messenger: S-Pooky Sent: 11/12/2016 6:58:18 AM

I am going to seem stupid what do you mean with these abbreviations : NGR, INI, NTR, GA, VDR, BLC ? (In fact i don't really understood your messages xD)

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 11/12/2016 11:30:57 AM

Ajoute moi sur Facebook plutôt : Paul Clair

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 11/12/2016 11:50:44 AM

Somethings wont grow old long as new people be expose to the old

It seems that in olde English "blac" also meant white but "blaec" or so was black if so im sure some CONfusion done went down in demstory.

NTGR/NTR must be the root for their NG/NGR just as the Ethiopian King of HIM Kings list Ityopi must be the root of the Greek Ethiopian burnt face thing.

Goddess is NG/Neg ever used as an endearment
term?
As d I know NG/Nigga (dats my nigga deh) is endearment in certain sense with certain generations even across to other peoples and cultures. What i find strange is that with certain dialects of Louisiana French with white Cajun speakers "NEG" is use the same way for themselves as "NIGGA" with certain Blacks for eachother.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/13/2016 10:10:34 AM

S-pooky, we are speaking of languages, etymology, root of words, etc, but some of the abbreviations are for people's names here, such as VDR (VoodooRootz) or GA (Garveys Africa)

Brothah VDR: yes, I believe the French use "Negre" similar to how Americans use "my nigga". Hip hop culture has spread to all 4 corners of the earth, along with it, racist terms of "endearment"....same way.

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 11/13/2016 11:03:27 AM

Negro/Nigga but not Negre/Nigga.

Nigga or negro or negger become a humoristic word in France.

But Negre is a racist term in France.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 11/13/2016 12:44:50 PM

Bless up I's but their use of "Neg" is from older generations long before the spread of "hip hop" so thought it may have come from France

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I