Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6679&start_row=1

Mixed race and Caucasian Rastas

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Humlove Sent: 10/21/2016 6:31:34 PM

Iman is a true American(not very proud of this countries history of organized slavory, oppression and many things that truly horrify me like the forced sterilization of native women up to about 1980, genocide of native Americans, forced assimilation, the reservation system, oppression of African brederen, cops killing people, dark skinned people so often I and I feel revolution is near. the disgustingly large ( largest in the world) prison population (US makes up 25% of inmates, mostly brown skinned, and on and on. yes America has done good things but if even Iman,a citizen despises the practices and corrupt political system I and I have no illusion why the rest of the world hates us. a blind man can see.
so Iman is mixed race, 1/4 native Iroquois (Mohawk nation) 1/4 Ukrainian 1/4 Irish and 1/4 African decent but I look like a native mixed with white. I and I have followed the teachings of Rastafarian for many years.. somethings I man don't vibe with like anti homosexuality. one love for all! I and I am not lbgt but have family members I and I have seen grow from children to adults and don't believe it is a choice. Iman knew one of my cousins was gay since he before he even realized it himself or had attraction or interest in love while still an innocent kid. born that way. I man does believe some use it as an identity and act foolishly(flaming) and just like anyone who clings to an identity instead of being themselves for reason to fit in better or feel better about themselves. be proud of who you are be humble and celebrate the differences because we are all so much more alike than different.
ok I and I am way off topic.
how does rastaman and women from the islands or wherever you stand on the rd to Zion view light skinned followers, true followers of Jah and ras tafari / Haile Selassie I, Jah and Marcus Garvey? we all originated from Africa so in my mind we are all connected to that region. I and I live in southern Humboldt Cali where there is a large number of true followers as well as dreddies that think just because the puff ganj and use the healing herb and listening to reggae (no dub step please!) as an equation to rasta which to me is silly. I man is a philosopher. I and i's main philosophies are rasta and true Buddhist teachings. being selfless, crushing the ego, going back to nature, growing my own food and herbs and use natural medicine, don't drink or use drugs and am always wanting to spread the word and reason with others to expand my knowledge base and better I and I. I have a neighbor friend from Jamaica , a true rasta man who is super nice, always willing to talk, help eachother in our gardens and be a true friend. but I often wonder what goes through his mind when he sees me (because I and I don't say oh by the way I'm mixed race..)with my dreads rasta colors, clothing and necklace embracing Jah and rasta. I and I fly the Ethiopian flag(same as rasta flag but has the conquering lion of Judah on it and I fly the California republic flag because I and I am proud of iman's roots and beliefs and am always striving to better I and I. so I and I would like to start a true dialogue about this as I man is true rasta and want to promote it without offending anyone. any thoughts, opinions, ideas are very welcome, no mater what you believe . also what %is full blooded African why % mixed race and what %white people. don't be shy no racism here let us know your ethnicity and help spread rasta accross the world and take back the power! thank you all!

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 10/24/2016 2:35:44 AM

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5991&start_row=1

again

Messenger: Michael6420 Sent: 11/22/2016 7:25:10 PM

This was something covered alot, but I do like the point about what percentage makes what race. At this point in time, all people have a little of all races. All people have black, white, asian, hispanic, just in different ratios. I feel that nobody ever covers this. My answer is that it is all irrelevant. I is I, regardless of color. As long as the livity and intentions are in line with jah, thats what matters. And wether they are or not is between InI.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 11/22/2016 10:46:59 PM

"All people have a little of all races"
That so far from true!
The vast majority of Africans below the Sahara are 100% african in dna and even some in the diaspora. In many in the Caribbean area and even in the US there are Africans who have NO European dna. Also many of the aboriginal peoples in their aboriginal lands will inly have blood if their extended groups. There are plenty Euro Americans whos genetics are 100% Euro and AmerIndians alike. To say everyone is everyone is very erroneous.

Why cant divisions in humans just be? Why cant black be black and white be white?

His Majesty was of Amhara and Oromo descent, he WASNT Mursi or Masaai or Fulani!

Messenger: Michael6420 Sent: 11/23/2016 12:34:18 AM

This is one of those things which there will always be different opinions in. Divisions from the races, spirits that are in different vessels aka bodies. Neither is wrong, just difference in perspective. As long as each has their own beliefs and evidence to support their livity, life goes on.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/8/2017 10:40:56 PM

MIX UP MIX UP!!

Humlove u wrote: "I and I have followed the teachings of Rastafarian for many years.."

Thats a warning sign Right there! this sound and remind I too much about RAS TRENT

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 4/9/2017 1:30:21 PM

Ras Trent Lol

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I