Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6659&start_row=1

Do you think Satan is REAL ?

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sun of Light Sent: 9/19/2016 6:35:11 PM

Do you believe that satan/the devil is a real existing being or is it just a symbolic myth and the choices made by people are never influenced by satan but rather each induvidual chooses to do either good or evil actions?

Could it be an invention of men trying to shift the blame and not take responsibility for their deeds?

Many times we hear people saying after doing something evil that the devil has led them astray and also we hear people talking about resisting satan.

To me it seems that this could be damaging to individuals if they believe that their actions and personal decisions may be controlled or influenced by an external satan.

Again,I cant prove there is no satan.Just contemplating from the perspective of seeing people asuming that their evil actions can be manipulated or influenced by an external source and not fully their own choice.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/19/2016 6:57:16 PM

Greetings Sun,

INI posted on the "devil", di I might find it interesting:

Without The Devil, There Is No Christianity

Personally, the idea of a white bearded "God" in the sky, or a "devil" with pitchfork down below is as fanticiful as believing in Santa Claus.

INI look to Creation, the Natural Laws, and overstand that there are positive and negative ENERGIES. We can succumb to lower vibrations or rize to higher ones. We have the CHOICE to act upon our lower "animal" natures or our higher "God-like" one.

Simple.

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 9/19/2016 7:01:19 PM

Greetings in the name of the MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I...I BELIEVE in each and everyone LIGHT=JAH and DARKNESS=EGO...as each BEING become CONSCIOUS of the FACT that he/she is an EXTENSION of JAH...THOUGHTS... ACTIONS...WORD SOUNDS become more PURE of LIGHT=JAH...then EGO=DARKNESS has to take several seats...as the GOOD BOOK say...EGO can be the destruction of a HUMAN...EGO exist to Edge-God-Out...now with that being said...I BELIEVE IN JAH and JAH ONLY...IN I INNER and OUTER WORLD ONLY JAH LIVE...

BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 9/20/2016 3:25:55 AM

Your question needs to be more specific. Do i think it's a red guy with horns - no. But i do believe there is a negative energy, vibration, force, darkness, negative consciousness that is present everywhere just as Jah is everywhere, and that we can either succumb to this evil spirit or overcome it. That's it.

Rastafari

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 9/20/2016 10:14:26 AM

Good/evil, Jah/satan, dark/light

Ones say Jah is good and light and satan is bad and darkness

But in the bible from the beginning god was "Darkness" and had to create light
God created everything that would include satan (if the they are even separate entities) and according to Job satan needs permission from god to tempt ones.
In Isaiah 45:7 god says he creates good and evil

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/20/2016 12:08:22 PM

African religions do not have satan.

Dictionaries broadly explain the word “devil” as “spirit of evil” or “wicked spirit.” But Does African religion or do African languages have a word for the devil or satan?

No.

The devil, satan or Lucifer is an imported religious concept from Europe.
In African religion, good and bad spirits exist, but only as impersonalised spiritual forces. The plucking of the negative element and the positive element on the battery creates electricity. Down to the element of the atom, there must be the union of the electron and neutron for the atom to be created.

Therefore, destruction must be constrained in the maintenance of construction.

Isn’t this the basic principle of life? In physics we learn about the two opposing sides: the north and the south magnetic waves.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000148244/african-religions-do-not-have-satan?pageNo=1

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/20/2016 12:22:10 PM

Seen! @ bredren VDR

The dialectical Laws: The Unity of Opposites

"It lies at the heart of matter itself. It is the source of all motion, change, life and development. The dialectical law which expresses this idea is the law of the unity and interpenetration of opposites."

There can be contradictions in the essence of things as well. Light must be either a wave or a particle, but the truth is that light can be either or both. Light acts dialectically.

In other words, we see the truth as the whole picture. Each understanding or aspect of this picture is one-sided and incomplete. We seek to understand things by synthesizing the different aspects and looking at their contradictions.

Messenger: Sun of Light Sent: 9/21/2016 8:34:46 AM

To me the physical darkness and the light basically are not good or evil.Like We don't really consider the nght to be evil or the day to be good in terms of morals of men.

But perhaps light and darkness are used more as symbols of:
being in the dark=not seeing,being in the light:seeing.In a spiritual sense.

In the Old Testament there are actually things like 'God dwells in thick darkness' and 'the darkness and light are both alike to you'.

So perhaps there has been a misunderstanding wich cause people to consider literal darkness and light as good or evil.It's more like Eclesiastes:'A fool walks in darkness and knows not at what he stumbles...'

Concerning 'I create peace and I create evil',
The word may be originally translated as also adversity,calamity and in some Bible versions the word is actually 'disaster' or 'calamity'.Thus the meaning may not be evil in the sense of 'sin'.

Let everyone worship as they please.The mistaken view of many African spiritual ways as devilish is based on fear of that wich ones cannot overstand and their lack of spiritual inner guidance.

'Bible can make fools more foolish and wise wiser'

Messenger: Sun of Light Sent: 9/21/2016 8:54:48 AM

To some,everything that is not their religion is evil and of satan.We Know Better.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/21/2016 10:18:27 AM

Good reasonings Sun.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I