Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6652&start_row=1

How white people changed the Identity of biblical characters from black to white. Pure deception!

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/5/2016 6:37:02 PM

How white people changed the Identity of biblical characters from black to white. Pure deception!

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 9/6/2016 5:40:26 PM

Greetings

I agree with most of the things told in the video.
For example, how the messianic movement changed into the state religion of Rome - Christianity. That is not to say that everything that was established at the councils are false. The Trinity was probably established as a doctrine then and we see Haile Selassie (Might of the Trinity) appearing in our time. That is hidden yet there in the Bible.

The appearance of Yeshua and God the Father in Revelation also seem to describe their skin. I don't deny that.

However, the verse in Lamentations describing the Israelites as black seem more poetic as they are depressed (verse 8).
Lamentations 4

Yes, the Israelites were mistaken for Egyptians and Yeshua's family hid there.
But I am not convinced or learned enough in history to believe that the majority of Egyptians were really dark skinned. I don't know about the pictures so I can't let them speak for themselves.
One example, this makes me wonder:
Ptolemy I Soter (remove the www. to make the link work)

Many so called Black Israelites deny that other Jews are real Jews. I don't know the doctrine of the people who made this video but that is something I don't support.
I don't think the world Jewry have held on to their Jewish identity for so many years in vain, so to speak.

Some black people may be Israelites but I think it's best to hold on to what one knows about their ancestry. Most black people should see themselves as Africans or Blacks (of whatever nationality they have) in my opinion.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 9/6/2016 7:42:57 PM

With the bible cultre and history has go along with it to see what hidden.
When did this and that enter into Israelite thought. Where were they when these thoughts came about. Who were the people they were in most contact with when the thought come up. What were the people culture and ideas they were dealing with at the time of such concepts. All these must be answered.

Israelite beings mistaken for Egyptian says nothing of what they looked like at the time cuz Egypt had overrun with Greeks for 4-500 years prior it may have his dress style.

World Jewry dont hold on to a Israelite "tribal" identity they hold on to a Jew'dism religious identity. Just christians have been christians for centuries, it just religious. Therw are Asian, African and Europeans Jews who been that way for centuries. Again history must be studied londside this for clearer over standing.

Agree InI should stick with African and our identifiable cultures. I wouldnt even say nationalities because nations born and dead like people. Looka Sudan now half a dem is South Sudan, some Nigerians may become Biafrans, the time the US was conceived I was Latin/French land.
But why do we look pass West Africa, spritually when many if I local (Caribbean, US South) beliefs and ways stem from there? Is it because we have been christianized and fearful af the devil and see West African sprituality as devilish?
Can His Majesty be sighted truely through the lens of Ethiopia/Africa void of Israelism thru Queen Makeda of Sheba?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/7/2016 11:29:08 AM

Whether one is well studied in Afrikan history or not, one can apply simple logic to come to the natural conclusion that since Egypt (a Greek name for KHEM meaning BLACK or land of the Black) is on the continent of AFRIKA, its inhabitants would be....Afrikan, with varied complexions of "black", for Mama Afrika has always produced varied complexions from light to dark, due to climate, regions, and geography, without the introduction of white mans seed. Our ancestors clearly left their AFRIKAN mark , be it through art, monuments, texts, and philosophy.

The usage of the term "visage (face) as black as coal" in Lamentations 4 is as clear as it can be. One can choose to perceive that as a poetic definition of being "depressed", however I'm pretty sure they had extensive vocabulary to choose from to poetically express depression! Otherwise, one would have to assume that when the bible describes "Jesus" as having feet the color of burned brass (black), that Jesus also must have had "depressed" feet. Perhaps having "hair like wool" (natty) is also a symptom of depression?

In regards to "Jews" being black, again, common sense must be applied. JUDAH-ism coming from the land of Judah, birthed the original Ethiopian Falasha, Geographically located in AFRIKA. "Oh ye Israelites, are you not the same as Ethiopians", sayeth the Lord. The historical facts cannot be disputed, the resources proving this are numerous!

Even "Jesus" pointed out "false Jews, from the synagogue of Satan"

The roots of Judaism (and KRSTianity) are undeniably Afrikan, as are its people and traditions. Anything that suggests otherwise is European propaganda, deception and lies!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 9/7/2016 11:50:02 AM

Cant leave out the Grecco-roman population and influence in that area at that time either tho.

I think Judah-ism is more rooted in African thought but even a Roman writer wrote that the peopke of Western Judea were a race of Ethiopians (Black Africans). Maybe the original way of supposed christianity was/is African but what the world knows as it is more Grecco/roman, Tarsus/Mithraic (Paul) influenced

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 9/7/2016 7:58:55 PM

Yes, European population did influence that area, but not in the beginning. The original I-cepts of “Judaism” and “Christianity” were founded and practiced long before any Europeans had emerged from the Caucus Mountains.

Verse 7 says "ARE YOU NOT AS CHILDREN OF THE ETHIOPIANS UNTO ME, O CHILDREN OF ISRAEL?"...

In this Verse, the Israelites are being called children of the Ethiopians by the Most High. The Ethiopians are a known black- skinned people, and the most high is calling Israel their children. How much sense would it make to call a white skinned people, CHILDREN OF THE ETHIOPIANS? The majority of Jews today are white-skin. if ancient Israel were a white skinned people, wouldn't it make more sense to compare them to a white skin nation. This verse does not say,
"ARE YOU NOT AS CHILDREN OF THE ROMANS / GREEKS / GENTILES UNTO ME O CHILDREN OF ISRAEL?"

It clearly compares Israel with a black skinned people. The reason for this is simple. Israel was and is a black skinned people, and the majority of them still are.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 9/7/2016 9:04:37 PM

Yes True Goddess, but the religion of Christianity and the people of "that time" ruling Egypt and Israel were no longer African. Gteeks had been there for a few hundred years also some Eurasians before the Greeks were there.
During Moses time coming out of Egypt its purely African but by time Jesus time Hellenism was in full swing.

Acts 22:28 Paul (of TARSUS) cleary states he was "born" a Roman citizen in Eurasian gentile land.

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 9/8/2016 9:43:42 AM

Are you not as the Ethiopians means that God has dealt with these nations, too. It's about status, not skin colour. Would you say that the Syrians are black people too?

Amos 9
7 “Are you not like the people of Ethiopia to Me,
O children of Israel?” says the Lord.
“Did I not bring up Israel from the land of Egypt,
The Philistines from Caphtor,
And the Syrians from Kir?

AND THE SYRIANS FROM KIR?

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 9/8/2016 9:52:44 AM

Syrian Men

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 9/8/2016 10:02:50 AM

Well there are black people there too and dont forget people migrate and migrated there also. Just as the Americas populations just a few hundred years ago was dramatically different.
Thats why history must go long with it, was the population at the time mentioned the same as now?

Also many modern Ethiopians share similar features and skin tones as people in that areas.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I