Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6634&start_row=1

Marcus an Bob in de Ible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: I-Man Sent: 8/28/2016 10:23:20 PM

Selassie I Solomon I Hail JAH TAFARI

So Iman creat diz topic ta speak bout bob an marcus in de Ible cuz think I that Marcus are John the baptist but also Bob Marley.

De role of diz tree persons are kinda de sam if you have a good reflecZion.

Life a Cycle

InI peace lov Inity

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/28/2016 10:49:20 PM

It is the WORKS, teachings, and musical message of AFRICAN LIBERATION that make these two men great.

No disrespect intended, but some of us recognize and honor our warriors and messengers without need of biblical connection, or approval.

Malcolm X, Nat Turner, Harriet Tubman, Queen Nanny, Queen Nyabinghi, Yaa Asantewa, all of these warriors are recognized, loved and respected by INI without finding some kind of biblical connection.

Messenger: I-Man Sent: 8/28/2016 11:15:47 PM

Yes I but there are biblical connection, this is true.

Iman give thanks for the teachings of His Majesty, Bob, Marcus Garvey

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 8/29/2016 7:17:59 AM

Blessings to Marcus Garvey for his works.

John 1
[19] Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?”
[x]
[21] And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?”

He said, “I am not.”

“Are you the Prophet?”

And he answered, “No.”
[x]
[x]
[31] I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”

[32] And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.
[33] I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’

Matthew 17
[11] Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things.
[12] But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.”

Malachi 3
[1] “Behold, I send My messenger,
And he will prepare the way before Me.
And the Lord, whom you seek,
Will suddenly come to His temple,
Even the Messenger of the covenant,
In whom you delight.
Behold, He is coming,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

Malachi 4
[5] Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
6 And he will turn
The hearts of the fathers to the children,
And the hearts of the children to their fathers,
Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/29/2016 10:25:52 AM

Greetings Rasta,

Are these scriptures meant to show the biblical connection to Garvey or Bob?

If so, how?

Some could equally apply or connect these to Malcolm X, for example. Some would say Elijah Mohammed. Biblical prophecy can be selected to suit or appeal to different perspectives and beliefs.

The Creator reveals universes of Truth OUTSIDE of the bible each and every second of the day.

The Book of Life and Natural Laws are clearly written WITHIN, for "the kingdom of JAH is within" and can be plainly sighted in Creation each and every second of the day.

A sun rise will move I to tears, humble I before the awesome power of Creation, much more then any Matthew, Mark or John ever could.

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 8/29/2016 11:24:28 AM

The verses are showing the role of Marcus Garvey. Some of them apply to Haile Selassie I (messenger of the covenant in Malachi).

Marcus Garvey is traditionally seen as a forerunner to Haile Selassie I, much like John the Baptist was to Christ. This second forerunner is prophesied of as Elijah in the book of Malachi (and by Christ). It is Garvey's works and his words - "Look to Africa for the crowning of a black King, then know that your redemption is near", that fulfills this.

To apply it to Marcus Garvey and not another, I guess is a matter of faith. You and anyone else is free to believe what they want.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 8/29/2016 8:45:48 PM

"Look to Africa" or "look to the EAST"? But from Garvey's position Africa would still be EAST so it the same still.
And was it Garvey or Webb who first proclaimed this?

Messenger: Ras InI 7 Sent: 8/30/2016 6:45:14 AM

I'm not sure if it was "Africa" or "East".

I have heard of the idea of Webb being the one and I have his book: 'A Black Man Will Be The Universal King' on my computer. I don't know what impact Webb had. And I am not fully convinced that the prophesy is linked to his book or words. Garvey could have said it. The Rastafari Elders have told us so.

In the documentary, Roaring Lion I think it is, a professor says that Garvey staged a play where an African King and Queen were crowned. Garvey also spoke much about Ethiopia and encouraged people to worship God through Ethiopia. And he had such a huge impact. That is enough for me to credit him as the contemporary who led the way to Haile Selassie I.

"...We Negroes believe in the God of Ethiopia, the everlasting God - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, the One God of all ages. That is the God in whom we believe, but we shall worship Him through the spectacles of Ethiopia."

Marcus Garvey - The Image of God

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 8/30/2016 10:06:15 AM

Ok, I have my theory or thoughts on it

Look to the EAST (Africa which is east from Garvey) is very much a Masonic phrase

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 8/30/2016 10:41:53 AM

Indeed bredren VDR. And both HIM and Garvey were Masons. FACT.

The East has always been considered sacred. This was, without exception, the case in all the Ancient Afrikan Mystery Systems, from which the Masonic rites are rooted from.

From the Masonic dictionary:

"The camp of Judah was placed by "Moses" in the East as a mark of distinction; the tabernacle in the wilderness was placed due East and West; and the practice was continued in the erection of Christian churches. Hence, too, the primitive Christians always turned toward the East in their public prayers, because the East is the most honorable part of the world, being the region of light whence the glorious sun arises." Hence all Masonic Lodges, like their great prototype the Temple of Jerusalem, are built, or supposed to be built, due East and West; and as the North is esteemed a place of darkness, the East, on the contrary, is considered a place of light.

A mason is said to travel from the West to the East, that is, from dark ness to light. In the Prestonian system, the question is asked, "What induces you to leave the West to travel to the East?" And the answer is: "In search of a Master, and from him to gain instruction." The same idea, if not precisely the same language, is preserved in the modern and existing rituals."

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I