Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6591&start_row=1

"From Babylon to Timbuktu" - awesome read!

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/18/2016 2:35:32 PM

I strongly suggest the I's who haven't read it to do so, i can put up the site where you can download it if needed. Great insight into the birth of civilizations and religions and how they spread, and how in fact mama Africa and the black race gave birth to all the civilizations/cultures/traditions/religions/inventions etc.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 7/18/2016 3:10:29 PM

CRUCIAL BOOK!

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/18/2016 3:43:18 PM

Lot of biblical biases in the book, good read for those of that thought tho.
I think the Arabic writings the people of that area have right now would be interesting reads too!

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 7/19/2016 2:55:14 AM

True VR, but iman think it's even better that he was able to take the white mans book and prove even that was black!

Selassie I, RasTafari

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/19/2016 10:22:50 AM

Black scholars of today im famililar with have discredited alot of this work. But as VDR says its more for Bible believers especially those who want to label all black people who came through trans atlantic slavery,as the real or lost hebrews. Hebrew israelites of america swear by this book and are constantly in debate with brothers overs its (in)acccuracies. I own it but have only read up to half of it as by then i knew i was in the wrong place.

Each to their own !

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 7/19/2016 12:22:45 PM

I would much love to read the writings those families have saved in Mali, if the perversions havent occurred yet. I saw a South African scholar was there with the researching and translating, I just hope we are in control of the work.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I