Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6575&start_row=1

Truth vs Fiction

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/27/2016 7:55:02 AM

Was Akhenaton the original writer of the songs of David (i.e., Psalms)?

In Akhenaten's "Hymn to the Sun" one can see a great resemblance to the Bible. Akhenaten sees the sun as his one and only god and for a Christian they see God as their one and only god.

Lines 1 through 15 automatically will make one think of the Bible. Akhenaten states that the sun took it's throne in heaven and that is when life began. Then he goes on to explain the majesty and compassion of the sun to all. To a Christian it is God that sets on a throne in heaven and it is God that created life. God is also know for ruling all and having compassion for all. Akhenaten gives the sun credit for creating woman and man, which makes a Christian think of the story in the Bible of Adam and Eve.

Akhenaten states "You make Hapy, the Nile, stream through the underworld, and bring him, with whatever fullness you will,..." This passage is referring to the sun controlling the Nile river and making it go where ever the sun desires. The New International Version Bible states in Psalm 104 verse 10 "He makes springs pour water into the ravines; it flows between the mountains." This passage refers to God controlling the waters and making it go where ever he desires

Hymn to Aten
Sole God beside whom there is none!

Psalms 104
YHWH my God you are very great.

Aten
How many are your deeds … You made the earth as you wished, you alone, All peoples, herds, and flocks.

Psalms
YHWH, how manifold are your works! In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.

Aten
The young lions roar for their prey .. when the sun rises, they withdraw, and lie down in their dens.

Psalms
Every lion comes from its den

Aten
You set every man in his place, You supply their needs; Everyone has his food.

Psalms
These all look to you to give them their food in due season.

Aten
The fish in the river dart before you, Your rays are in the midst of the sea.

Psalms
Yonder is the sea, great and wide, creeping things innumerable are there

Aten
He makes waves on the mountain like the sea, To drench their fields and their towns.

Psalms
You make springs gush forth in the valleys; they flow between the hills … The trees of YHWH are watered abundantly

Many academicians have noted the similarities between the most famous Ancient Egyptian folktale "The Autobiography of Sinuhe" and the biblical account of "David and Goliath."

The Sinuhe folktale existed in many texts as far back as the 20th century BCE. Therefore, it was developed a thousand years before the biblical account of David and Goliath was supposed to have occurred.

The story of David and Goliath is a fictional story which was inserted in the Bible in an attempt to enhance the biblical King David’s trait as a hero and a warrior, and that the events of the duel between David and Goliath were actually borrowed from the Egyptian literary work The Autobiography of Sinuhe.

Due to the universal nature of the themes explored in "Sinuhe", including divine providence and mercy, its anonymous author has been described as the "Egyptian Shakespeare" whose ideas have parallels in biblical texts. The Biblical account of the Exodus and of Moses were based at least in part on the story of Sinuhe.

SOURCES

http://www.seanet.com/~realistic/psalm104.html

http://www.egypt-tehuti.org/articles/david-goliath.html

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/27/2016 10:55:37 AM

Thanks for the information RG

This reminded me of the Kebra Nagast when Queen Sheba said to King Solomon; "I will no longer worship the sun, but will worship the creator of the sun, the God of Israel."

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/27/2016 7:42:37 PM

Yes Hemphill, and this too has astrological foundation:

Solomon, also, whether looked upon as a historical or a mythical character, is philologically shown to have been connected with the planetary system, Sol-Om-On signifying "the sun."

The words Sab, Saba, Sheba, all have an astronomical or astrological meaning, signifying the "Host of Heaven," "The Planetary System." Saba, or Sheba, was especially the home of astronomical wisdom; and all words of this character mean wise in regard to the stars. The wisdom of Saba and of the Sabeans was planetary wisdom, the "Sabean language" meaning astronomy, or astrology, the latter being the esoteric portion of the science. At the time of the mysteries, astrology was a sacred or secret science, the words "sacred" and "secret" meaning the same thing.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/27/2016 11:19:14 PM

That is a beautiful break down RastaGoddess. Many thanks!

I see that the Sun is vital for life and has been praised accordingly. To me, what is inspiring about that section of the Kebra Nagast is that through the acquisition of high wisdom Queen Makeda from Sheba saw not just the Sun but the ONE that created it. I like how Bob Marley said it in "Me don't dip on nobody's side. Me don't dip on the black man's side, not the white man's side. Me dip on God's side, the one who create me and cause me to come from black and white." I dont think that Bob was necessarily speaking on race here, but simply highlighting that the physical is a creation and it is the CREATOR that should be known and prasied.

The more knowledge there is of creation, the better the creator will be known! More knowledge! More growth! More heights!

Most High

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/28/2016 4:13:04 AM

The Kebra Negast may claim that. But we know theough history that the Throne of Ethiopia including at the time of Makeda, was in fact not Hebrew.......before we juxtapose the god of israel upon ancient people who may never have agreed with the concept at all

When judeochristians examine history, they always tend to force their ideas of God, onto the ancient ideas. As well as force their ideas of 'the (their) creator' when InI are giving honor onto the creation. For the truth, the religious practices of ancient ethiopia: Aksum and D'mt empires need to be explored. It may be more Astar, Beher, than Yhwh

Also there is the possibility that Sheba was not 'Ethiopian Makeda' and she may have been a Sabaean. Many scholars have suggested that Sheba's kingdom was actually within Yemen, and we know in 4th-5th century BC there was an influx of people from that area into Ethiopia/Aksum, maybe thats how the stories mixup.

Anyway as I read the words of Akenaten, and then immediately come into God of Israel and Sheba discussion, these things enter I mind. Give thanks

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/28/2016 9:26:41 AM

Indeed brothah.

Many tend to assume that those who worship (meaning "to adore") Creation, deny or are ignorant of the Creator. This couldn't be further from the truth! The two are inseparable. The Ancients recognized the many attributes of the Creator. The Divine Intelligence and Master Architect of the Creative Forces.

Again we find that Saba/Solomon are cosmological principles PERSONified into fictional characters.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/28/2016 10:00:50 AM

I did not assume or intend to say that those who praise the Sun and other aspects of creation are ignorant of or denying the creator.

I tried to explain this in saying: "The more knowledge there is of creation, the better the creator will be known."

I apologize if I offended

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/28/2016 10:38:14 AM

Also, I think the Kebra Nagast is a good topic to discuss in Truth vs Fiction. The Kebra Nagast seems to be portraying Sheba and Solomon and thier Son as physical people. Righteous people that established the Solomonic dynasty of Kings in Ethiopia.. Please correct me if this is fictional. .

Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/28/2016 12:26:17 PM

No offense taken Idren. We are simply, and respectfully exchanging perspectives.

INI Kushite royal bloodline goes way into antiquity, long before "Sheba and Solomon", in fact, long before Nile civilizations reached their zenith in kemet, beginning with ORI of ANU.

What is being addressed is the more recent Judeo-Christian spin on ancient bloodlines, history and cosmological symbolism.

Here's another perspective of Sheba:

Queen Hatshepsut is Queen Sheba

"Thy name reaches as far as the circuit of heaven, the fame of MAKERE (Hatshepsut) encircles the sea"

Makere is clearly the same name as Makeda. Hatshepsut was also referred to as Ma'at-ka-Ra, a name eerily similar to the Ethiopian Makeda or Makere. 'Hat-sheps-ut', means 'Foremost of Noble Women'. 'Hat' can mean 'foremost' but it also means 'Sign', 'Leader' or 'Prophet. It now seems far better to acknowledge this woman was the queen who administered Egypt and Ethiopia. Therefore, 'Hat-sheb-sut' means 'The Sign of the Queen (Law-maker) of the South' (variables; sign, queen, south). The Ethiopians transcribed Hatshepsut's other hieroglyphic title i.e., 'Maatkare' or 'Makare' from Egyptian into the Ethiopian 'Makeda'.

The term "Sheba" or "Saba" refers to the name of the famous Ethiopian royal city at the confluence of the Nile and two other Ethiopian rivers, at the upper reaches of the Nile.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/28/2016 1:40:48 PM

I would say alot of dem text are based in reality and fiction.
Some of those characters may hv been based on actual people but their attributes are not but based in the cosmos. Some "Adi Akaweh" findings may support the Sabaen/Hebrew (Red/Black) union of Ethiopia.
I think the only real truth we can with in this time is that of this time. All else is left to spectulation and belief.

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I