Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6573&start_row=1

If a creator does exist...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/22/2016 5:19:42 PM

1. What is the point of other planets and galaxies and everything if only this one was made for InI, why would someone create more planets? Also the discovery of water on Mars and other microorganisms on planets, why and how?

2. Why do we have auto-immune, incurable diseases InI can get without warning and and can be inherited and passed on, how is this fair?

3. what is the point of so many animals and marine life and insects when InI don't see many of them ever and have no use, and why not make the ecosystem much simpler in its need to have this food chain cycle, rendering it redundant and bringing it down to only a few animals InI need or nature need. Why the need for 1000-s types of spiders, bugs, fish etc.?

4. Why are some people born mentally undeveloped or with physical inabilities (deaf,blind etc.). How is it fair for someone to spend their whole life as a vegetable!?

5. Why make some berries, mushrooms and other things that come natural from the Earth so poisonous that it can kill us? Isn't everything from the Earth supposed to be for InI use?

These and many other things InI ponder pon and just interested on the I's views and feel free to add other questions as well.

Give thanks,
Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/22/2016 6:34:27 PM

Because the creator is not a person and does not have a character. The creator is the creation. Creation was not made for InI human beings, we are a small part of it having a human experience. Also, everything inna creation is not perfect. Decay, deterioration, mutation, these things happen as the only true constant is change; perfect imperfection. Anyway, think less of Bible God, and more of oneness. Killing is all a part of nature, most things inna our immediate ecosystem are designed to evade being killed as skillful prey, or to kill something else for its own prosperity; you will be hard pushed to find something which isnt involved in this cycle ina nature. The only difference with InI is higher consciousness (awareness) but then again, no two species percieve the iniverse in the same way. Natue is as nature does. InI give thanks continually.
I have always said that the suffix -or on the end of create ie 'creator' makes it almost personified. I like to think less of creator and more creative force or energy.

Anyway, good things to ponder on as im sure we all do. Fire on false God.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/22/2016 7:16:39 PM

Good questions Jah Seeker.

GREAT ANSWER GARVEYS!

1. Why would the Creator/Creation be partial? Why create just the Earth? Think of all the complex sum parts that make up our body/temples, each in perfect harmony and balance. AS ABOVE SO BELOW

2. Many of the dis-eases were created by man, or are symptoms and after effects of man-made creations. In Nature, there is a reason for everything. It may not be perceived as “fair” by INI. Neither is “death”, yet it is part of Life. Yin/Yang. Dialectical Laws of Opposites.

3. Even a mosquito has a function that is perfectly in balance with Creation. Each plays their part in the larger ecological system.

4. What is perceived by some of us as “unfair” may actually have a divine purpose. A blind person naturally develops other senses. Had Stevie Wonder not been blind, perhaps he wouldn’t have produced the musical magic he does.

There is a school of thought that suggests that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience, and that we choose the kind of lessons we wish to learn in this university called Life. If we entertain that thought process, then we might overstand that this “vegetable” agreed to such an experience, perhaps out of love for another spirit’s physical experience, or for a greater lesson to be learned.

5. Even the poisonous ones, used correctly by a trained person, has healing properties. Or can be used on arrows for hunting. There are many positive uses from poisonous plants.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/22/2016 8:21:21 PM

My father is a firefighter. He has worked 32 years and is about to retire. During his career he has seen many fatalities. A year or so ago, my father and I had gotten into a discussion of a similar theme.. His main point was that IF there is a 'God', he has a lot of questions.. What kind of God would allow an infant to die in a house fire? Allow a car-full of teenagers to wreck and die on the road? Create diseases that kill horribly slow? Allow my grandfather -- a fire chief -- to be hit and killed by a firetruck arriving on-scene? My father went on to say that he simply doesnt know, and cant believe in such a 'cruel God'..

I have to say that I couldn't and still cannot answer these questions and claim that my answers are fact.. Each person has similar questions that can only be answered through thier own experience and reasoning. What works best for one may not work at all for others. What works for me is similar to what RastaGoddess describe in saying: "There is a school of thought that suggests that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience, and that we choose the kind of lessons we wish to learn in this university called Life." I agree with this in the sence that I am a spiritual being having a physical experience. I differ with the quote in that I cannot remember ever choosing to experience this life and the lessons thereof. Also that idea kind of implies some aspect of reincarnation, which I have also never had remembrances or experiences of.. I have studied the Bhagavad Gita and resonate with many of the teachings but not all. It is a philosophy that is very intimate and personal with the divine. Krsna as the supersoul that resides inside the soul of every being, and Krsna as his own being and character. Through this view; the physical universe is but one aspect of creation, one realm if you will. The soul being the character and true essence and the body being a vehicle to carry I through the lessons of this physical experience.. This physical realm is said to be a lesser energy of the Lord. The spiritual realm, which is the goal of moving through the physical, is the higher energy of the Lord. Physical being temporary and spiritual being eternal. The spiritual realm being the eternal habitation of the Lord -- Zion. I know that I haven't been to direct here but if the I would like to study the differences of a personal view of JAH vs an impersonal view, the Bhagavad Gita speaks extensively on the subject.. To be more direct; I FEEL that JAH is a person with a Mighty character as shown through H.I.M. coming to Earth. The foolishness of JAH is wiser than the wisdom of men.

Most High
Love

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 6/22/2016 8:43:26 PM

God dwell within me as me and dwell within you as you; From the smallest atom to the largest star is this oneness we called the Creator (one love). Infinite consciousness is the source of creation which we have labelled as God

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/23/2016 1:57:24 AM

It is true dat God is not a human but he is more than a human. Almighty God is de creator of de Universe & all Iration. Almighty Creator is too mighty to be limited in one creation being or object thus there is no one person, being or object dat can be truly pinted or refered to as de Creator. Almighty God is de most supreme being who is actualy more than a being. Almighty is de Force above all forces, de Power above all powers. De Force of creation is God & S/He manifest in all Iration objects & forces. So be asured of dat bro Jah seeker. Glorry be unto de Most Supreme Force, Glorry be unto Almighty God. Oneness.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/23/2016 5:04:01 AM

wow so much fyah and wisdom and i must say i agree with everyone lol. I give thanks and will take parts out of each reasoning for InI daily meditation.

More love,
Selassie I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/23/2016 9:02:24 AM

Hemphill Sent: 6/22/2016 5:21:21 PM

"I cannot remember ever choosing to experience this life and the lessons thereof. Also that idea kind of implies some aspect of reincarnation, which I have also never had remembrances or experiences of.."

I feel you bredren. I too do not have actual concrete recollections, however there are a few things that may give validity to that school of thought, or at least worth considering:

- Have you ever met someone, or heard the elders say that someone (usually a child) has an "old soul"? What do you think is meant by that?

- We use the French term "deja vu", meaning "already seen". I cannot explain this phenomenon other then exactly what it implies, and have felt this many times. A recollection of something once seen, which sometimes is felt to belong in another time or experience that couldn't have possibly been experienced in this life. How does one explain this?

- It is said that part of the purpose of divination and initiation rituals are for the spirit to remember. Remember what? Some say that initiation will reconnect you to the beginning of all things, from the Genesis of Creation to all your previous experiences/lessons/lives, and finally your purpose in this one, and your place in Creation.

- It is said that a "diviner" will speak to the returning ancestor waiting to be reborn within a pregnant woman. That ancestor/spirit will clearly communicate his/her purpose, which he/she will not typically remember until that memory is sparked through initiation.

- We know that spirit is energy. And that energy does not die and cannot be destroyed. It simply transforms.

- We know that life is an eternal process of life/death/life. Why would this be any different for INI as spiritual beings? Why would we be limited to just one "go round"? It make natural sense to I that we reflect Creation Herself, therefore would also experience this Eternal Cycle of Life.

Anyhow, those are simply my Iditations. Give thanks for the inspiration and reasonings.

ONENESS

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/23/2016 9:02:25 AM

I feel like I should correct and add to my last post.. Within the Gita, a Higher place than the spiritual realm is described as the realm of the absolute. Where the name of the Lord is the same as the form of the Lord and is the same as the environment or habitation of the Lord. This realm is pure absolute oneness. This realm being the eternal throne of the supreme and the goal of I and I moving through the physical, into the spiritual and beyond as we evovle as souls..

RastaGoddess, good reasoning and questions..

I have been thinking about this recently and it basically comes down to my own experience and the tools I have been given to experience with. When people say 'old soul' I think of wisdom. This may not mean an age or number of times a soul has been on Earth because I feel that the soul is eternal, never aging just transforming.. I feel that people can have past life experiences but again, this may not mean that they literally remember another body in a another time but some sort of collective ancestral memory. As ALL life is one and emanating from the SOURCE, I life IS the life of ancestors transformed into my individual experience. I cannot say that this my ONLY life or that I have had many. I feel that I soul has always been, and currently is experiencing life as human on Earth. There may have been other lifes but I cannot be sure so I work to tune into and learn from this life that is certain.

Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/23/2016 9:04:14 AM

Hemphill Sent: 6/22/2016 5:21:21 PM

" I cannot remember ever choosing to experience this life and the lessons thereof. Also that idea kind of implies some aspect of reincarnation, which I have also never had remembrances or experiences of.."

I feel you bredren. I too do not have actual concrete recollections, however there are a few things that may give validity to that school of thought, or at least worth considering:

- Have you ever met someone, or heard the elders say that someone (usually a child) has an "old soul"? What do you think is meant by that?

- We use the French term "deja vu", meaning "already seen". I cannot explain this phenomenon other then exactly what it implies, and have felt this many times. A recollection of something once seen, which sometimes is felt to belong in another time or experience that couldn't have possibly been experienced in this life. How does one explain this?

- It is said that part of the purpose of divination and initiation rituals are for the spirit to remember. Remember what? Some say that initiation will reconnect you to the beginning of all things, from the Genesis of Creation to all your previous experiences/lessons/lives, and finally your purpose in this one, and your place in Creation.

- It is said that a "diviner" will speak to the returning ancestor waiting to be reborn within a pregnant woman. That ancestor/spirit will clearly communicate his/her purpose, which he/she will not typically remember until that memory is sparked through initiation.

- We know that spirit is energy. And that energy does not die and cannot be destroyed. It simply transforms.

- We know that life is an eternal process of life/death/life. Why would this be any different for INI as spiritual beings? Why would we be limited to just one "go round"? It make natural sense to I that we reflect Creation Herself, therefore would also experience this Eternal Cycle of Life.

Anyhow, those are simply my Iditations. Give thanks for the inspiration and reasonings.

ONENESS

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 50

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I