Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6567&start_row=11

The mystical/supernatural stories about HIM.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 6/20/2016 8:48:11 PM

Garvey I to understand Africa's History you must know the mystery

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/21/2016 9:01:31 AM

To understand that which is a mystery is somewhat of an oxymoron. If I overs then it not a mystery. I ancients show I nature is the be all and end all, no super nature al

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/21/2016 9:11:31 AM

Yes I fatrue deh

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/21/2016 9:48:15 AM

Perhaps "supernatural" as defined by babylon/Hollywood as some kinda hocus pocus is the real issue?

Some would misdefine Afrikan Sciences, Vodun, etc, as being part of the so-called "supernatural" world.

To an untrained mind, Alkhemy can be misdefined as "supernatural", simply because it is a mystery to them.

It is said that our ancestors had developed more natural means of long distance communications. Long before the the telephone, we used telepathy. For example, they'd know that Auntie would be travelling to our village and arriving within so any days. Is that "supernatural"?

Or what about the elders communicating with the pregnant woman's returning ancestor soon to be reborn?

These are natural abilities simply misdefined as supernatural to those who do not overs the "mysteries" of nature/neter.

I dare suggest that the ancient Kemetic Ancestors did not refer to our Spiritual Systems as "Mystery Schools", and instead was misdefined as such by invaders who had no overstanding or connection to Nature/Neter.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/21/2016 10:12:48 AM

Let us not forget that HIM was innitiated into the Ancient Kushite Masonic "Mysteries"...

Freemasonry: Ancient Afrikan/Kemetic/Egyptian communal way of life and being

By Dr. Kwame Nantambu

"...In addition, one must reject the misnomer that has been bandied about for untold centuries known as the "Mystery System" or the "Egyptian Mysteries." The fact of the matter is that if someone invents something, then how is that invention a mystery to the inventor? The invention is only a 'mystery' to the second-third party/onlooker/visitor/ outsider.

The ancient Kemites/Afrikans/Egyptians never called their system the "Mystery System." The Greeks (world's first Europeans) who went to Kemet to study at the Temple of Waset (world's first university) in the B.C. era called this Afrikan/Kemitic system the "Egyptian Mysteries" because it was a 'mystery' to them, not the Kemites..."

Dr. Kwame Nantambu

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/21/2016 10:37:12 AM

Yes RG!! I would say intuition is not super natural or above nature. Mystery and supernatural are words as you say which are only ever used by the outsider describing that which he is not accustomed to. The greeks called labelled it as mystery schools when in actual fact they were learning high sciences based on the observations of nature. For the idrins inna belief, think is 'god' nature or does god have control of and is independant of nature (super nature al)?

For me this is easy. Haile Selassie I ah InI. I am bound by the laws of nature as he is. If he wasnt, and could fly, talk to animal, be in five places at once, etc, and I could not then he would not be I. I do not look to glorify a Jesus character who could turn watsr to wine and perform all kinda super natural thing and we are told is without sin and born perfect etc. If this is true then your jesus isnt human.. Haile Selassie isnt Jesus. InI respond to the divine humanity seen natur-ally within HIM and HIM doesnt need to walk on water for millions of black people to rise up and recognise the same.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/21/2016 10:48:28 AM

ALWAYS COUNT ON RG and GA TO BLAZE THE FYAH RED HOT! Nuff love bredren and sistren on your reasonings, always shedding more and more light for InI to grow and reach Irie Its. However,although i give thanks for the direction in which it is going and i want it to continue, i just want us to finish about this ''mystical'' concept around HIM. Is there any real proof, any real reason to believe apart from hearsay?

More love,
Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/21/2016 10:50:39 AM

No iah it come from bible enthusiasts who revel in supernatural story. No proof. Muta talks of people being beaten and battered for asking what you are asking as the people who make up and believe these stories dont deal with proof, they would say your are questioning the divinity of Haile Selassie I.... 'you deny the power Haile Selassie?''

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/21/2016 10:54:28 AM

that is InI assumption as well.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/21/2016 11:02:47 AM

It can be hard for people (rasta) to read the bible and glory in it with all of its mystery and seeming super natural miraculous stories...... And then attest to Haile Selasse as the Almighty,or even as the returned Christ..... Without adding some form of supernatty miraclulous thing to his story too. You ivers? Doesnt fit too well. So rather than cite that bible miracle are not real or literal them instead just spice up his majesty story and now its a fit. Old testament and New testament full of supernatural. Now Rasta have fe dem own testament some cant do without adding the same ingredients as before (and same mistake)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I