Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6547&start_row=1

WE HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/6/2016 8:17:46 PM

Perhaps If I take your mind deep into the not-so-distant past, to the door-steps of great grandmothers, you will realize that YOU are the only chance that their story will ever be PROPERLY TOLD, because their voices were strangled and suffocated, and FROZEN IN TERRORIZED SILENCE….. until that day when their offspring would arise from ignorance and have the courage and consciousness to recognize that it is their historical responsibility to SPEAK UP to the centuries of injustice.

WHEN WE MAINTAIN THE SILENCE we are collaborating with the evil slave-master in strangling the voices of our fore-parents, and by keeping their story buried in the pit of forgetfulness WE ARE AGREEING WITH THE SLAVE-MASTER THAT THEY WERE BEASTS OF BURDEN NOT WORTHY OF BEING HEARD.

In a very real sense, in our dereliction of duty that springs from our miseducated ignorance, we have all been walking on the graves of our fore-parents with great contempt.

Perhaps now you will realize that SILENCE IS COMPLICITY.

So we all have a choice: either to lend a hand to the slave-master and jointly affirm that our grandparents were less than beasts, or rebel from the evil slave-master and bring our grand-parents' story to the light of day so that the world will constantly be reminded that justice is yet to be done. WHICH ONE WILL IT BE?
If the truth were really to be told, it will be realized that in this time ONE IS EITHER AN AGITATOR OR A PASSIVE COLLABORATOR.

It is typical of robbers to want to safeguard the wealth that has been gained from robbery, so that their posterity can rest comfortably without being challenged about the legitimacy of their stolen property.

And if they can they will use various deceptions to convince the victims of their crimes that the present is NOT connected to the past, and that they should not waste time digging it up.
No effort is spared to persuade crime victims that they are not really crime victims.

Especially in light of the fact that so much has been done to erase the past from Black memory, especially in light of the fact that so much has been done to make the present look like it exists in a vacuum, and especially in light of the fact that if crime victims do not realize that they are crime victims they are likely to blame their disadvantaged condition on their own intrinsic inferiority.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/7/2016 12:00:43 AM

So Iman saying the choice is either to be an agitator (agitating the white power shitstem) or to be a complicit partner to white power by remaining silent? I agree, but I am questioning what the I mean by agitator. Exactly which type of agitation should people be engaging in?
I don't want to see more Black youths end up in jail because they are deciding to agitate the shitstem. That's why reasoning and sharing information is our weapon in this time. Also, removing the Iself from babylon as much as possible, ceasing vaccinations and tell-lie-vision... although it might not be a loud agitation, the silent loss of money in their bank accounts will hurt them, the more people opt out, the better.
JAH Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/7/2016 5:32:53 AM

Yes king we can never forget to tell our story. No matter how many times we think we have gone over it think of the next generations. Reparations are a MUST. Go agitate brethren!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/7/2016 9:04:58 AM

Greetinz Ras! Welcome to this circle! Give t-ankhs for your revolutionary FIYAH! RASPECT for di powerful word sound.

To echo brothah Garveys: "yes, gwaan and agitate" Rasta!

Let us look at the definition of "agitate"

To make (someone) troubled or nervous.

Synonyms: upset, perturb, fluster, ruffle, disconcert, unnerve, disquiet, disturb, distress, unsettle, unhinge

Campaign to arouse public concern about an issue in the hope of prompting action.

synonyms: campaign, strive, battle, fight, struggle, push, press

Those definitions apply to a revolution/struggle.

I sight this in terms of energy. A spark.

A revolution can be expressed in poetry, spoken word, music and art. A thought can begin to "agitate" the mind/self into seeking answers which in turn lead to action. A single pebble can create great ripples.

"You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom." - Malcolm X

Afrika must be free
By any means necessary

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/7/2016 10:08:23 AM

good morning, jah child... agitation, here means ....just what it means, agitation.....how many meanings do you know agitation to have?, are you looking for a specific type agitation?...did u overstand the document clearly?...simply put....if one sit quietly and do nothing, one complies with the system and the people who have raped and pillaged the entire earth and its peoples, so therefore "agitate" here is being used to "upset" "to make uncomfortable" ect the comfort of our oppressors......furthermore may i suggest that you employ the use of a dictionary, here you may be able to find the answer you seek.
i hope that i have clarified to some small extent, your interest in the word agitate.

thanks
ras ravin-i

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/7/2016 10:31:19 AM

In defense of the sistren, whom you are just getting aquainted with, and who is quite eloquent, the term "agitate" can be misinterpreted as suggesting violence. If I overstand her wordsound correctly, her concern is for the outcome of a violent or aggressive move against babylon.

Everyone has a different view of revolution. Some use their pen as their weapon. Some, their words. Others may refuse to contribute their money into the system. Some choose to leave. Revolution can be expressed in a multitude of ways.

It is the implication of violence that can make some react with concern. Some are more comfortable with peaceful revolution. INI overstand that.

You have some that are more like Martin Luther King in their approach to revolution. And you have other warriors that are more Malcolm X in theirs.

Personally, though i respect all forms of revolutionary agitation, Im with the latter.

By ANY and ALL means necessary.

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/7/2016 10:54:47 AM

one will have to determine how and when to agitate, but we cannot and will not remain silent.
unfortunately, sometimes violence will become the method by which we secure our livity,

many of us have come thru a very violent past, ie oppression ect.
many of us will retaliate likewise, others will retaliate in different forms or employ different strategies, every battle has its own set of rules.

i am sure many of the i dem have read accounts of the "violence" that our elders and ancients have met along the way in this livity?

one thing though.....never expect a violent downpressor to give up or to surrender his ill gotten gains.

but in these days our people, our children are being dumbdowned with religious philosophy and colorful "rasta" antics and every thing under the sun to keep their minds distracted from the real mission in front or us.

what has been the "outcome" of the violent , aggressive move against African people and as a matter of fact all other black and brown people the world over?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/7/2016 11:08:30 AM

Well said Rasta. ASĚ;!

We are dealing with the MOST VIOLENT and MURDEROUS people EVER to walk the face of this earth, still soggy with the blood of our Ancestors and black and brown peoples, worldwide.

We have tried so many ways to deal with this beast. We've fought, killed, resisted, threw ourselves and our babies overboard rather then be enslaved, we have burnt down plantations, burned down Watts, L.A, we have rioted, prayed, marched, sang, gone on strike, created Black Star Liners, some have repatriated, protested, challenged laws, written, been peaceful, been violent, danced, beat our drums, created messages through music and art, inspired revolutions worldwide...WE HAVE AGITATED AND AGITATED FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS!

So I echo your question:

What has been the outcome?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/7/2016 11:10:15 AM

There has never been a bloodless revolution

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/7/2016 12:55:10 PM

the outcome, rasta godess......has been met with more violence against i n i....and there will be more as we confront the beast on its throne, as our brothers and sisters have done in the past and have left us a legacy of resistance, i am hoping that our children dont become sheep led to the slaughter by religious dogma and nonsensical rasta antics perpetuated on them by the now white-owned reggae industry and hippie "veganism" posing as "message" music and "ital" living.

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I