Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6545&start_row=1

Life Insurance - Smoker

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/6/2016 1:15:50 PM

For anybody looking for life insurance, Sun Life doesn't consider marijuana users smokers, as long as they don't also use tobacco.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/6/2016 2:01:16 PM

Seen!

I have a Great Aunt that lives in Massachusetts who recently recieved a 4, 000 dollar fine from the federal government via obama care for smoking.. Apparently she filed for obama care as a non-smoker, then was found out by a co-worker and reported for tobacco usage..

I and I 28 year brother recieved a 7, 000 dollar fine for not signing up for obama care. He eventually got the fine dropped because he 'has' insurance via the V.A..

I find it disgusting that goverment can federalize -- privatize -- the entire 'health care' market, set the price at what ever they want, usaully tripling premium prices --calling it the affordable care act -- and then fine people for not getting this 'mandated serVICE'..

Personally, I think that only through an open market with independent competitive prices, can people get the service that fits them best.. Shopping around the market until finding the best plan vs having no choice but to follow regulation and subsequent finning for not...

As far as 'Sun Life' not classifying GanJAH users as medically hazardous smokers, I think this is a step in the right direction.. How could something that is seen as medical by so many states still be federally illegal and dangerous? Burn babylon

MOST HIGH

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/7/2016 12:05:35 AM

Wow Hemphill, the coworker reported your aunt as a smoker? I didn't know we were there already, to the point where the people all around us are reporting as spies to the government our private activities. Is this not an infringement of the 4th amendment? Search/seizure of the cigarettes in her purse, or the tar in her lungs? Unless she gives that information to the government, then her right to privacy has been violated.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/7/2016 1:24:48 AM

She works as a nurse, somone saw her on a break and let the supervisors know.. If it wasnt for the work place being within health care I doubt anything would have happened, but yes.. Nanny state engaged. .

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/7/2016 1:31:58 AM

Seen Idren! That is absolutely pathetic. Who sees their co-worker smoking and even thinks to tattle tale to the supervisors? Is this person in daycare? Nanny state indeed...
But I thought Obamacare was supposed to be free? And I thought you can keep your doctor? Hmmmmmm

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I