Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6539&start_row=1

Thoughts on carbon dating and its credibility?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/2/2016 5:28:46 PM

Do you believe/agree with it or not, since there has been ''evidence'' of certain animals and species that were deemed to be extinct refuted later. is the world as old as they claim it is? Blessed love, Selassie I.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/2/2016 6:43:45 PM

"KHEM OR KAM means BLACK (melanin/carbon). KHEM-istry is the study of the building blocks of Life. Life is founded upon CARBON, the BLACK element present in all living matter. Black carbon atoms, with other atoms link to form Black Melanin, which has "Black-Hole" properties. Black Holes are found at the center of our own galaxy and countless others....

...It has been present since the creation of the Universe. This means that if we view this as a carrier of memory, it has experienced everything in creation since the very beginning. Blackness is fundamental to the operation of the universe of Energy. God is the Giver of All Energy: "Blackness" (not darkness) allows the perfect reception of all wavelengths of Energy." --Dr. Suzar

CARBON DATING / CHEIKH ANTA DIOP, THE "PHAROAH OF AFRIKAN STUDIES

Cheikh Anta Diop, the brilliant Black anthropologist, historian, and physicist was one of the most prominent and proficient Black scholars in the history of African civilization. His discoveries and deductions have shown the world the true accomplishments of African history, effectively put an end to the debate over who the original people of Egypt were, and pioneered techniques of scientific research – such as carbon dating as a means of dating artifacts and remains.

Dr. Diop was the Director of Radiocarbon Laboratory at the Fundamental Institute of Black Africa (IFAN) at the University of Dakar. He sat on numerous international scientific committees and achieved recognition as one of the leading historians, Egyptologists, linguists and anthropologists in the world. He traveled widely, lectured incessantly and was cited and quoted voluminously. He was regarded by many as the modern `pharaoh' of African studies.

DIOP AND CARBON DATING

CHEIKH ANTA DIOP

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/3/2016 5:40:15 AM

Give thanks RG. What are your thoughts on this, do you think the planet is millions of years old, the dinosaurs lived millions of years ago, Humans are only thousands of years old etc. ?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/4/2016 10:16:10 AM

I imagine that we are more ancient then the western world has taught. I'm no scientist, but based what the ancestors left for us, on my studies and my inner sense/intuition, we've been around MILLIONS of years. Aside from "Lucy's" skeleton, and other archeological finds, I know that our ancestors studied and recorded 26,000 year constilations/cycles. That alone, without relying solely on carbon dating and science, suggests our antiquity.

Dinosaurs? Well, they're bones would suggest they were here. I would imagine that back then, environmental conditions would have been condusive for larger animals. If you put a fish in a lager fish tank, it will grow larger then it would if it were sharing with alot of other fish, or by putting that one fish in a smaller tank. There are creatures today that resemble "pre-historic" (strange term) animals; iguanas, kimono dragons, etc. The idea doesn't seem so far fetched.

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/4/2016 4:32:06 PM

Agree RG, and i didn't question the very existence of dinosaurs, of course they existed, just the theory whether they really lived millions of years ago and before us, or did we live together?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/4/2016 9:01:30 PM

Hmmmm...

I couldn't say for sure, but it's said that there are ancient cave Art and drawings found in different parts of the world that would suggest that they may have

Cave Art from Kuwait

Ica Stones of Peru

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 6/4/2016 9:47:08 PM

My Goddess I must say d I keep the 🔥; blazin hott high and bright sometime I haffa trow on my Lokes 😎; lol

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/4/2016 10:29:22 PM

Yes Sistren, if it is indeed true that humans are millions of years into our journey as a species, then it would be impossible for humans and dinosaurs not to have existed at the same time! And crocodiles, alligators, sharks, kimono dragons, they are all living dinosaurs, existing simultaneously with us now. I agree with the I theory about earth conditions. As I sIght it, when the atmosphere was thicker, the plants were growing taller and so were all of the animals and creatures (because of the content of their breath? because their food was bigger?). The insects at that time were also much bigger. There are artifacts showing giant humans also, whether those are the typical size for the time or those are anomalous groups due to interbreeding of humans and gods (as Genesis and Enoch describe). So the crocodiles or sharks of that time were like the giant sea dinosaur that eats the monster at the end of the new Jurassic World movie. Even when I look at chickens, I see a tiny feathered dinosaur. I bet they have been around all this time too!
JAH seeker, sorry I do not have much information on carbon dating. I know people who argue vehemently that it is perfectly reliable, then I have also seen that radioactive exposure can change the carbon date of an item (so that even a walrus that is currently living can be carbon dated as thousands of years old). So to I&I it seems unreliable.
More Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/4/2016 11:04:35 PM

Please Google the Ica Stones of Peru. They are very well documented fakes. As in they were MADE in the 20th century. This even made it to their wiki page lol:

"From the 1960s Javier Cabrera Darquea collected and popularized the stones, obtaining many of them from a farmer named Basilio Uschuya. Uschuya, after claiming them to be real ancient artifacts, admitted to creating the carvings he had sold and said he produced a patina by baking the stone in cow dung."

Radiocarbon dating is suited for anything les than 50,000 years old. There are also various methods of dating besides carbon which scientist use to verify the estimated ages of things including the human race such as:

*Sclerochronology

*Varve-chronology

*Radiocarbon/Uranium Series/Etc. (many, many dating techniques in this group)

*Cosmogenic Isotopes

*Fission Track Dating

*Thermo-luminescence and Optically Stimulated Luminescence and Infrared Simulated Luminescence

*Amino-Acid Racemization

*Obsidian Hydration and Tephra Hydration

*Rock-varnish cation ratio and development

*Lichenometry

*Soil chemistry chronology and soil profile development

*Rock and mineral weathering

*Scarp Morphology

*Depositional and deformational layering (seasonal layers in ice sheets, for example)

*Geomorphic position

*Calcium Carbonate dating

*Stratigraphy

*Paleomagnetism

*Tephrachronology

*Paleontology (huge field)

*Stable Isotopes dating (whole ton here)

*Tectites and microtectites

*And of course human historical records

"Radiocarbon gets a lot of press, but is not used nearly as often as most laymen will tend to think it is."

Re: Humans. Take one example like stratigraphy, no modern human fossils have ever been found past the 300,000 year strata or layer. This is the first clue that man and dino didnt live togeher - dino fossils are always found way deeper.

For the skeptical I dem who dont believe anything scientific - you acknowledge the fact the earth itself is much older than humanity?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/5/2016 12:49:19 AM

LOL breddah VDR! Nice shades! 😉;;

Give thankhs for the edification breddah Garveys. Like I said, this isn't an area of expertise for I. As always, nuff RASPECT unto di I for setting the record straight

I imagine that earth predates humans, yes. First the environment must be made habitable for life to create/evolve.

I'm with Sistah JAH CHILD on the subject of early environment producing larger creatures. It kinda just makes sense. And unless given information to contradict it, I can't see why humans wouldn't have co-existed at some point.

Anyone have any reasonings to share that would nullify this assumption?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 23

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I