Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6538&start_row=1

New to di Rasta Livity (Questions)

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress_kiyah Sent: 6/2/2016 9:54:13 AM

Good morning! I have been doing a lot of research and praying and meditation and I am ready to embrace the Rasta lifestyle. I "patois/patwah" is not good as I have been practicing so I am typing this as I "normally" speak. I am American and currently live in Missouri. I wish I was in Jamaica but nothing I can do as of now. I have bought Empress Yuajah's book "Life As A Rasta Woman" and I was wondering.... Do all Rasta women believe in no shaving? I must admit I am ready to abide by every ting else a Empress is to be but shaving sort of took I by surprise. Also, what is your take on "cheese"? Just wanted some insight takes for reading!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/2/2016 11:47:36 AM

Greetings Empress Kiyah,

There are higher heights to INI ancient trod then the external expressions of RasTafari. Yes, most of us are crowned with Nubian locs, and most of us eat and live clean. Most of us wear cultural attire. These are indeed a part of InI livity.

But more importantly there is a deep history to be overstood and honored. There are ancient cosmological truth to be learned.

The spiritual, cultural and historical aspects transcend the external expressions, such as the debate over tattoos, shaving, length of skirt, shoulders exposed, etc...

It is first and foremost a spiritual journey between you and the Most High.

Selassie I

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/2/2016 12:25:20 PM

Greetings and Welcome Sister!

Don't worry about trying to adopt a foreign way of speaking or typing. If you start to use Iyaric eventually it should surely be a natural manIfestation of thinking in terms of the I&I.

Which part of Missouri are you in? I know of one sister in the same state too, would be nice to see if the I's can link up.

I am not familiar with the book you mentioned, but as far as no shaving, it is up to you personally. Some Rastaman even cut their locks and keep a short haircut, so who is to say if a Rastawomban can shave or not? But someday you may see the shaving issue differently... if you look closely enough into it, shaving opens you up to many types of infections. It also makes you a slave to whatever brand of razor blades you are buying, unless you make your own razors? Hair is a valuable part of the body and someday you might be able to accept your own body's hair, but til then no one is going to force you to stop shaving.

About cheese: it is not Ital. Human breast milk is meant for human infants, and beyond infancy mammals do not need milk or any milk product from any species of animal, especially not their own. Dairy in general makes the adult body produce excess mucous, this is why your throat usually feels thick and slimy after drinking milk. Cheese is not even vegetarian in most cases because the process for making cheese often includes rennet from animal parts. See the reasoning Ital Cooking when Garveys Africa shared about this lesser known issue with cheese. That being said it is still up to you if you are going to eat cheese. I suggest replacing cheese cravings with fatty Ital foods like cashew butter or avocado.

Just wondering, why are you wishing you were in Jamaica? What would you do if you were there?

JAH Love, hope to see more of the I reasonings

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/2/2016 12:26:44 PM

True Reasoning Ras Goddess, give thAnkhs + more Love

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 6/2/2016 1:26:12 PM

Blessed love hon. Empress Kiyah, the I (=you) already got some good answers in this reasoning from the sistren, but I would like to add, and remember ones of, Holy Emmanuel I words - TAKE TIME TO BE HOLY - it is not an over-night thing, it's a life long journey and trod. So if the I still feel like shaving certain parts of the I Goody (body) well just do it. Do what feels right to the I self. And as far as eating cheese, just go ahead and continue to eat cheese for a while (by the way, I think you could buy "vegan" cheese too..made from something else than animal milk) eventually the I will cut out cheese from the foods the I consume. But just ease into it, many stop eating animal flesh first, then stop eating seafood, then stop eating animal by products (such as milk, cheese etc.) and eventually you are "vegan" and eating only ital food. But the I don't have to rush it. It is a process.

And as far as speaking "patois" go, the I do not have to adopt this accent/language to be a Rasta, remember what the Prophet Marcus Garvey said about languages and speaking!

And I would also like to add, when it comes to buying books, a MUST HAVE is the Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey!

Another book of paramount importance to Ras Tafari livity is the BLACK SUPREMACY IN RIGHTEOUSNESS OF SALVATION book, since the I do not have any Rasta where the I lives, it can be ordered from https://boboshantiworks.wordpress.com/other-items/books-20/

Another good book to read is this one; Deliver us from evil,

the I can download/read that book here: http://downloadplaza.dutchrasta.nl/Boeken/DeliverUsFromEvil.pdf

Blessed heart of Love. JAH guide and protect.

Messenger: empress_kiyah Sent: 6/2/2016 5:57:23 PM

Thank you everyone for your advice. I dream to go to Jamaica since that is the closet thing to Africa that I can affordable go to soon. Thank you everyone! I was under the impression I had to accept all of the "rules" to be considered Holy. I have become a lacto-pescetarian. I currently use milk products, and eat fish but I do not drink milk or eat any other meat. Thank you again everyone for giving I a little more insight than I have already received. I will definitely read those books so I can be more knowlegable. I just feel like so much of America is ignorant to the TRUTH and for the first time in my life I feel like I have found my truth within Rastafari and I absolutely love I life. Oh by the way, I live in Kansas City.

JAH BLESS!!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/2/2016 6:23:56 PM

Beautiful word sound brothah Black and sis JAH CHILD!

I love that both di I's expressed the patience, freedom and process of INI livity!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/2/2016 8:34:08 PM

Kansas City!?

Greetings empress_kiyah!

It truly is beautiful to see that even in the middle of babylon Ras Tafari is growing!! I was born and raised in central Kansas in a small town called Salina.. The intersection of the two biggest highways in amerikkka.. I-70 (east - west) and I-35 (north -south).. Because of this intersection, Salina is flooded with drugs of all kinds.. Because of the drug traffic, Salina is saturated with police.. Only by the grace of Jah was I able to SEE and steer clear of trouble and eventually move away.. While in KS, I saw many people get caught up for GanJAH and put into 'corrections' having a curfew and regular drug screenings.. GanJAH stays in the body for a while and is easily detected; too many times I saw people turn to smoking meth because it gets out of the system very quickly and is easier to 'get away with' than GanJah while on probation.. Yes, a truly vicious cycle.. Of course not all of Kansas is like this but the prevailing mindset is one of ignorance as the I say.. How great is it that Jah find people that will LISTEN even in a such a land..

As far as the Livity of Ras Tafari goes, it can be quite difficult to link up with ones and ones who Trod in Kansas.. This site is a great place to learn and communicate with Kings and Queens of Ras Tafari!! Personally, coming from KS and being utterly isolated from Ras Tafari, I have a very inward connection to Jah and do what feels right. It is true the way Black Christ Salvation say: 'its not an over-night thing'. I started from babylon indoctrinated and slowly turned it around. Learning and growing towards H.I.M Jah Ras Tafari over the past 5 years has Completely changed my life!! From meat eating bald head to vegan locksman and growing!! The power of Jah is infinite and within us ALWAYS!! Listen to the Iself and grow I and I and I connection!!

Most High Jah Ras Tafari!!
Love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/3/2016 4:56:25 AM

Love and Honor All
Empress Kiyah, what kind of work do you do? I am curious what your plan is for when you get to Jamaica. Glad to hear that you are now down to only a few types of animal products. How is that going for you? Do you feel healthier? Are you finding it easy to get enough nutrients? Your journey of purifying your life is just beginning... the more you walk that path, the easier it becomes to leave behind more and more of the old habits and embrace a clean Livity. I second and third that comment about it taking some time, each one has a different pace too.
Sistren Twisha if da I read these comments, not sure if the I close to the Empress Kiyah at all there in Kansas City?
More Inity

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/3/2016 10:46:28 AM

I lived in St. Louis "Misery" for about 4 years. Man....I was never so culturally STARVED in I life!!!!! LOL

In those years, I came across a grand total of TWO Rasta Idren. In fact, I came across more Rasta in Switzerland (yes, Switzerland!) then I did in Missouri.

Aside from the lack of kulcha, I DESPISED the cold winters and sweltering humidity in the summer. I left right before the whole Ferguson riots. I must admit, I was surprised to see black folks there stand up and revolt against racism, as I found INI people there to be one of the most complacent and passive when it comes to Afrikan consciousness.

And the Ganja there? Pure folly. Dirt weed, as we call it. So between the lack of kulcha and nasty herb...

I am THRILLED to be forward in Cali!

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I