Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6536&start_row=1

Commercial natural tea, yes or no?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 6/1/2016 3:51:47 PM

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/2/2016 12:35:52 PM

Haile I
There is one locally grown and packaged brand that I used to buy in San Diego (I think the farm is in Baja California), but other than that, I do not buy packaged tea. I will buy the loose dried herbs from an organic source or I will harvest the herbs Iself. I tend not to drink actual Tea tea, just herbal teas, so I find enough natural foliage around. Ginger, cinnamon, garlic, nettle, cerasse, mint, lemon peel, and dandelion are some favorites. Haha not necessarily together tho...
Happy brewing =)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/5/2016 7:45:26 AM

Very nice list Jah Child. Add in some fever grass tea and we good to start the morning sa

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/5/2016 9:51:27 AM

Yes I, more things I&I forgot too! Echinacea, cramp bark (great for the womban moontime), GANJAH tea let's not forget! Eucalyptus leaves are great too. Lemon grass, sorrel. I drink many different types of tea! Garvey I the I should feel partially responsible for Iwomban not drinking coffee anymore =)

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/5/2016 10:17:11 AM

I'm a coffee lover...I admit!

Sis, tell I that you at least tried a little Ethiopian traditional coffee!

Messenger: Emanuel Rastafari Sent: 6/5/2016 11:04:36 AM

where, and what's the price ?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/5/2016 11:37:12 AM

Haha thats good. Cant say i recall that exact reasoning but I stay away from coffee for some years now glad to hear it work for de I also. I wonder how much its missed now given InI knowledge of traditional teas ;)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/5/2016 10:52:44 PM

Love All
Yes Goddess I learned to make the Buna, from roasting the beans on the fire, crushing the beans with the metal rod, all the way to pouring the cup, mixing the salt with the buna, putting a sprig of teynadam (a fragrant green herb that makes a strongly internal cleansing tea on its own!) on the side. When I made the buna for the first time I tried about three sips of it, just for the taste, but honestly, no I don't miss the coffee at all! Don't miss that drained and dehydrated feeling after the caffeine wears off. Red Clover Blossoms, Damiana, Red Raspberry Leaf, Thyme... More shai please =)
By the way RastaGoddess, if the I looking for the energy kick without the caffeine, try maca root powder! The I can find it easily at Sprouts or Whole Foods. Mix a Tbsp in with smoothies =)

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/6/2016 12:11:25 AM

I'll definitely try it! Give thankhs!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/23/2016 2:54:03 PM

Amongst de cormecial roibos is vital. I man sometimes use it to wash I crown & body. In de wild deh some different plant leaves dat I man use as tea. Fo coffea I man use de velvet bean which I also use fo baking.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I