Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6533&start_row=1

Ital

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: 702 Rastafari Sent: 6/1/2016 12:20:13 AM

I am trying to go Ital. Does anybody have any tips for doing so? Such as what to avoid, and links to sites for recipes.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/1/2016 7:07:53 AM

Haile I
I think the answer to what to avoid is pretty clear: anything that is not Ital.
I don't have any links to recipes, but you can search this site for threads discussing Ital foods. Ital food doesn't have to be complicated, just use natural and healthy ingredients.
First I would start with ceasing alcohol and salt completely, processed or bleached foods, anything with GMO ingredients, and all meat and egg and milk products. The cleansing can start once the body is not having to digest these toxins and the body sometimes becomes tired after the trapped toxins are coming out of the organs (flooding the bloodstream) and then making their final exit from the body. After the one month point this fatigue usually ends as long as the person is eating enough fats like avocado, olives, and nuts (which digest slowly, giving the body a slow-burn of constant energy).
Recipes are going to depend on what you can find. It is best to grow your own fruits and vegetables or to buy organic local ones when they are in season. Many health food stores will label their local produce so you can look out for that if you don't have farmers markets in your town.
I think there may be some controversy in the vegan world about eating grains and beans, especially with all of the raw food and gluten free food trends. But I still follow the traditional vegan rule about mixing grains and peas to get a full range of amino acids. Some awesome grains to try are quinoa, teff, black japanese rice (sometimes called japonica or forbidden rice), wild black rice, and kamut.
JAH Love + Guidance

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/5/2016 7:41:58 AM

Do your own thing and dont end up a Sebi recipe sheep. Good luck iah

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 6/5/2016 4:58:47 PM

Blessed love.

Eat FRUITS, VEGETABLES, NUTS and from time to time cook a nice Ital stew. Season well.

Avoid salt.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/6/2016 12:20:05 AM

Simple and true. Nice comments Idrens.

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/7/2016 10:40:56 AM

ises....
if i may add my "two cents" for whatever its worth,

ital has a very simple meaning: to eat naturally.

in the old days ital was this, food from the ground cooked in a yaba (clay pot)...it was all natural non- processed food, nothing came from the shops, salt was eliminated and coconut was added,...thats it, that was always it.
these days however....ital seems to have taken on a different set of rules, with the influx of the so called "vegan" philosophy, many rastas have abandoned the ital livity for a so-called vegan diet.

veganisn was developed by mega farm establishment to sell their so called non-gmo food,these asre the same people who experiment with gmo foods and these are the same people who own the pharmaceutical companies ect....perhaps another time we will go into that.

many of the so-called "ital" foods are in fact not ital.

ital is a specific way to prepare Rasta diet...it does not include things like tofu and tofu chunks, and things like that.

in other words it simply means eat naturally.....i am not going to tell you what to consider "natural" or how you should eat, or what exactly to eat.....the reason for this is called "gaining experience"

thank you for reading....

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/8/2016 6:56:14 AM

Yes I brother. It is true dat not all vegan is ital but ital is vegan. So de easy way to explain ital to de people of de west is to tel dem about unprocessed natural vegan diet. De vegan way is de way to ital livity. Once yu are an italist yu already a vegan, offcourse bein a vegan doesn't necessary mean one is an italist. If yu simply say ital is natural food then yu will get de stereotypes like Jah seeker who will tell yu dat flesh is ital. Some people consider meat to be natural so when yu tell dem ital is natural food they think a chicken raised under natural conditions is ital yet dat is actualy not true. I man think de explaination of ital dat sista Jah child has given is clear & good fo ones & ones who are new to de livity. Even de explaination dat de I has given (unprocessed food from de ground) is also ilahful as a supplement to de sista's explaination. Now de I may have a problem with de word vegan as yu have mentioned about who invented it but I must seh dat de concept of true vegetarian life is ancient livity itself. One Black Love still

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/8/2016 8:13:16 AM

and what is it that makes you think i am "new" to the livity?....it will most certainly take more than a paragraph to explain why and how the so called "vegan" lifestyle came about in this time and to understand it's purpose today.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 6/8/2016 9:51:43 AM

Brother. I didn't say yu new to livity. De person who started dis thread is de one who said to be new to livity & is de one dat seek de proper explaination of what ital is. Dats why I say fo de sake of de rising warrior who dwell in de west where many people already know what a vegan diet is then I find it proper to use de vegan diet in de eplaination of ital diet. Dat way it becomes very easy fo de person to overstand what ital is. From what I know vegan diet is simply vegetarian diet with no animal products. Ital diet is also vegetarian diet with no animal products. Offcourse I & I know dat ital diet deals with natural plant ingredients. No one has disputed dat and I realy can't overs why de I wan't to create an unecessary fuss over such a petty issue. I man nah know how de word vegan came about but I'm just using de defination of de word dat I know. Maybe I man got misinformation about vegan diet, if dat is de case de I can give I man de irie info still I man go appreciate it, fo I man is always ready to learn & get de right info from anyone. One Black Love

Messenger: ras ravin-i Sent: 6/8/2016 10:29:27 AM

i do apologize for my misunderstanding of the "new" ....anyway, as concerning the so-called vegan diet we must first establish that we have studied the workings of the system of governance in the world.

a fair amount of historical/cultural data must be had in as far as of behavior of what is deemed "oppressor" i am sure you already know /have this data well revised and learned.

knowing where we have come from and our cultural habits will have to be discussed and just how and why we now refer to our eating habits as vegan.

yes, i do overs that the basis for it is plant based and all that, however, as Rastafari we have an already designed and tested set of eating rules. Do you believe that environment can influence your decisions? do you also believe that you can be manipulated into believing that two things that are different can be made to look alike?

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I