Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6524&start_row=1

TRUE MEANING OF THE COUNTRY NAMED BELIZE

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/24/2016 12:53:49 AM

Some say the origin of the word Belize lies in mystery with so much different etymologies. This short essay is to search out the True Esoteric meaning of the word "Belize", both from a physical and Metaphysical perspective. Nevertheless, the hidden secret lies within the Science called "Inspiration" which rides upon the finer particle of the air (Ether), and it is upon this element the Word of God is found when inhaled by the recipient.

Belize is located in Central America, the heartland of the Mayan, which was also apart of the Olmec Empire as some of it's ruins predates the Mayan. There is also a town named Belize in the Angola province of Cabinda located in Africa. It is said that some of the slaves who were brought to the West Indies and then to Belize originated from West Africa, from Senegal to Angola - the ancient kingdom of Kongo once ruled by Queen Nyabinghi and produced such mystics as Simeon Toko, a Christ like figure, and Cheikh Ahmadou Bamba the Sufist.

The first Prime Minister of Belize, George Price, stated that Belize came from the Mayan word 'Belikin' meaning "road to the east." This is in regards to the Mayan word 'Kin' which means Day or Sun and the Sun rise in the east; hence, "Road where the Sun is born" i.e to the east. Note: The Mayan "Kin" has the same meaning as the ancient Egyptian word for the god Heru or Har (Day or Sun) representing Light. We need to keep in mind these cultures were connected as Zachariah Sitchin the Jewish Scholar purported from translating the Cuneiform Tablets of Ancient Sumer that the God Ningishzidda, called Thoth in Egypt, left with some of his followers and came to Central America where he became known as Quetzalcoatl and they were called Olmec by the Aztec, meaning 'rubber people'.

Also the Mayan of Yucatan called the Female shaman priest "X-men" (She who is wise) and the male were called "H-men" (He who is wise). These were the wise men and healers of the community, and even where the Popular cartoons known as X-men and He-man got their inspiration from.

In the Bible we read the story of the 3 wise men who followed the star to the east that led to the manger in Bethlehem. The strange thing is this story is quite similar to the meaning of the names Belize and Belikin. You see the "way of the wise men (Belize)" was to follow the "Star (Sun) in the east (Belikin)". Note: the pronunciation and spelling of BETH-LE-HEM is kinda similar to BE-LI-KIN because Bethlehem is pronounced 'bayth-leh-khem' meaning "House of Bread" but more correctly it should be "HOUSE OF KHAM" i.e. the ancient name for Egypt, which was Khem or Kemet. However since we know the original script came from the stars (Astro-Theology), the story of the 3 wise men represent the 3 stars in Orion's belt that point to the Star in the east, Sirius.

Since Belize gained it's independence on September 21st 1981, the day sign of Belize in Mayan Astrological chart would be "Kame" (Yucatec: Cimi) and it's the 6th day sign meaning Death (or Transformer) but in the sense of Transformation into the Eternal Now! In ancient Egypt the dung beetle 'Khepri' means "To Transform" and he was known as the manifestation of the rising sun hence, Belikin rendered as Road where the Sun is born representing a new day or resurrection. The word Death comes from the Egyptian name for the underworld called Duat. Its also important to note that the word "Kame" is the name of ancient Egypt known as Kham, Khem, Kamau, Kame, or Kemet which means "Bland Land" and referred to the dark color of the muddy soil at the annual flooding of the river Nile. Coincidentally, Belize is also said to mean "muddy water" named after the Belize River, due to the heavy rain that swells the river.

In regards to legend, a Scottish buccaneers named Peter Wallace whose name was corrupted from Wallace to "Ballis" by the Spanish and that eventually became the name of the Belize River as early as 1638. However in the end this was proven to be just an old myth.

Few are aware that the word Belize has a very mysterious etymology. The root word comes from Bel-ix, pronounced 'bel-ish' or 'bel-eesh' in Yucatec and Nahualt meaning "road or way of the jaguar". 'Bel' or 'Bal' means road, way, path, passageway denoting a "DOOR or DOORWAY" etc. and like the word 'Balam' in Yucatec, 'IX' is also another word for "Jaguar". The Water-lily Jaguar Moon Goddess holds the Mayan glyph "Ix", the sign in the Cholq'ij Calendar which means "Jaguar". It is written 'Ix' in the Yucatec language and in Nahuatl, it is 'Ocelotl'. IX is the jaguar that signifies feminine and feline energy which carry the same energy as the Lion in Africa and Tiger in Asia. The Jaguar also represent the "chilam balam" in Yucatec known as the Jaguar shaman priests, who originally were the Olmec Jaguar Gods and Goddesses such as Ixchel etc. The word 'Ish' however in Hebrew means "Man" (pronounce as 'eesh') but in Sanskrit it means 'God' and is another name for the god Shiva as Ish and Isa. It is also said Belize could be a Sanskrit word derived from 'Bel-isha' since Belize is a composite Sanskrit word: Bala means “facing the east, Young, Strength, Newly which is Another Name For The Risen Sun.” Hence, Belize does face east to the Caribbean sea. The second syllable appears to be derived from “Isha or Isa” (God Shiva). Therefore, Belize means in Sanskrit “The Rising Sun of Shiva or Eastern Shiva. This definition is in regards to the 5 faces of Shiva symbolizing the five elements. The Eastern Face of Shiva (Belisha) is called TATPURUSHA (the Supreme Man) associated with the color yellow or gold.This face represents the Par-atman or Supreme Soul behind the physical being.

Note: The name Jesus in Arabic was also known as Isa. Also in 19th century writer, Edward P. Vining, suggested that the name “Guatemala” was really “ Gautamatlan,” the land of Gautama Buddha from India.
The Sumerian/Akkadian diety Marduk was later known as 'Bel and Bal' a name derived from the Semitic word baal, or “lord" and Ish also meant Lord in Akkadian. So Bel-ish would be rendered in Akkadian as 'Lord Marduk' or 'Lord of Lords'. The Babylonian also called the Sumerian Planet Nibiru as Planet Marduk.

The true meaning of the word Belize in the Mayan language would mean "The Way of the Shaman Priests" or "The Doorway to the Gods" i.e 'Entrances or Passageways to the underworld' called Xibalba or Xibalba be, meaning "Place of fear (Tafari)"; Hence the name Belize would rendered as the "gateway to the underworld" where shamans are initiated and transformed into god like beings; For the "way of the gods" is for one to go within the inner cave of the subconscious mind via the doorway of the 1st eye and ascend into the spiritual astral plane uniting with your cosmic self. On the the terrestrial plane this represent the subterranean worlds, and Belize have thousands of Mayan ceremonial caves and Waterfall Caves such as Actun Tunichil Muknal being one of the most famous attraction among tourist. The ancient Maya believe caves are Portals to the underworld, Xibalba where the gods reside. http://www.destinationsbelize.com/tours-and-attractions/belize-caving.html

Now this explained why our national anthem was first called "Land of the Gods" by Samuel Alfred Haynes who was also apart of the the UNIA and a good friend of Marcus Garvey. Haynes facilitated the visit of Garvey in Belize and was credited of writing our National Anthem. The song was originally titled "Land of the Gods" which later became "Land of the Free", due to sensitivity that the word 'Gods' could be interpreted as unchristian, the word 'Gods' was replaced throughout the lyrics by the word 'Free'.

Keep also in mind there is the amazing Teotihuacan which means "City of the Gods" located in Mexico.
Even the most famous CRYSTAL SKULL was allegedly discovered by Anna Mitchell-Hedges (adopted daughter of mitchell hedges) in the ancient Mayan city of Lubaantun, Belize in 1924 or 1927. Note: Lubaantun is a megalithic city that is Pre-Mayan and predates them as well. So this city belongs to the older culture of the Olmec as some of the figurines and artifacts found there are stylized as being Olmecan in appearance.

https://gyazo.com/1481d3397071907b79ebd097075f2d43

In addition to being a place of Fear (its actually a 'place of awe and peace' like Shambhala which sound quite similar to the pronunciation of Xibalba, 'Shee-bal-ba'), the Maya believed that caves were places where souls could defeat death and become revered ancestors, making caves important places for burials and sacrifices. Caves also provide a venue for speaking with spirits to learn the right time for agricultural practices such as when to plant corn and burn the fields. Therefore, for the Maya, caves were spiritual places in addition to being places of fear and death, making caves the perfect place for ceremonial rites and rituals. In fact, almost all known caves in Belize functioned as Maya ceremonial caves. However, only a few living Maya ever visited the caves, and only then to perform the necessary rites and rituals on ledges within the caves.

The Mayan word IX is the roman number of 9 and 9 represent completion or the 9 lords of Xibalba.

In the Bible we read of the Tower of Babel known as Babylon meaning "Gateway of or to the Gods" and where mankind tried to reach heaven. However, the word Babylon in its true essence was a inter-dimensional portal to the Stars and other worlds.

The Olmec Mayan concept of 'Xibalba' was known to the ancient Egyptian as "Duat" and "Amenti" but its Entrances or Passageways was called "Rostau, Restau or Rasta" like the word Rasta man. The entire Giza Plateau was originally called "Rasta", referring to the deepest section of the Duat or underworld.
Rasta means in ancient egypt the "mouth of the passages" which are the underground tunnels beneath the Giza Plateau and shafts of the Pyramids that leads to the stars.

One can perceive by definition that these words (Rasta, Belize, and Babylon) are all related and in its purest understanding represented the entrances to the Duat/Xibalba, the 'underworld journey' of initiation. It is the crossroads. Ones must understand with clarity the extent of their power to choose. In the House of Rasta they find their guide, most often portrayed as Anubis or the lords of Xibalba to the Mayan. It is not possible to proceed without help. This is an idea many do not like. So they stay spinning at the crossroads for a long, long time. It is a place of darkness, and the loss of everything comforting and familiar. One must be willing to be stripped. Only then will they hear the voice coming out of the darkness to lead them on.

"Rasta from the ancient point of view is a state of consciousness. When our ancestors said they wished to enter the house of Rasta, they were speaking in relation to that exalted spiritual state where one attains wisdom.

Rastau spiritually symbolizes astral projection or portals between worlds as Osiris was called the Lord of Rasta and Ruler of the Underworld. Within the cosmos this can be seen as the Galactic Bulge within the black hold which is located along the dark rift of the milky way (at the center of the black hole is a tightly packed group of bright stars that makes up the galactic bulge). However, within man Rastau and Belix (Belize) can be seen as the Medulla Oblongata (The Mouth of God in Greek) and the Pineal Gland where the soul reside. For it is said the 1st eye is the doorway to universe and the eyes are windows to the soul.

Now lets take a look at how Monks and Hermits utilized caves to top into their subconscious mind (Xibalba) and achieve enlightenment. Excerpt from the book "ABBA KEDDUS 'RASTAFARI AND THE RETURN OF OUR SACRED ORIGINS" By Tyson Brown:

"There is an abundant source of research material that explores the shamanic cave art of our distant ancestors. It is clear that cave dwelling played an important role in our early history. It is a worldwide phenomenon that caves have been viewed as intensely spiritual places that were connected to the 'underworld' among many different cultures throughout the ages. In this book, we are approaching the cave dwellers as early humans partaking in ascetic behavior in their pursuit of knowledge. As primordial mystics who left the family, kin and community to wonder alone into nature, the more time they spent isolated in caves, the more they ascended to higher states of consciousness and transformed their bodies, mind, spirit.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/24/2016 11:21:29 AM

Lovely! Give thankhs for sharing a piece of Kushite/Maya/Olmek OUR-story! Beautiful!

Below is the link to the picture di I posted. I also took the liberty of sharing some visuals of Afro Belize, the Garufuna, etc...

OLMEC SPACE MEN

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/24/2016 12:21:28 PM

Thank you Goddess!

Belize like most country in the Caribbean, even though we are in Central America, is very beautiful! One most visit the Mayan ruins/culture, Garinagu people, and explore the country from top to bottom including the many caye/islands to get it's complete ambiance.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/24/2016 12:35:15 PM

Mi Wan smoke a nice Kush spliff on top of dem ancient kushite/Mayan pyramids...while giving kushite libations unto INI Kushite ancestors...next one spliff for the water caves dem, and definitely another one while eating good food and jamming to Punta muzik!

Ah so we dweet!

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/24/2016 12:48:56 PM

Hahaha Yes I! Full the sanctuary up with burning incense.

Now that you'd mention it I must go to the Mayan Pyramids for some Ises! Seen...

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/24/2016 1:01:54 PM

I want to share a dream with the I that I had many many years ago but I'm not sure what to think of it...

You see in this vision I was at an old friend of mine house and we were watching "Legend the best of Bob Marley and the wailers" but when I went outside It seem like a house party was taken place in the front yard. However, as I step outside the MC on the mic told the DJ to stop the music because he wanted to make an announcement. Now while the people at the party gathered around us the MC said to me, "congratulation you are the 3rd person" and the crowd was applauding, cheering and making nose in celebration but I was confuse didn't know what this meant. Anyways after the announcement was made the party resumed but strangely I saw Selassie standing beside the DJ booth all dress in his military khaki uniform with a cape upon his back and hat upon his head. So I went up to the King and told him with a joyous look upon my face, "I'm the 3rd person!" and he replied "well start to prophesy" and then the King began to dance as if he was in a trance (nyabinghi), moving just like Bob at the "One Love Peace Concert" when he'd performed jamming.

Bless

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/24/2016 3:40:02 PM

Lawd have mercy! Next time you go to the pyramids to give Izes, PLEASE send I love and greetings!

Regarding di I's dream...

As a wise man once told me “only the dreamer can truly interpret his or her dream” :)

First thing that come to mind is Bob and the number 3:

The I-threes, Three Little Birds, 3 o’clock Roadblock! And they shot Bob on Dec 3rd.

Siriusly though…

It is said that: Three is a moving forward of energy, overcoming duality, expression, manifestation and synthesis

The symbol of three is the triangle

The opening line of the Emerald Tablets of Tehuti:

Tablet 11

Three is the mystery, come from the great one,
Hear, and light on thee will dawn.
In the primeval dwell three unities,
Other than these none can exist.
These are the equilibrium, source of creation,
One God, One Truth, One Point of Freedom.
Three come forth from the three of the balance,
All Life, all Good, all Power.
Three are the qualities of God in his light-home
Infinite Power, Infinite Wisdom, Infinite Love.
Three are the circles (or states) of Existence:
The Circle of Light where dwells nothing but God,
and only God can traverse it,
The Circle of Chaos where all things by nature arise from Death,
The Circle of Awareness where all things spring from Life.
All things animate are of three states of existence,
Chaos or death, liberty in humanity, and felicity of Heaven.

It may or may not relate. Sometimes another's perception/angle may spark a thought...or memory...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2016 4:08:29 PM

So much herb smoking in here I must join.

Mi wa smoke a high grade spliff at the next Jah Shaka dance!

Ima read over this thread when I get a good time spare. Give thanks for sharing bredda, more carribean history more black history more InI. Strength

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/24/2016 4:13:00 PM

You had me with "As a wise man once told me" haha... and I will for sure send some spiritual smoke your way :)

The help of your interpretation lead me to Thoth (Tehuti)

It seem everything in this dream screams the name or energy of the God of Wisdom, Thoth, knowing he is the same Quetzalcoatl in Central America or Hermes Trismegistus for the Greeks.

"if you listen carefully now you will hear" - Marley

The 3rd person singular is "he, she, it" etc. and in Hebrew the word "HU" means the same thing - He, she, it. Hence, "You are the 3rd person or You are He or You are Hu"

In Kamet it is said that HU is the "Word of God", and who is the word of the gods (Ptah) save Thoth- maatkheru (Quetzalcoatl to the Mayan).

Meaning of Tehuti
From the linguistic view point there is another possibility. The m-/t- pronominal pattern is observed in the proto languages of the Indo-European and Uralic families. The m-/t- pronominal pattern refers to me “I”, te “you”. In these languages te and its variants refer to the second-person “you”. In the Indo-European languages there is a pattern where suffixes are added to the verbal roots to express the first three persons. In Sanskrit, for example, bhara-mi “I carry”, bhara-si “you carry”, bhara-ti “he carries”. If HU is a verbal root, then ti is referring to the third person. If Tehuti is a Proto-Indo-European name then Te-hu-ti means You-HU-He, “you are HU, you are He”

In Hebrew the word Naba means 'to Prophesy' and its derived from Nabi meaning Prophet. Both these Hebraic words are related to the Babylonian scribe "Nabu". Now if we change the "N" into an "H" we get the word 'Habu', which is the egyptian name for the Ibis bird symbolizing the Beak or Pen of Thoth.

In the dream the name of the street was 'Sundial' and a sundial can only tell the time of day by casting a shadow. This reminds me of the Mayan god Kukulcan (Thoth) descending the stairs of his temple in Chichen Itza, Mexico. This event occurs twice a year, during the spring and fall equinoxes when the sun cast a shadow on the temple in the form of a serpent.

The address of the house in the dream was 1273 Sundial. The Strong's Hebrew: 1273=Barchumi which is the same as Bar-ham meaning son of Ham and it is said Hermes means 'Son of Ham' who was Cush and Thoth respectfully.

That's what I came up with but this dream have been dare to me.

Bless

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/24/2016 4:26:56 PM

Goddess you said what came to mind was Bob and the number 3. Well, I will share this final vision (dream) I had in 2007-2008.

I was at our stadium (Belize Civic Center) here in Belize where most Jamaican artist come to perform and where also we held sporting events etc.. However, in my dream the stadium yard including the wide stairs leading to the entrance was peeled but when I got upstairs it seem everyone was inside the stadium like if something big was happening. At this point while standing on the veranda and noticing the emptiness outside the stadium I saw what seem to be a whirlwind in the night sky right above the veranda of the stadium. The whirlwind began to open up like a type of portal and 3 beings came out from it but they were standing in the shadows so I couldn't made them out clearly. I could tell it was 3 persons as they have the shape of men. Now the one in the middle started to walk towards me while the other 2 in the shadows stayed. I was twitching my eyes trying to figure out who was coming towards me and the closer he got the form became clearer. It was no other than Bob Marley. He was smiling and then he shook my hands but I was in awe because i never dreamt of him before, nor was I really into Bob's music back then (I know its hard to believe). Now after Bob shook my hands I told him "its a pleasure meeting you" but noticing the huge crowd in the stadium I thought Bob was going to perform so I said, "I can't wait to see you perform" and he replied, "No I didn't come for you to watch me perform, I came to watch you perform".

I was perplex as I woke.... I've got some really mystic dreams of Bob and Selassie ever since this dream

Bless

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I