Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6519&start_row=1

The Hotly Debated Origins of the Word "Ethiopia"

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/19/2016 10:29:26 AM

The ORIgins of the word "ETHIOPIA" has been reasoned about several times among InI here in this circle/forum. It has been suggested by brothah Garveys and others that this does not and cannot have Greek or any other European roots whatsoever, for we find this name "Ethiopis/Etiyopus" belonging to the 12th King of Ethiopia in The List of Ethiopian Sovereigns.

The beauty and purpose of InI gathering, reasoning and exchanging ideas is to spark inspiration/iditation to dig deeper/higher.

A word sound recently posted by Ras Har Tema about Enoch led I to look up something unrelated and instead buck up on an interesting view on the ORIgins of the word Ethiopia that I had not seen before, but confirms what InI have intuitively known, but could not find much other then the westernized "Ethiop" in my research.

Well well...looky here...check it:

Long long before Jesus, Christianity, the bible, Western Civilization, Greece and dem, we find the ancient and ORI-ginal Kushite/Afrikan word...

ITIYO-PI-ANU

INI know that RASTA, The Anu people were abORIginal peoples of Abyssinia, present day Ethiopia.

Both Diop and Evan-Pritchard confirmed that the Luos were the very peoples who originally settled the Nile Valley and founded the ancient Kingdom of Koch (Cush, Kush, or Quoch). In the Luo language, i-means, thou and ‘tiyo’ is a verb to work or dedicate service to, pi- means, for. ‘Anu’ was the god of gods. Thus, itiyopianu means people who dedicated services to Anu. The Koch kingdom of the Itiyo-pi-anu expanded into Egypt, Arabia, Chaldea and the Aegian penisula (from The Wonderful Ethiopians and Cushite Empires by Drussila D.Houston)

The Anunnaki which are also called Sun Serpents (NAGA/NEGUS), The Heavenly Serpent, or The Serpent and the Rainbow, were the Serpents kings. Take for instance the Naki in the word Anunnaki. As in one of the chief Sumerian gods Enki, (connected to the Naki) "en" is translated as a title equivalent to lord; also a title given to the High Priest; "ki" which means earth; (connected to Geb the black) Naki is also connected "Nake" in s-NAKE) name for the Initiates of Chaldea, corresponding to the Nagas.

https://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35257

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/19/2016 1:29:25 PM

Good reasoning Goddess!

However, in regards to one of our Idrens Book, "ETHIOPIC - The First Language: Book One" by Ras Iadonis Tafari stated:

"Etymologically, the archaic name of It-yo-P'ya i.e. Ethiopia, is TOBIYA which is interpreted as “the Good Land,” (God's Land) or the “Good[-ness] of YAH (God)” in both biblical Hebrew and old Ethiopic, or GE'EZ."

TOBIYA is the the Land of TOB.

Here is the vid...

Or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzsauVdHLo

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/19/2016 2:09:36 PM

Also, in the Bible another group of the Giants (Nephilim - "Those who came down") were called "Anak".

In Numbers 13:30-33 Moses sent out spies to scope out the land of Canaan and it stated,

"And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. And there we saw the Giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight."

They are also the "Anuak" people of the Luo Nilotic ethnic group who reside in Sudan and Ethiopia to this day.

It is said Many West African tribe groups originated in the Sudan/Ethiopia area then Migrated to the areas of west Africa.

However, other sources also says, "The Luo- speaking people of Eastern Africa are found beyond the Sudan and Ethiopia in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and the Congo. Their language(s) and dialects belong to the broader cluster of Nilo-Saharan languages."

Where ever they came from, whether west of east Africa, all we know is these "Anunnaki" are Black People and they were the Gods of the Sumerian.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/19/2016 8:32:01 PM

Give thANKHs Har Tema!

For those who may not be able to access or view the video, I'm posting the written version below:

What was the Original Name of Ethiopia? Was it Kush? Was it Abysinnia?

Where did the name Ethiopia really come from? Are Ethiopians Greek?
Tell us something about the various "names" of Ethiopia, the People and Ras Tefferi?

ITYOPYA/Ethiopia Original Name:

T'OBIYA, TobiJAH

Other Ori-Gene-EL and Pri-Mordial Names for country, peoples, culture and way of livity known as "ITYOPYA, AETHIOPIA, Ethiopia" are:

AG'AZI or the GIZ/GIZI people. The language of Ethiopia is commonly called ETHIOPIC/ityopik and GE'EZ/GI'IZ and GIZ(i). (Refer to Ethiopic.com http://www.ethiopic.com/introdct.htm) What many haven't realized yet is that the people, culture and way of life is summed up also in this Ancient ETHIOPIC/GE'EZ word - GZ. THE ORIGINAL REFERENCE TO THE ANCIENT HIGHLAND PEOPLES OF ETHIOPIA WAS/IS BEHERA (NATION OF) AG'AZI (THE FREE; UNCONQUERED PEOPLES) or simply the G'IZ. (Learn more about ALL THE LANGUAGES OF ETHIOPIA http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=Ethiopia)

AG'AZI or the GIZ/GIZI is one of the Oldest reference names for the people of the region known as the "HIGHLANDS" of Africa called today "ETHIOPIANS" and before that TOBIYANS. The term KUSHITES refers to Ancient TOBIYANS from the seed of KAM while there are other TOBIYANS that have come from the seed of SHEM and may be referred to as the SHEBIANS or Children of SHEBA. Yet the ORIGINAL ETHIOPIANS were known as AG'AZI or AG'AZIYAN and hence, the TOB (Good; Agree-Able/AbEL)... T'OBIYAH and T'OBIYAN. This was before HAM, SHEM and JAPHETH peoples re-people/RE-FILLed the "known" EArth. Before NOAH, what were the Ethiopians called? They were called the BEHERA AG'AZI or the NATION OF THE UNCONQUERED! or the COUNTRY OF THE FREE PEOPLES! In this land dwelt many seeds or RACES of the ONE RACE: HU-MANITY. This was before the 6,000 year story began. This was before the "beginning" was written... Yet, after the beginning was written we find the most popular name for ETHIOPIANS to be KUSHITES yet that also refered to many peoples who inhabit SUDAN, SOMOLIA, KENYA, UGANDA, and EGIPT/EGYPT.

WHO WAS KUSH'S FATHER? KUSH (koo-sh) was fathered by KAM called "HAM" in the western/white bibles. Yet this KAM was the son of a man named NOKH or "Noah". Yet, was NOKH (Noah) a Hamite, Shemite or Japhetite??? No, He couldn't be because they were his children. This is the same as ETHIOPIA being the originator of the KAM/KAMET - Originally the Upper Kingdom and Lower Kingdoms; origin of the NU and Nile inundation/flood waters. THIS IS THE REAL "ROOTS OF RASTAFARI" i.e. KRAST/KRESTOS/KRISTOS "BLACK" LIGHT! So what race was Nokh (Noah)? He was an AG'AZIAN or a "G" of AZIA/Asia. He was said to be a decendant of ADAM yet Adam was not "Adam" rather THEY were AD-AM. There existed a people who were "created" name ADAM and one made named "ADAM". Just like "Kam-et" means DUAL or TWO (or more) lands like "Yod" and "Mim" relates in the word/name/shem of MITS-RA-YIM, the HEBREW name. So does ADAM refer to more than just the latter singular man? In KABBALAH the original Archetypal MAN is called the KADMON ADAM, this is the original "image" of the AG'AZI or the GIZ people. The GIZ/Ag'Azi people are the original primordial ETHIOPIANS/TOBIYANS.

TE-MEREE or TE-MARI/TAMERI also refers to the Egiptian colony of reformist who were permitted by the AMERI/AM-HARA of the Upper Kingdom to live, build and till with the assistance of the Prebyster-Nobility of AU-SAR and AU-SET.

ETITI-OFIA is the ORIGINAL "HEBREW"/EBO way of reference to the Central Continental Jungle which extended from the present day coast of Ghana to the Horn of Africa, i.e. Ethiopia today. The Greeks whose language developed from IONIAN SHEBAIC/SABEAN called the TOBIYANS the people of "Etiopis" because of an alleged "Negus"/King who was ruling at that time. Yet, the reference to the TOBIYANS as ETHIOPIANS was mainly due to the difficulty in pronounciation of the AG'AZI/GIZI language by the Greeks who had borrowed proto-COPTIC from the Egiptians/GIBS'AWI who were ruled by the Children of the SHEBIANS.

ABEESA land or ABYSSINIA. Abessa comes from the name of "ABISHAG" in the First Book of Kings and refers to the "Dark Days" of IsraEl and the "IGNORANCE OF THE FATHER". MARYAM (Virgin Mary) is descendant from the union of ADONAI-JAH and ABISHAG. This is one of the reasons why the THRONE OF DAWEET (DAVID) was reNEWed in the land of the Kushites, i.e. Ethiopia. This is where the true meaning of HABASHA or ABESHA comes from. It is the DAVIDIC DYNASTY which was to be FULLFILLED in ETHIOPIA according to the KEBRE NEGASHT (refer to THE QUEEN OF SHEBA & HER ONLY SON MINYILIK translated by W.A. Budge), not the "Solomonic" Dynasty as it has been permissively called and refered to. For who's SAKE was the THRONE(s) re-newed??? It was for the WELL BE-LO-PHI One i.e., the "Well-Beloved" aka DAWEET, the Hebrew "HERU"/Horus... In the FIVE (5) BOOKS OF MEZMUR/Psalms IT states that "...there are set THRONES for JUDGEMANT, THE THRONES OF THE HOUSE OF GREAT KING DAVID." If only one child was to inherit, why does it say THRONES???

ABYSSINIA and the modern term/slang "HABESHA"/or 'Abesha!' comes from the Arabic/GIZ/Tigrai root word for "mixture" and refers to the Red Arabs alleged mixture of SHEM seed and KAM seed in the TIGRAI and AMHARA Highlands. Since we are the Ori-Gene, who really mixed with whom??? The KAM (HAM) seed of Ethiopia today is represented by the OROMIYA/OROMO people, the original ARAMA people of the Brahman/Abi-Ra-Hamic ADBARZAF.

http://www.oocities.org/yadmim/tobi.html

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 5/19/2016 9:42:50 PM

give thanks dada,
i have read the word luos and realized they are actually river lake nilotes eho originate from sudan. today they are located at the source of river nile, that is lake victoria. they are one of the strongest cultured people in east africa. most of their heroes who fought the colonials or lived long time ago are still remembered to this day and are regarded as people of big strength and agility. Unfortunately today the luo man or woman has decided to intergrate with westerns and is slowly disolving their true physical features which can be spotted on the statues. they still have the physical look that. an be seen i. the easter island statues, part of mesoamerican statues and by physical feature i mean the broad nose, and thick lips.
i also think that it is not only the luos who occupied the kush kingdom rather it was a collective group of people known as the river lake nilotes who then migrated south breaking the formation and forming of different groups/ tribes that exust today.

When iman was in kenya i had lots of luo frends and they do associate themselves witht their brothers in sudan and also do remember about the story of kemet/ the pyramids of giza. well at least most of them do. The funny thing is they are among the brightest of students in class, they do eat a lot of fish i guess one can say the fish brain does help in brain development. they also are very ambitiois people but as much as they are quite developed not all are, the gap still exists. in fact the foundation iman ysed to volunteer at in the slums of kibera, im sure the i's known of it is occupied by nubians and luos. that is the saddest truth rasta. it i the second largest ghetto in africa after soweto and the life there is quite low though they can survive, which is still not good. the luos still keep their tradition but slowly to this day they are getting disolved as most are looking to get out of poverty and live a high life status.

Good source of knowledge dada, the i should check out more about the nilotes, fascinating people indeed. i think the lan of kush was not only occupied by kushites but by nilotes an bantus as well because if one can look at ethiopia today the 80 trubes that exists consists of kushites, semites, nilotes, arabs, bantus, and others i can only imagine exists there.

bless.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/20/2016 4:10:23 AM

Yes I dem good reasoning and research. Africa and Ethiopia both are indigenous wordsound to InI.

Lake victoria the bro above mention. Dont too trust that name, but i cant remember the original. What is the actual name for lake victoria again before the queen colonise the lake :/ ?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/20/2016 11:27:36 AM

Greetings n love GA!

From my overstanding, it was called
Nyanza,” a Bantu word mean8ng something like “Sea.”

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/20/2016 3:19:31 PM

Blessed I

Messenger: Akinyi Sent: 3/11/2018 12:50:33 AM

We Luo call "Lake Victoria" Nam Lolwe

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/11/2018 9:36:40 AM

Sam Kiwanuka, with whom I worked in 1992 to outfit his Samsek Organization AIDS sufferers clinic & orphanage on his native Ssese Islands in Uganda, spoke Luganda (a Bantu language) and called the Lake "Nalubaale".

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I