Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6515&start_row=1

2 threads of Rastfari wisemind

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 5/16/2016 6:38:19 PM

whenever there is reasoning of sorts amoug rastamen i hear two types of talk. actually i think this is common

there is the literal talk. which is like HIM is the second coming of Christ and Afrikans are Gods chosen people.
& the mystik talk which is pantheistic and focuses on InI, god within , kind of sadhu.

but my question is that are these cohesive beliefs.
how do they fit together. the literal messages and the mystikal messages recieved by InI

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 5/17/2016 2:32:04 PM

I and I are all Christ. All Rastaman is Christ. Just DADA was bold enough to say so. Listen these few words from DADA, the Black Christ in Flesh:

"God is in flesh. (1st Epistle St. John Ch. 4) Christ is in flesh, Black God is in flesh. Not dead like the white one who is on the cross. We are the sons and daughters of the Black Christ. When you see yourself you see Christ, when you love yourself you love Christ, for God is love, let us all love."

Holy Emmanuel I, Selassie I, JAH Ras Tafari!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/22/2016 10:47:25 AM

Haile I JAH
Blessed Love
Give thankhs for bringing the reasoning Mars, and Black Christ for the I sharing the wiseminds of Emmanuel I.
There are many Rasta with their individual sIghts and reasonings, different levels of study and Iducation, as well as generational customs. Take time to sIght each one of the I reasonings and why they are seeing it the way they are, individually. It is not necessarily true to say that one Idren who sIghts Selahsay I as Christ does so for the same reason as a next Idren who sIghts the same fact... or any other topic of reasoning from Ital food to head coverings. And ultimately all of your own reasonings are going to come from what you know and have seen, not from what a next man knows or sees. More Iducation

About the specific reasoning of integrating the ideas of I&I, JAH in I, and the of Selahsay I as the Black Christ, I can give you I&I personal view on it, but I cannot speak for others nor am I sure that all others integrate those ideas, as some might hold one or parts of ones without sIghting the others...
I sIght the word Christ is a word meaning the same thing as Messiah, meaning anointed. The origins of anointing priest-kings is debated but from Iwomban study, the practice started in Kemet with crocodile oil (Messa) being used as a fertility ritual anointing. "Moses" coming from Kemet (Egypt) and being a high priest of the spiritual system, knew this... whether his recipe (of plant oils and extracts) came from his own design or was also taken from his practices in Kemet, I am not sure. According to the law books written by this high priest of Kemet, the procedure for anointing (massach) was followed during His Imperial Majesty's Coronation (as cited in National Geographic magazine, among other places), therefore by Iwomban literal definition His Majesty is Messiah...(that does not mean he is the only one, or the second coming of the only one).
Also, I am challenging the view that calling Selahsay I the second coming of Christ is a non-mystical statement, even when people mean it literally, meaning that it might fall into both of the categories you mentioned. The same goes for the idea of Afrika as the Israelites or as JAH chosen, it is both a literal and mystical statement.
And then when I sIght the idea of JAH within I, and I&I, this I sIght as literal, not figurative or metaphorical, but an essential fact of all of creation. So these thoughts also appears to fit into both categories of ideas that you mentioned.
So to Iwomban sIght all of the ideas that you mentioned are really in the same category, which is both a mystical and literal one. So I am not trying to integrate or make cohesive the ideas, I am pointing out that they are actually integrated ideas already, but that your mind has segmented them.
Oneness JAH
And Fqr

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/22/2016 11:42:39 AM

RASTAFARI is divine in multi dimensions; the esoteric, metaphorical, metaphysical, cosmological, spiritual, archeological, historical, physical and literal...ALL IN ONE.

MULTI LAYERED ONENESS

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/23/2016 10:03:28 AM

True Goddess!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/23/2016 2:40:39 PM

Africans calling themselves God and at the same time calling themselves God chosen people - maybe it just me but this make perfect sense.

White people call themselves God (Cesare Borgia)
White people claim them are Gods chosen people (Pope whoevers blessing of the atlantic slave trade)

This is a a counter response, and at the same time a reneissance as Africans started the thing

Bless

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/23/2016 3:11:34 PM

As a white man, I do not claim to be god -- Cesare Borgia, White Jesus -- or follow the notion of being a person of gods 'chosen race'..

I do belive that I am a part of Jahs creation and therefore an aspect of His divinty as ALL people and things are..

H.I.M is well known in saying that all human beigns are precisely the same. I think that Africans have the closest connection to Jah as they have the richest traditions concepts of Jah to draw from.. This is not to say that other non-african peoples are incapable of knowing and experiencing divinity as Jah runs inside and through all life and creation!

Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 5/25/2016 6:08:32 PM

Thank you for all the reasoning.
Im gathering by reasoning that it is all just that... reasoning.

I can appretiate a multilayered faith.

Personally. As someone who is a an american mut with all races in me its hard to care about one in particular.

But as a paleface ive never had a reason to care about race. I probably would if people were racist to me all the time.

From my own reasoning i believe all races are equal and we are all gods chosen (chosen to exist)

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 5/25/2016 9:08:47 PM

Greetings in the name of the most HIGH JAH RASTAFARI SELASSIE I...TRUE SOUNDS...ALL JAH'S CHILDREN...NO PARTIALITY...UNTIL THE COLOR OF A MAN'S SKIN IS OF NO SIGNIFICANT THAN THE COLOR OF HIS EYES...HIS MAJESTY TOLD InI this FACT...some of his children is SLEEP-IN...some AWAKE...GIVE THANKS for BE-IN AWAKE...RASPECT...

BLESSED LOVE...

Messenger: Child of the Dirt Sent: 5/27/2016 1:31:19 PM

Much love i like that brotherman

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I