Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6506&start_row=1

MEXICO & ETHIOPIA

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/8/2016 9:09:43 AM

Mexico Supported Ethiopia in Italian War, Donated Replica of Olmec Head

Written by TEAM RasTafari

To commemorate Mexico’s assistance to Ethiopia during its occupation by Italy; Ethiopia named a center square in Addis Ababa “Mexico Square”. In 2010, the Mexican government donated a replica of an Olmec colossal head to Ethiopia where it was placed in Mexico Square. On the 22nd of June, 1954, a traffic circle in Mexico City was named “Plaza Etiopía”, under which in August 1980, a metro station in Mexico City was built and named Metro Etiopía.

In June 2012, Prime Minister Meles Zenawi visited Mexico to participate in the G-20 summit being heald in Los Cabos. In 2014, both nations marked 65 years since the establishment of diplomatic relations.

Trade relations:
In 2014, two-way trade between Ethiopia and Mexico amounted to $5.9 million USD. Mexico’s main exports to Ethiopia include: landing gears, knives and electronic equipment. Ethiopia’s main exports to Mexico include: sesame seeds and industrial equipment to make shoes. Between 1999 – 2011 Ethiopian direct investments in Mexico amounted to $2.5 million USD. Ethiopia is Mexico’s 141st biggest trading partner globally.

http://rastafari.tv/mexico-supported-ethiopia-in-italian-war-donated-replica-of-olmec-head/

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/9/2016 11:47:32 PM

Bless Impress
Give thankhs for the reasonings Iyah
From Iwomban sIght the Olmec heads are in Mexico in the first place, it shows there is a deeper and more ancient link between Itiopia and Mexico!
From these modern day clues I&I can see there is a long Istory that shows the two peoples were Iriginally One. Growing up in San Diego and visiting Mexico many times, I am familiar with Mexican people and culture. Then coming to Ethiopia, I was a bit surprised because I see many people who even look Mexican, or maybe I am realizing that Mexicans look Ethiopian haha, that is to say they share many facial features, and also some artwork and crafts that I see are similar (like woven sun hats that look like sombrero).
Although, I am not sure what the phrase "Ethiopia is Mexico’s 141st biggest trading partner globally" is supposed to indicate in this close relationship, as that seems a pretty low rating (140 other countries each trade more with Mexico than Ethiopia does).
Wish I could watch the videos, but the article is informative still. Give thAnkhs!
JAH Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/10/2016 11:03:03 AM

Indeed, the Xi, or Olmec people are the Mother Culture of Mexico :)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/11/2016 5:04:23 AM

Yes Sistren, Reminds I&I of the thread where the I shared about QUEEN KHALIFA: THE AFRAKAN EMPRESS OF CALIFORNIA... It is clear that the "new world" was inhabited and ruled by Afrikans from ancient times!
Let the truth be revealed in this Iwah... JAH Haile I

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I