Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6505&start_row=11

Rasta and Muslim Relationship?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/12/2016 9:04:10 AM

Greetinz Queen,

It has been said that the Black Stone is in fact a meteorite that landed in Ethiopia, however my overstanding is that the reference to the "moon goddess" is symbolic of Auset, or the Divine Feminine.

Nice visual, by the way @ Nut giving birth to AmenRa/Aton!

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 5/12/2016 11:31:19 AM

many blessings to i n i always.

Ive read the posts and iman agrees with it. Kemet is the source of life on earth. The land there has existed for the longest and has seen many days.
The ancient teachings of the Allat is even taugh about among muslim believers. Iman was reading the question posted by the sister and the i asked about a rasta and a muslim relationship. The history is evident rasta, it is actually protected in the museums of Cairo. Alexandria.

Iman would like to respond to the sisters question after reading some of the posts, i dont actually agree with that. The culture of islam is men oriented and shuns away women. When the Koran was being revealed to prophet muhammad by angel gibril, its also the same story as when jacob wrestled with the angel, it was ressembled as the pineal gland opening an eye. Same experience can be attributted to the effect of the brain change, prophet muhammad was actually emphasized to read the book and thus everywhere a child is given education and are taught about everything. Women were emphasized to read as well. The woman who kept the books of the prophet was aisha, hes wife who is a major influence as well. Now things are different and every man or woman is merely on their own, still one has to wonder what exactly happened in that time period that helped flourished islam. Everyone was united under one banner, laws were made by prophet muhammad that are chattered on the United Nations. He is considered top 100 most influential man.
Today the world is to an individual. If a man wants to marry a woman of different faith they can go ahead while others still hold on to their lineage and try to preserve a part of their history. Alls fair untill one really comes to know the inner workings of islam and grasp the reason as to why it is very controversial.
Iman question is " Have the i's read about Prophet Muhammad pbuh story?
Has anyone read the Koran itself and the Hadiths that would be written as the people would reason on and on.? reason i asked that is to reason about them.

The history of islam is merely reflected onto the people and they write books, to really find the truth, it is only found inside the Koran. It has even caused expansion of territories in a huge portion of land.
Different nationalities have carried that book and rode forth conquering other nations.

By the Book or the word conquering peoples hearts, they accept everything and somehow a different part of the brain is also affected and a passage from the mind to the heart is created, like a direct switch and the more one keeps it on, the more the change occurs.
Islams history can be attributed to be the biggest influence on western civilization. The moors conquered al andalus or spain and ruled for 800 years bringin new type of life. The period of Islam flourishing can be attributed from the sixth century to the 12th century. Astrologically that period could have been a force of change taking over.

After the end of Prophet Muhammad time, whos life is filled with mystical stories, one will come to realize that everything changed and islam took another direction. This historical part could be useful to actually understanding how it all went. Very interesting in deed.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/12/2016 7:00:32 PM

Rastafari and Islam are one....

HIM's mother was a christian with a muslim name.

Empress Menen can trace her linage all the way to Prophet Muhammad.

Nation of Islam and Rastafari came in being around the same time in 1930.

Both leaders, Elijah Muhammad & Selassie, were said to have passed on in the same year of 1975.

In symbolic gesture King Hallie Selassie was crowned by the Abuna, a Coptic priest of church of Egypt, who only spoke Arabic. Here we have esoteric sign of ancient wisdom fusion into one great synthesis. Egyptian, Islam, and Christian wisdom becomes one with the Rastafari."

Malcolm X was the NOI's spokesperson and Bob Marley was Rastafari's Messenger. Note Bob's maternal side has the surname "Malcolm" (his grandfather name is Omeriah Malcolm)

Each time a Muslim prays - Salat {Prostration}– he spells out the name ADM (Adam). "Another interesting feature of the salat (prayer) is that the course of assuming three main positions (qiyam, rukuh, and sajdah) one makes the physical shapes of the Arabic Alif, Dal, and Mim. These spell the word Adam, the name of the first created human".

In Islam the angel Iblis refused submission to the created beings named the Adam (LULU), which was the handy works of the gods (Allah=Alalu) and every time a Muslim kiss the black stone at Kaaba its a reminder of where mankind came from, which was from the womb of the Black Goddess.

Tahuti was Angel Gabriel that came to Prophet Muhammad and handed him the Quran which is a book of divination such as the I Ching and Tarot

Islam is an offspring of the Vedic Science of India (kush/Ethiopia)

Blessed love

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/12/2016 7:00:33 PM

Hotep!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/12/2016 8:16:02 PM

Greetinz Ras,

Give thankhs for di I’s reasonings. I’m no expert on Islam, but I believe the change happened with the shift from the Kushite/Sabaen Lunar calendar to the solar one. Lunar calendars are typical of matriarchal and goddess cultures, noting the correspondence of the lunar and menstrual cycles, and that the Earth Mother was associated with the Moon Goddess.

Also, I would imagine the shift from matriarchy to patriarchy to coincide with the shift from the Kushite origins to the Mohammed/Bedouin Arab culture.

BEFORE MUHAMMAD THE AFRIKAN MOTHER ROOT:
By Mama Zogbé

For thousands of years before Mohammed, it was Ali-at and Al-Uzzah who were the chief African deities symbolized at the Holy Ka’aba (‘originally ‘Temple of the Moon-goddess’), built by the African Hausa, Fulani, Mandes and other clans who settled into ancient Medina around 4,000 B.C. The Ka’aba stone was a holy black, granite ompha with a black dove nestled atop, whom devotees believed had “fallen from the heavens, or the sky.” All major Mami deities were originally worshiped as black stones. An ancient tradition which is still extant today during annual ancestral celebrations in Togo, West Africa, where many of the descendants of these groups later settled. Only holy men/devotees are allowed to enter the sacred forest to capture this sacred stone. It was these African “pagan” clans under Al-Uzzah who developed the sacred system of ﺔ;ﻴ;ﺑ;ﺮ;ﻋ; ﺔ;ﻳ;ﺪ;ﺠ;ﺑ;أ; (Urdu-Arabic script) γ;ε;ω;μ;α;ν;τ;ε;ί;α; (sand divination), the annual pilgrimages , the fast of Ramadan, the shaving of heads, animal sacrifices, praying several times a day, the giving of alms, Friday’s prayers, ritual bathing, ablutions, taboos against incest, the “throwing of stones” in Wady Mina (sacred mountain), ﻲ;ﻗ;ﺮ;ﺷ; ﺺ;ﻗ;ر; “belly, dancing,” ﺎ;ـ;ـ;ﻨ;ـ;ـ;ﺣ;, (henna, Medhandi)-hand painting; the time honored tradition of hanging sacred verses upon the Ka’aba from the Saba. etc,. All African cultural traditions now credited to the Arabs, India and Asia. However, it was under Mohammed’s orders that the African Al-Uzza, and their 360+ “pagan” ancestral deities were removed from the holy Ka’aba and reconstructed. The Holy Koran that once ordered that Al-Uzza and the other African deities be worshiped (Surah 53:19-20) had been modified in the new book, or eliminated altogether. Many peoples around the world including the African-American Diaspora are ancestrally linked to the indigenous Islam of Al-Uuzza. The remnants which remain continues to be heavily suppressed by the Arabs in the Sudan and elsewhere. In the Vodoun tradition, Al-Uzza remains a chief Mami deity, and the Mama Tchamba are the divine personification of these ancient clans as well as the ancestral spirits of enslaved Africans and their descendants. Slavery is viewed as a historical continuunm triggered by the decline of African hegemony; rooted in their experiences more than 2000 years ago. © 2010 Mama Zogbé. All Rights Reserve

The Afrikan Mother Root of Islam

SOURCES:
http://fishcalledsanda.blogspot.com/2013/07/origins-of-islam-godess-allat.html?m=1

http://www.africaresource.com/rasta/sesostris-the-great-the-egyptian-hercules/the-original-black-arabs-of-arabia-part-4-the-black-stone-the-black-tribe-of-koreysh-black-prophet-mohammed/

https://newafrikan77.wordpress.com/2015/10/26/before-muhammad-the-afrikan-mother-root-mama-zogbe/
http://mamiwata.com/chamba/page2.html

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 5/13/2016 9:20:53 AM

Ive read thst much of Islam/Koranic writings have it origins in Syriac traditions and thru the house of wisdom in Iraq.

Some Hausa, Yoruba and Edo tradition seemingly place them in Arabia and some of their progenitor actually resisted Islam while some accepted.
The Edo had a tradition until the 1920s where the Oba/king would say the Muslim prayer then go looking for the man who made him say it. They say the father resisted Islam but a greed to do the prayer twice a year but so they had a sworn hatred for Islam but it stopped by muslin Oba. Think I read that in Westly Muhammad's work Islam and Ifa sibling rivalry or something

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/22/2016 10:37:39 PM

And in terms with Muslims, HIM said:
Both Christians and Moslems believe alike in God, spiritually, and as God is always with those who believe in Him, there is harmony in man who is one in flesh, blood and soul. Therefore, Ethi­opians are all one, and they do not differ one from the other. We are all one in Our belief in God. As We revere Him and believe in Him so do you. Christianity and Islam are not the only religions in the world; there are many different religions. However, among be­lievers, there are no differences when they serve their country, and We respect everybody’s religion without partiality.

Did We not respect the Moslem, We would not have come to this place to visit this mosque. As prayers are said in churches, the same is done in mos­ques.The house of God is open and welcomes those who come with charity. Following this principle, since as Moslems and Christians all are loyal to Ethiopia, what has just been said is not new.

It is well known that during the inva­sion of Ethiopia by the enemy, there were many Moslems and Christians who defended their country, and We rewarded them, not the Moslems or Christians only, but both.

Hence, if anybody says that differ­ences exist between Moslems and Christians, that person is an enemy of Ethiopia.

Haile Selassie I

Messenger: ConsciousRas Sent: 5/23/2016 11:12:55 AM

Blessed love,

Yes i the history is Islam can be dated back to ancient Kemet which then moved to Arabia then spread all over the world.

There are some interesting facts regarding islam as one may or may not know.
a) Before the renaissance begun in Europe, it already happened in Arabia, well could be because of the help from kemet as one may know they are an ancient civilization.
Science, math, geography, and many others were re-invented and made better by the Arabians.

b) The Arabians studied the stars, astrology and went in too deep and were even able to study about the moon, the sun and planets. Mathematics was a strong hold in Arabia that time which combined well with Astrology.

c) It is said that as Christopher Columbus was approaching the Caribbean, the first thing he could see from a distance was a minaret, the half moon shape above a mosque which is the symbol of Islam, he saw it from a distance. Muslims were knowledge seekers and one thing that they really did enjoy was to travel around the world. A man called Ibn Battuta from Tangier Morocco, is regarded as one of the most travelled man in the world and his literature can be found in his book called Rihla (Journey). A crater of the moon was even named after him to honor his works. A goof film to watch on him is a short movie called journey to mecca which is very educational.

d) After the prophet's time, one famous saying of his was that When the Qurayesh will fall and forget God, another tribe of people will come and pick up the flag, and keep it pushing. That is when the Mongols, the Moors took over and Arabia somehow was in the background of the picture while these two nations flourished and ruled with power for a long time. Though what the mongols did in Europe was a bit too much, its still a part of history.

e) People always put slavery together with Islam when one forgets that slavery was actually abolished by Prophet Muhammad. Yes the Arabs did enslave africans and other kind of people, but when the prophet took over, first thing he abolished was slavery. A man called Bilal was a slave who was freed by one of prophet muhammads disciples. Bilal is also the man who was chosen by the prophet to perform the Adhan, the call to prayer. He simply recited the call from his heart without being told what to say or how to say it. A good film to watch is The Message, it actually explains a good portion of Islam history.

f) A funny fact regarding the Adhan is that there is an american hiphop rapper who was part of p diddy entourage who went to Dubai and the first time he heard the call of prayer, he said thats the most beautiful song ever, in fact i do urge the users here to have a listen to it.

g) I think i already said it before but some of the laws of war which were engraved in the United Nations are from prophet muhammad.In fact the United states supreme court of justice uses the laws of the prophet which is a bit ironic as now the politicians there disregard Islam and really do not understand it.

h) In order to show there is unity in all religions, hegira. the Arabians were trying to destroy these people who started a fire in their hearts because the denied 300 gods and only chose One God.. The prophet sent them to Ethiopia and told them of the king called King Armah, a fair man who gave them an ear and decided to let them stay in Ethiopia. After that they loved the land so much that they even settled there and begun their lifestyle. It is even said that when King Armah died, the prophet prayed on his behalf.

i) Mansa Musa the king of Mali empire is regarded as the richest king to every live in Africa with the most amount of Gold in his possession. Wisdom is better than Silver and Gold but as a king it kind of defines their ruling status.

There are more things to share and it is quite important because i haven't really found anything here regarding Islam and mostly when i do , either there is slavery put in it or something else. Iman do acknowledge that slavery there were some bad things that happened in Arabia but when the prophet came, he changed everything and made an equal and fair land to the people.

I have also read about elijah muhammad but iman think that at times he does not know what he says or does. He brainwashed Malcolm x fully and it is sometimes said that he led to his death. Malcolm el malik shabazz was born in a racist society and was taught that black and white do not mix, when he went to mecca for hajj, he was amazed to see people of different nationalities and color staying together, eating on same plate and sleeping in same place. All this made him see a different light in the world and decided to cut off from elijah muhammads brotherhood.

Today the world has changed, everyone knows it, Religion has been blemished with ignorance, filth and hatred. What was created as guide to the Creator has become a dark path of ignorance, greed and lies. Iman always used to say to i bredrins, religion once had a good purpose, to give man comfort on earth and know that God exists. The Europeans deiced to take over and enslave humanity, the Arabs still continued even after the prophet passed to sell slaves and treat them unequal. Today iman do not enjoy even hearing stories of UAE, the princes who have wild animals as their pets. Cheetahs and jaguars have been turned into house hold pets. That is why iman say a man does not define a religion, for God does not take sides. I good saying from the stepping razor film i always like is when the professor says. two people will fight and argue trying to pull the truth to their side but the truth will always remain by its own, it will not take sides. It will always remain by its own.

It is also true that The Koran has deeper meanings that what they are presented just like the bible. This is where the sufis come in. Sufis are orthodox muslims who are very strict in their works. Im sure the i's have heard of the Persian sufis who was once traveling the mountains and found a plant which gave his happiness and laughter. he took the plant back home and showed to the king. The king was depressed and after partaking the herb, he became joyful and was happy. Authenticity of the story is not known but it is true that the sufis would smoke hashish and chant day and night. They are regarded as the monks of Islam for they translate the Koran into deeper meanings and sit around discussing together. They later formed fraternities which spread around middle east.
Rumi jallallidin is a great turkish sufi poet who has written a lot of works that are beautiful and pleasing to read.
Another great scholar is imam Jaf'ar Sadiq who wrote the spiritual gems, a mytsical Koran commentary. That would be a very good book to read and learn the deeper meanings of the Koran where possible. His book is considered the best and very educational.

Iman do feel like sharing a lot more about this beautiful religion as i grew up in it from i childhood. I have searched and let i heart wonder all over the world search for God in different religions, i have read many holy books and i regard all as one because all i read is about Love. Nothing else. I went to catholic school as a child, almost swallowed the sacrament but a teacher had to pull me back which was quite the most embarrassing moment of i life because i did not know what wrong i was doing, i can say it was the first religious discrimination i ever experienced because i used to attend the church summons, i used to pray like christians, close i eyes, fold i hands, i used to read the bible over and over in fact i actually enjoyed a lot and now as i stood up to receive it the teacher just tapped me on the shoulder and told me to followed him, so as i was walking back and the whole school looking at me, i went and kneeled down asked for forgiveness for whatever mistake i did and sat down. No teacher or student even dared talk to me regarding that situation for i am sure they too did not even know whether they were right or wrong. after that i life was normal i kept on praying like christians and also going to mosque on Fridays, it reminds me of life of pi a lot, where they boy just studied all religions because it was possible. I also wanted to visit a hindu temple to do a project but funny enough an african brother who stood guard at the gate stopped i from entering and told i, i wasn't allowed. These moments iv'e experienced in i life are a bit extraordinary for when they happen i merely just shake i head and laugh it off for it is pure ignorance. Religion is for everyone not just a few select. It is important to respect each and every religion that has existed. For the actions used in the name of the people blame, those who decide to destroy its name.

I believe that by saying muslim men are closed or restricted and prevent their women from empowering themselves is biased. People can be good or bad. There are people who take religion different from others. When a man decides to lock his family from the outside world, that is simply their opinion. ini do not have to judge others actions. Women are not considered property in fact that is slavery which was abolished fully. Thus a persons actions is merely their own.

It is true that muslims do not tend to marry outside the religion, the reason is because when islam was created, it was intended as a type of community or society that tried to help each other. As they say in order to become good at something, one has to surround themselves around the good people. I think that was the notion put forth in it. The fact that prophet muhammad tried so much to make islam and fair and just religion so everyone can live together as one.

A good part of the film that may offer more into what the sister Jah Child was talking about regarding muslim men do not marry outside the religion. Maybe this may explain regarding the living together.
in case the link doesnt work,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmLDxERIdY this should be better.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/23/2016 2:33:02 PM

DOWN WITH RELIGION

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/23/2016 7:39:35 PM

I wouldn't say down with Religion, but down with the separation and walls between people of different religions and also different caste, creeds, race.

I wouldn't say down with religion but down with religion that hiders the growth of the spirituality of man rather than help. One is true religion and one is false.

Besides its not what I say or you say but what KING HAILE SEALSSIE SAY, may our words allways be in harmony with and supporting HIS Imowrial Majestys Words, here online and everywhere else in life.

"While the different religions in their historical forms bind us to limited groups and militate against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have always stood for the fellowship of humanity,” so Your Excellency has taught us. And in an effort to carry out this teaching to pursue truth – to promote those bonds common to the human race – Your Excellency has dedicated your whole life. To free the human race from superstition and fear that originate from ignorance; to enable him to transcend the apparent obstacles of race and religion; and to help him recognize the blood-ties of the whole human race, Your Excellency has laboured. To this generation, so tormented between modern knowledge and ancient faith, your scrupulous studies have pointed the way by which man may be saved from traditional superstition and modern scepticism."

In another speech he says:

"To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, therefore, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion. Progress without religion is just like a life surrounded by unknown perils and can be compared to a body without a soul."

DOWN WITH IGNORACE and false religion.
Religion is a resource and tool for our spiritual growth and LIVITY

Guidance. I love the song give me that old time religion...And theres a religion as old as the foundation of creation, its called WISDOM.

"It is only when the human mind is guided by religion and morality that man can acquire the necessary vision to put all his ingenuous inventions and contrivances to really useful and beneficial purposes. The progress of science can be said to be harmful to religion only in so far as it is used for evil aims and not because it claims a priority over religion in its revelation to man.
It is important that spiritual advancement must keep pace with material advancement. When this comes to be realized man’s journey toward higher and more lasting values will show more marked progress while the evil in him recedes into the background.
Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both."
-King Rastafari

“Were the thoughts of Plato and Socrates, the beliefs of Christianity and Judaism not harmonized with Hindu philosophy; were Yoga and its various stages not exposed to Western thought; had Western religion and philosophy not been exposed to the philosophy and religion of the East through Your Excellency’s persistent endeavour” He is honoring, India’s President Radhakrishnan

In his own words: “Religion is personal; the state is for all.”

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 42

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I