Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6500&start_row=1

The Sumerian King list vs Ethiopian King List by Tafari: Are they one and the same?

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/3/2016 10:02:02 PM

Since we know Kush was a very large empire stretching all the way from east africa to Mesopotamia and beyond; Thus we have the Cushite Empire of Nubia, the Kishite Empire established after the great deluge when the kingship descended once again to earth in the land of Shumer, and the Kushan Empire of Central Asia and northern India (Hindu Kush). Its very evident to see that the Kush/Cush/Kash/Kish was actually all over the globe and are one and the same people.

HIM said "I am he from Ori (Aram)", but who is Ori? Some say he is Ausar whom the greek called Osiris and maybe even the Igbo deity "Eri (Eri-idu in Nigeria)". Ori in Hebrew means "My Light" and is linguistically related to the Hebrew word 'Ari' meaning Lion. Since the letter 'R and "L" are interchangeable in ancient kemetic, the word 'Ali' can be a degenerated form of "Ari". Among other appellations, these auxiliary or prototype gods have been said to be “Ari” or “Ali," an Egyptian word, meaning “to make, to do, to create, to form,” (Asah in Hebrew) and “to be used as an auxiliary". It is claimed that all other deities proceed from the Ari, a term that is part of the name Asari (Osiris).

In 'From Fetish to God in Ancient Egypt' the renowned Egyptologist Sir E. A. Wallis Budge wrote:

"The group of wedges which we read ASARI is -=I. The first has the well-known meaning of 'tent', or 'dwelling', or 'resting-place', and the second has the meaning of 'eye', and is placed inside the sign for 'tent'. The two signs by which these are transcribed in Egyptian are a seat or throne, and eye. Now the sign -=II is followed in the text by two other cuneiform characters. These form a title of ASARI and are read in Sumerian LU DUG, and they mean 'good man or being'. Thus we have 'ASARI, the good being'. But we find in the Egyptian texts that one of the principal titles of OSIRIS is UN-NEFER i.e. the 'Good Being', and it seems clear that this title is the Egyptian translation of the cuneiform (characters meaning 'good man or being'). Thus there is little doubt that the Egyptian AS-AR is the equivalent of the Babylonian ASARI."

As Budge points out, the cuneiform character that means 'eye' is enclosed within that which means 'tent' thus one could quite reasonably translate the title Asari as meaning 'the eye in the tent'. The word 'tent' was a common metaphor for the sky in the ancient world; both the 19th and 104th Psalms contain perfect examples of this.
The 19th Psalm: "In them (i.e. the heavens) He (God) has set a tent for the sun, Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices as a strong man to run his course."

The Winged Disk symbolizes Asar/Heru (Nibiru/Orion/Sirius) where the neteru descended from. Hence, the Benu bird came to be connected with Osiris.

Ori-anu can also symbolize the constellation Orion, whom Ausar is associated with, and was actually called Ori-An; Ori simply meaning “Holy” or “Master Race” and “An” meaning “Heaven” in Sumerio-akkadian. The true origin of the Neteru was said to be Orion and Sirius star systems. The Sumerian name for Orion was "URU AN-NA" (Uru-Anna), meaning 'light of heaven'.

Note: The Aaru (Egyptian reed fields) was the heavenly paradise, where Osiris rules.

In Sumerian 'Ar' or 'Ara' means 'exalt, lofty, shining ones. Thus Aram or Amram means "Exalted People" in Hebrew. The Amram (father of moses) in Sumerian represented the highly developed communities where human beings became good subjects of the Gods and where the Gods rule over mortals with laws of govern; Hence, the orit or ancient laws. The etymological roots of “Torah” are found in Ancient Kamet, namely Ta-Urt and Tawarat, derived from the original and Ancient Ethiopic "Ar'aya,” the root of Orit (Oreet). In both Sumerian and Assyrian Language Ar-i (Ori) means Giants i.e Nephilim/Igigi. The Ari was said to be a race of Sumerian deified kings/gods known as the Shining ones or Anunnaki who were the Children of Anu i.e. the Judges of the Underworld (Abzu=Africa) in Sumer, the Orisha (the IOA) by the Yoruba, and the Nommo Anagonno by the Dogon. In many of the cylindrical seals of the Sumerian depict these beings as gigantic in stature and seated on giant thrones before mortal beings. Example; the Seal of Shamash.

In many circles lord Enki was known as Ptah in Kamet, as Damballah in Vodou and Obatala in Yoruba. Also note that Enki's temple was situated in Eridu (first settlement establish by the anunnaki upon arriving to earth), located above the land of the mines (Zimbabwe/South Africa), and was called E-Abzu meaning "House on the Abzu". Thus, Enki was in charge of the ABZU or APSU (Land of Africa/Ethiopia), where the Greek term ABYSS is derived from i.e. ABYSSINIA connoting "Land of the Underworld (Heaven on Earth)".

The reality is that Solomon was Lord Enki who met Queen Inanna and was tricked by her of the 'ME'. In the beginning of this story, Enki controls the 'ME' which are the "rules of the universe" (divine decrees). One day, Enki and Inanna got drunk and she tricks him into giving her the 'ME'. When Enki realizes that he has given the 'ME' away, he tries to recover them from Inanna but she takes the 'ME' back to her city and it was too late for Enki to get them back. Thus, the Transfer of the Arts of Civilization from Eridu to Erech (Uruk). This story was later perverted into the legend of Solomon, whom tricked Sheba into sleeping with him when she was accused of stealing his water jar due to her being thirsty, ultimately leading Sheba to bear him a son. Later on her son Menelik went to visit his father Solomon, and upon his journey back to Ethiopia he took the Ark of the Covenant with him. When Solomon like Enki realized the Ark was stolen his armies gave chase, even Solomon gave chase himself, but neither could catch them. Nevertheless, the Covenant of God is transferred from Israel to Ethiopia.

Their is also another tale which stated Solomon had heard of Sheba and had been told of her strange features; hairy legs and feet that are cloven like goat’s or owl feet. In Sumerian culture this was the depiction of Inanna in many images. You can find this info in the book "The Queen of Sheba: Legend, Literature and Lore" By Deborah M. Coulter-Harris on pg.55.

Inanna and her descendants was said to establish the empire in India while Enki ruled those in Africa. So the fictitious Solomonic Dynasty actually symbolizes that of the Sumerian/Cushite God-man Enki.

The Sumerian King list is a mixed of "so-called" Mythological figures and Human rulers that was found on clay tablets said to be dated around 2000 BC. The Sumerian King List records all the rulers of earth back over 400,000 years. This huge stretch of time coupled with reigns into the thousands of years has caused most historians to reject its accuracy.

The Ancient Ethiopian Chronologies say Aram or Ori the 35th son of Adam ascended the throne of Ethiopia in the year 4470 B.C and that twenty-one Kings had ascended the throne before the Flood. There is another more accurate record of the long list of Kings according to Ethiopian Historians, that was probably more accurate than the Ancient Ethiopian Chronicles but it was carried to Egypt when the Ethiopian Kings ruled that country and was destroyed when their power was overthrown.

Note: The first king to rule in regards to the Sumerian king list was "Alulim", which can be a epithet of EA/Enki or a Sumerian rendering of King Alalu's & Anu's names.

So its good to say Qedamawi Haile Selassie is the last of the kingship on earth. From lord Anu the 1st to Haile Selassie the 1st.....

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/4/2016 8:27:24 AM

Greetings and love Har-Tema! Wonderful to "see" di I again! :)

This is why InI Rastafari suns and dawtas maintain that Rasta has been here from the time the Foundations of Creation were laid.

We are indeed the ORI-ginal!

Di I might find this thread interesting:

I AM HE FROM ORI

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/4/2016 2:41:27 PM

Blessed Love sistrin! Your welcome always warm my heart :)

Also that link is a good read... However based on my research it seem the term "Ori" does not represent an individual person but symbolizes the Neteru and their ORI-gin. Hence, Ori-on the Hunter and his dog Sirius (star-systems), and as benjamin vaughn from the band midnite stated the word "origin" in reverse is the word "Nigiro" i.e. Negro representing blackness. So we know we are the original.

Since the ancient Kamite axiom, "as above so below," can illustrate duality, the term Ori also has a multilayer meaning: In Mesopotamia the "Winged Disk" depicts Asari or a being within a flying mechanism (eye within a tent) dubbed NI.IB.RU (nibiru), and in Kemet this was called "Huti" meaning double light (winged disk of Heru). However within man the winged disk is situated in the brain and hovers above the Pineal Gland which influenced Melanin and the spirit world (unseen); This is the Internal “Nibiru!” But, outside of man in the celestial world the winged disk symbolize the Orion nebula, Sirius C and the Accretion Disk around Black Hole which looks like a typical Disc-shaped UFO.

In addition the Ethiopian nation before the arrival of the Abrahamic religions worshiped a serpent god-king of the Puntites, and its now proven modern day Ethiopia & Eritrea (with djibouti & Somalia) is the "mythical" land of Punt. Note: Cush in the Bible (book of Isaiah) referred to modern day Sudan.

The Serpent race are the Cushites and the Greeks called them Ethophis meaning "The Nation of the Serpent" from the Greek word "Ethos" for nation/people and "Ophis" for snake, which evolved into Ethiops or Aithiops (burn-face). The Serpent Kings can be found in the Ethiopian culture as Arwe. It should also be mentioned that there is a 'King Ityope or Etiyopus' in the Kings list as well. Also the author Fikre Tolossa from the book "The Hidden and Untold History of the Jewish People and Ethiopians" stated Melchizedek was the Father of Ethiopia. since it was his son named Ethel whom settled in that land and his name was changed by God into "Ethiop" which became Ethiopia.

Within the above information stated, its interesting to note that during Haile Selassie's reign the royal flag often featured the emblem of the Lion of Judah: a crowned lion holding a long flagstaff with a cross on top with the colors of Green, Yellow and Red Floating in the midst, and on the reverse side of the Flag was St. George slaying the Dragon.

However, In reality the Dragon is not being slain but Subdued i.e having total control and power over it. Hence to be a 'Naga' ("Serpent Lord" in India/Cambodia equivalent to 'Negus' in Ethiopia and Nahash in Hebrew), one must have mastery over the serpentine energy-Kundalini Shakti. Thus, His Majesty gave us a subtle clue by placing St. George slaying the Dragon on the opposite side of the flag (which is a christian motif) and from this interpretation we come to the conclusion that the Royal Flag of HIM depicting the Lion of Judah actually symbolizes the "Symbol of the Caduceus" representing the Chakra System, Kundalini Awaken and DNA. For example; The Lion would take the place of the intertwined serpent since both represent feminine energy in eastern and all ancient philosophies (earlier depiction of dragon had the face of a lion and body of a serpent), the staff is seen on both symbols representing the Spine, the cross on top of the staff and orb upon the caduceus represent the Pineal or 1st eye, and the floating flag on the staff can be seen as the outstretched wings of the caduceus for both represent higher consciousness. However the colors of the flag also represent the chakras since each chakra has a specific color associated with it (Chakras are also called 'Wheels of Consciousness' as well), likewise each place where the two serpents of the caduceus intersect would render as a chakra as well.

The symbol of the caduceus was associated with the Sumerian God Enki (damballah in vodou) and later transferred to one of his son, Ningishzidda who was Thoth (Tehuti) in Ancient Kamet. It was also in the image of Thoth the face of the Lion Sphinx was constructed pertaining to Sumerian lore; For he is the True Lion of Yehuda or Yehudi (Tehuti). The symbol of the Caduceus is also based upon the winged globe for the planet Nibiru, the symbol of the Royal Anunnaki Family. Hence the Lion of Judah/Caduceus is the Emblem of Nibiru and the Gods, as well as the Galactic Center, Orion and Sirius C.

Blessed

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/5/2016 9:42:14 AM

Yes I, I am in full agreement regarding ORI being a term/principle that goes way beyond the individual. It is indeed multilayered: genetic, esoteric, spiritual, historical and even biblical.

ORI – A GENETIC TERM?

ORI is the DNA sequence that signals for the origin of replication, Mitochondrial DNA in many organisms has two ORI sequences. In humans, they are calledoriH and oriL for the heavy and light strand of the DNA, each is the origin of replication for single-stranded replication

Nega Negast: An Ethiopian word which, means Serpent King of Kings.

The Naga is referring to the people who have full access to the Kundalini energy. Kundalini being a serpentine force, to be honored with being called a Naga is to be wise as the serpent. Matthew 10:16 verse “Be ye therefore wise as Serpents, yet gentle as doves.” Note that the Snake (Serpent Spirit) has been a symbol of wisdom since the metaphysical story of Adam and Eve. It’s the wise Serpent who offered them the fruit of knowledge. Also attach to the wise Nag serpent is eternal healing, mystery, magical power, and holiness throughout most of the ancient non-western world.

n artwork Damballah is usually depicted as a serpent in a tree. According to Vodou cosmology, he and his wife Aida Wedo joined as a double helix of serpents to give birth to humanity. This image of intertwining serpents may be familiar to those who have seen the logo used by the American Medical Association. Western man says that Vodou is nothing more than the crazed superstitions of dumb Africans, yet he uses Vodou iconography to represent one of his most respected institutions of science. Why is that? The double helix formed by Damballah and Aida symbolizes the DNA that links all Black people throughout the globe to a common ancestor. Our ancient African mystics knew the structure of DNA long before James D. Watson and Francis Crick arrived on the scene.

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/5/2016 3:51:28 PM

RASTAFARI!! True Goddess indeed :) Bless up

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2016 6:11:59 AM

Ori was a person. Ausar not a person. The kings list published by HIM refers to people who have lived and ruled. Are we saying otherwise? I mean it even gives us a specific time period for when he reigned.

Also, I have doubts about Ethiopia being named so by the greeks. You have alluded yourself to the fact that there had been a (or two) King Etiyopes. Seems to much of a coincidence and why would royalty name themselves after a foriegn deregatory term for their own people? It would be more concivable the word was original to us first, and then later adopted by the greeks. The same with the word Afri/Africa coming from us first and then being adopted by Africanus.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/6/2016 10:57:11 AM

His Majesty also believed in "Jesus", yet InI know that there is the KRST principle and a historical figure (not the guy in the sky but the Afrikan revolutionary/master teacher)

Could the same idea be applied to ORI? As with most Afrikan principles, we find that they are multilayered, or multi-dimensional, embodying the cosmological, metaphorical, historical and literal.

Out of curiosity, how does di I reconcile Ausar to be symbolic yet ORI to be literal? What are the factors that would lead di I to define one as more "real" (tangible) then the other?

I would agree that a Kushite King would not choose a Europeanized name (King Ethiop) and that the ORIgin would in fact be AFU-RA-KAN, there are certain principles found in Ethiopian literature that I would define as being sprinkled with European flavor, such as the "Adam and Eve" story, Moses, etc... Though InI can say these are metaphors not to be taken literally, and overstand the Afrikan Cosmological genesis of such fables, they remain an intrensic and fundamental part of Ethiopian Coptic literature and beliefs.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I