Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6497&start_row=1

Apet = Timkat?

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 5/2/2016 1:57:58 PM

HAILE I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI!

ARISE JAH, Trod forth to the thronging host of RASTAFARI, may our adversaries be scattered and those with hate in their hearts RUN for their lives before thy sight, Oh FAR I !

Sisters and Brothers,

InI sighting a huge degree of similarity between the Egyptian Apet ceremony and the Ithiopin Timkat events of Jan 18-19,
forward of InI I-search.
Both include meditation, a parade of cangregations with wild dancing and playing similar musical instruments before Great relics.
"Drum harp sistra cymbal etc."
Similar sacred tabots / ark / ship like relic carried by high priests or Kher hebs.
Climax is also purification in water before return march to its resting place of origin.
Although the modern day EOC has seemed to confuse this with the Christian invention of the epiphany, honoring
the baptizing by water of Jesus.
This Ancient Timkat is much older than Jesus Christ and obviously includes re-visions added to bring suitable reason and importance to the forgotten Incient origin of these ceremonies,therefore placing it in line with the modern goals and ideals of the half Christian EOC. (Absolutly no DisRaspect intended to InI Spiritual Bredren and Sistren of the EOC of course)!

More clues =
During Apet, ship like containers were bore on Kher hebs shoulders by means of staves.
Just like the Ark of Jah is by the ithiopian Priests.

The Kebra Nagast describes the Ark at one point as 'the belly of a ship'.
The western wall of the Temple at Karnak shows the "Arks" Carried forth to Luxor and the bank of the Nile where elaborate rituals were performed, while Karnaks eastern temple wall shows its ceremonial procession return along the Nile, deposited back with due ceremony. Just like Timkat with Ini Tabotats, baptising Laity in the lake next to the old castle at Gondar. Same thing at Axum and Every other Raspctable Temple of Ithiopia.

Corroboration from the 1884 book 'Fresh light from the ancient monuments'
States " The law and rituals of the Israelites have been derived from many sources. Amongst these were 'various festivals and fasts' in which

the Gods were carried in procession in 'ships', which, as we learn from the sculptures, resembled in form the Hebrew Ark, and were borne on Mens shoulders by means of staves." These statues had been Various Deity from the Pantheon and were made of stone. The Tabot of Moses was made of stone and placed in the ark. Over the years the 'ships' looked
more time like chests and less like ships.
In fact, I believe a fallen stele in Axum to have a carving, the earliest Axumite representation of the Ark of the covenant, that looks IDENTICAL to a chest like container found in the burial chamber of TutANKHamen!
(at least 100 years before Moses led the Exodus)

Luxor in Arabic = L'Ouqsor meaning Place of Palaces.
Earlier d area of L'Ouqsor and Karnak were referred to as Thebai by the Greek.
InI am familiar with its neo-euro-mutated pronunciation as Thebes.
I believe Greek derived Thebai from Tapet. The Female form of Tapet is Apet. Apet is the Festival the area of Luxor and Karnak were originally famous for in those times.
Ithiopic Tabot is derived from Hebrew Tebah which in turn is derived from egyptian Tapet. Tebah in Hebrew means "ship like container"
as I read in the Ible describing the Ark of Noah and the Ark of bulrushes containing the infant Moses as 'Tebah'.

Feel me? Am I stretching too far?
Any ones thoughts regarding this?
Each one teach one is InI Keystone to Educational Independence.
I give advance Thankhs, powerful Lions and Lionesses!
More Love Iverytime!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/2/2016 7:36:25 PM

Greetinz,

Nice read! InI sight that the two are most definitely connected!

In 1990 Graham Hancock made the following observation at Luxor, "It was barely three months since I had attended Timkat.... The details of the ceremonials that I had witnessed during those two days of religious frenzy were therefore still fresh in my mind— so fresh in fact that I could hardly fail to note the similarities between them and the ecstatic procession portrayed on the time-worn stones of this Egyptian temple. Both events, I realized, focused around a kind of 'Ark worship,' with the Arks being borne aloft by groups of priests and adored by hysterical crowds. Nor was this all: Timkat had been characterized by the performance of wild dances and the playing of musical instruments before the Arks. This sort of behavior it was now clear, had also been an intrinsic part of the Apet festival, right down to the types of musical instruments used."

Festivals of the Arks

"At the great temple of Luxor in Upper Egypt, carved in stone is "a permanent and richly illustrated account of the important 'Festival of Apet' which had been inscribed here in the fourteenth century BC on Tutankhamen's direct orders....In what seemed to be a massive and joyous procession I was able to make out the shapes of several different Ark-like boats being carried on the shoulders of several different groups of priests, before whom musicians played on sistra and a variety of other instruments, acrobats performed, and people danced and sang, clapping their hands in excitement." - Graham Hancock, The Sign and the Seal

FESTIVAL OF APET

FESTIVAL OF TIMKET

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 5/2/2016 9:22:29 PM

Bless up Rasta Goddess.
Thanks for the comments.
I did read the sign and the seal but I did not remember/notice Graham Hancocks description of Festival of the arks, a credible modern corroboration.
Nice pictures too, thankhs again.
The Lioness really on top of all these Incient truths uh?
Impressive wealth of knowledge

What d I make of the planes ina d Addis painting? French? was with dat

Also how Queen Makeda is in the Ark in the last pic, and Mary is strongly associated with the Ark in Ithiopia as the vessel containing the Messiah.
As if the Ark is also a metaphor for a Divine Female who produces a God or God like object. The temples that have been constructed to house the Ark in Ithiopia are always named after Mary no?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/2/2016 10:20:20 PM

Give thankhs Evison. InI am simply an avid student of Incient Truths :)

I have absolutely NO idea what those planes are! I hadn't even noticed, but I'm going to have to assume that they are Italian planes. I could be wrong.

The Ark of the Covenant is a most definitely symbol of the Universal Mother, or Divine Feminine. It is said that "The Ark of the Covenant is up in Heaven, all of it's power absorbed in Mary"

"Ships were associated with orgiastic rites from the earliest manifestations of the ship as a womb symbol and an earthly imitation of the crescent moon. Oriental sages called the moon "the Ark or vessel of boat-like shape, symbol of fertility or the Container of the Germ of all life."

"Thus the ark was a female container for a male god. Mary, God's consort in her later form, often received the title of "Ark." Semitic Arek, "ark," descended from Hindu Argha, "great ship," metaphorically the Great Yoni: a female-sexual vessel bearing seeds of life through the sea of chaos between destruction of one cosmos and creation of the next."

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 5/2/2016 10:44:42 PM

Well.....OK then Sistren!

I first thought was clearly Italian also,
given the date and history of the 2.
I wonder if the invasion of the fascist interrupted the Timkat of 1935?
Coincidence or Intentional of Italy?
but the flag looked more blue than green like a french flag which makes no sense, probably I screen color off a lilbit.

Wonderful elaboration on I suspicions of the Iniversal ark momma theory.
again thankhs all ways for d lessons.

Do d I feel the Ark of Moses or at least the original Tabotat of Moses was or is in St.Marys church in Axum? to this day?

no one can know for sure except the guardian Monk and JAH.
I curious tho if d I have any thoughts

Interesting how so many great Incient Heros are saved from water.
Noah, Moses and Osiris included.and more. Moses name even means saved from water in Egyptian. Giant Arks buried near d pyramids could have sailed around the Earth.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/3/2016 10:40:36 AM

Beautiful reasoning and images... Give thankhs + Ises for the Iducation.

About the planes, I am not sure if the I's have a different color balance on the computer screen, but the flag on the plane wings looks clearly green, gold, and red to I&I. I saw it as a reference to Selassie I establishing the Ethiopian airline, although I am not sure which year that occurred.

Blessed Love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/3/2016 11:12:32 AM

Some esoteric symbolism of The Ark

The ark of the covenant is your brain, the light is when you have lit the pineal gland and the fornix (furnace) goes on fire, you recieve the light from above in meditation, in the east its called KUNDALINI, in the bible its referred to as the SEVEN seals.

Here's a little more food for thought Bill Donahue (SuperNova):

THE ARK OF THE COVENANT - NOAHS ARK

Let me suggest to you that the Ark of the Covenant and is actually the Arc of the Covenant and Noahs Ark is actually Noahs Arc. What is an Arc ?. An Arc is defined as a continuous passage of an electric current between two or more separated carbon or other electrodes. Nerve
impulses in the human body are triggered across synapse's. These are electrical impulses. In the brain the impulse Arcs from one receptor to the other.

As we are in meditation we are receiving light energy through the Pineal Gland which then causes Arcs of electricity from receptor to receptor. The covenant is the elctrical light message flowing to us from above that keeps us forever in harmony with the universal power.

As we take ourselves within during deep struggles. The storms are crashing about on every side. But the same electrical Arcs lift us , and when the storm has finally stopped, we find we are standing on the mountain top . We have taken our animal nature, both positive and
negative, (two of every kind) with us and weathered the storm. These are inner experiences of consciousness achieved through electrical Arcs, or should I say Arks."

Oh, and by the way. If angles of light cause Arcs in the brain, could we be reasonable to suggest Archangels or should we say Arc-angles"

Therefore it should come to no surprise that it is ONLY Ethiopian (Black/Melanated) High Priests which are entrusted to be the gardians of the ARK (ANKH) OF THE COVENANT.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 5/3/2016 1:22:40 PM

Yes I Jah child
the observation of red gold and green on the plane wings allowed I to fine tune I monitor to more accurate settings finally.
Lol I Give thankhs.
InI help each other in so many ways and degrees of importance...

Wowzer! alot to Igest about the Ark Arc pineal relationship theory. I will ponder and respond in JAH time Sistren Rasta Goddess....
So does this suggest D I believe the Arks to be a metaphor only?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/3/2016 4:35:24 PM

I think there is a physical and a spiritual/esoteric Ark.

Rather then accepting the biblical allegories at "face value", or literally, on the surface level, one must real-eyez that they are KEYS to INNER MYSTERIES, to our inner sanctum, our "Holy of Holies"

I think that if there is in fact a physical Ark, it is purely SYMBOLIC of the Cosmological Principles of Creation and the awakening and transcendence of Man's consciousness.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/3/2016 5:39:58 PM

CREATION MYTH / ARK / DOGON

Aduno koro, an "ark of the world" meant to represent the mythic ark sent by Amma to reorganize and populate the world. The aduno koro displays a wealth of imagery relating to the Dogon account of genesis. Holding the eight original human ancestors and everything they needed for life on earth, the ark was guided by Nommo, the primordial being who created order within the universe. When the ark settled on the ground, Nommo transformed himself into a horse and transported the eight ancestors across the earth to water, where the ark floated like a boat.

As a matter of interest, the Dogon construct a representation of the ark which is left in every home for ritual purposes; it is woven from dry leaves into a boat shaped basket.

DOGON ARK

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL NOAH'S ARK

JUDEO CHRISTIAN ARK OF THE COVENANT

NU ANKH OR NOAH'S ARK?

Many scholars believe that what is described, in the scripture, as the Noah's Ark is actually an ancient Egyptian royal yacht called Nu Ankh or the boat of great King Khufu - in Medu Neter, Nu is water and Ankh is eternal life (i.e., the union of male and female principles)

Historians and archeologists have been digging all over North East Africa (now called the Middle East) for the scripture Noah's Ark, but as they have found nothing to corroborate every other story in the scriptures, they have found nothing remotely similar to Noah’s Ark. However, you can travel to Egypt today and view the 4000-5000 year old Nu Ankh or the royal boat.

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I