Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6470&start_row=1

Slavery in Exodus 21

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH-G, Ras Scott Sent: 4/1/2016 3:18:41 AM

How does I overstand the contradiction of human ownership in Exodus? In the same book where I and I escaped slavery from Egypt, rules are set forth to I and I on how slavery is to operate from Exodus 21:2:
“When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing.

much of this goes on to describe the rules of a slaves children becoming his master's property and that selling your daughter is allowed and the punishments for any person to lose a limb for a limb or tooth for a tooth.

and then it goes onto say from Exodus 21:20-21:
"When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.”
‭;‭;
Is this is a symptom of the Towel of Babel? I and I know that JAH know slavery is not livity, how do I and I defend against the advocation of Biblical slavery? How does JAH word corrupt and then seem to balance with JAH-Love?

Do I and I simply seek an overstanding to the context of history and push to a livolution of higher livication to overstand the True JAH-Love, how do I and I interpret this segment of ripture. Are human writers of the Bible just flawed to express what is an extinct tradition of culture or is this a way to bridge a divide and repentance to the Egyptian master that I and I were freed from? Do I and I view this as a misinterpretation? I seek to know because a breda felt discouragment and word of corruption from de Holy Book. I too feel religion is no spirit of JAH but a building of selffish and unwise man.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 4/1/2016 6:08:52 AM

Blessed love.

When one read the bible, you should keep the GOOD in the book, and let go of the BAD. Your irits will show you whats good ina d bible and what is bad/evil. In the bible both good and bad are mixed together. So as I said, keep the good teachings and reject the bad.

I and I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafari!

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I