Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6413&start_row=1

Just some of the many names of our God Jah Rastafari, Haile Selassie I

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/9/2016 5:24:31 PM

Abbaba Janhoy; Father Majesty. (See Asfa-Wossen Asserate‘s new novel ‘King of Kings’ for comments)

Abba Tekal; Father who unites all. (Horse/Warrior name, ibid.)

Tafari Makonnen; Revered Judge (born name).

Negusa Negast; King of Kings (of Ethiopia, royal title, but also simply R.R., for Regum Rex, Latin).

Berhane Alem; Light of the World (see Abuna Yesehaq‘s An Integrally African Church for comments; also, Newspapers).

Tekele Amin; Plant of Truth. (from a Meweddis Praise-poem – to read some of the Meweddis poems, go to http://issuu.com/tafariverlag/).

Tserha Tsion; House of the Holy Spirit. (from a poem).

A Strong Pillar of Religion (from a poem).

Bunch of Grapes (from a poem).

Gospel that can save all (from a poem).

Hayle Selasse Krestos, Might of the Trinity, Christ (from a poem in the Melka Hayla Selasse).

Mr Strong (incognito name via Churchill).

Supreme Arbitor (sic) of the Ebb and Flow of the Tides (letter, regarding Somali coastal relations, c. 1950s?)

Shadow of God Upon the Earth (letter/news document, probably erroneous as traditionally a title of Islamic Sultan linegae).

The Lion of Judah (not simply the Imperial royal title; various documents concur including Newspapers and other documents).

Siyume Igziabeher; Elect of God (royal title).

Lord of Lords (potentially erroneous Axumite title, yet he definitively is Lord of Lords ‘Ras of Rases’, Raessi Reussan/Ra’sa Ra’usan: “Ras Tafari was proclaimed Ras of Rases, the Negus and heir to the throne….” & “Tafari was Regent under the titles of Ras of Rases…” (Times Herald from Olean, New York, August 19, 1935, Page, 7) & (The Real Abyssinia, Sir Charles Fernand Rey, Page 117).

H.I.M., His Imperial Majesty (note, Menen is H.I.M. Her Imperial Majesty. H.I.M. was also referred to as ‘Girmawi’, revering his Majesty).

Great David’s Greater Son (Rastafari use this to revere his lineage to King David).

‘JAH’ Ras Tafari, trans. ‘God’ Head to be Revered. (Rastafari title)

Jesus Selassie ‘I’ (Rastafari[an] title, pronounced ‘Jee’zus See’lah’see Eye’, a title used by Rastafari to venerate H.I.M., see Ijahman Levi‘s song for example).

Christ in His Kingly Character (from Scofield reference Bible, Rastafari title, see Garnett Silk’s song for example).

Jesus Haile Selassie the First (Rastafari title, see Tabot Rastafari Ministries for example).

Haile Selassie, Power of the Trinity (baptismal name).

Qedemawi Haile Selassie, Haile Selassie the First (Qedemawi added at coronation as regal title, from the root, Qedem).

Defender of the Faith (ecclesiastic, 1965).

Father of Africa (colloquial, due to OAU)

Haile Selassie ‘I’ (Rastafari title. Emphasis on the Roman numeral being pronounced Eye, as opposed to ‘the First’)

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/9/2016 6:19:29 PM

Give thanks for sharing this!

InI would humbly add HIM/AUSAR/ORI/ANU

Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 2/9/2016 6:30:08 PM

Give thanks RastaGoddess, i would humbly ask you to add those names with short explanation and and source when you have the time as i am interested but have no deep knowledge about those names.

Give thanks, Selassie I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/10/2016 10:08:48 AM

Here's the link to a post with all the details

HIM/AUSAR/ORI

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/10/2016 12:49:06 PM

Just as a historical side note, the title of "King of Kings" was used throughout Afrika thousands of years ago, from Amenhotep to
Mansa Musa who ruled as King of Kings or Emperor of the Malian Empire, and many others.

Izes

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2016 3:09:40 PM

Iest I

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 2/12/2016 8:52:00 AM

Girmawi Q'damawi Haile Selassie Jahoviah JAH Ras Tafari!

Mulungu

Jumala

King of Zion

King of Glory (psalms 24)

Earth's Rightful Ruler.

Creator maker and sustainer of the I-niverse (Universe)

Most High Selassie I JAH Ras Tafari

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I