Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6407&start_row=1

SUPERBOWL: THE BALLS THEORY

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/7/2016 9:02:45 AM

This being Superbowl Sunday, I thought it interesting to discuss the power of cultural SYMBOLISM in the world of sports.

This is not for the weak-heart. The intention is not to offend but to bring forth what may be considered as controversial, if not overstood in proper cultural and symbolic context.

"Whether symbols are sacred or mundane, they make up a significant part of any cultural fabric.  They have the power to transform a concept into a reality, to speak without words and to effect emotional responses from us.  Understanding the meaning behind symbolic behaviour and symbols themselves allows us great insight into our world and what we deem important and valuable."

Dr. Welsing once even postulated an amusing theory which explained popular American sports. It was called “The Balls Theory,” which argues that in games which are played with large brown balls—basketball, football—Black players have always dominated, but in golf and tennis, sports played with small white balls, White players have always ruled. At the end of the 20th century of course Tiger Woods, and Arthur Ashe, and other modern players became notable exceptions to that rule, but it still has much currency even today.

The following excerpt from Dr. Frances Cress Welsing’s The Isis Papers: The Keys to the Colors

In the game of billiards or pool, there are eight colored balls, a white ball and a long dark stick placed on a table. The object of the game is to use the long stick in causing the white ball to knock all of the colored balls under the table. The last colored ball knocked under the table is the black ball. When the game is over, the white ball is the only ball that remains on top of the table with the long dark stick. Then the game starts again.

. . . Interestingly, golf, the most “elite” of all of the ball games in the white supremacy culture, is played with a long dark-colored stick or “iron” held between the legs. This iron is smashed against the side of a very small white ball. The object is to knock this small white ball into a hole in the black earth (black mother earth — the Black female?).

. . . Is it a reflection of white male self-hate and self-rejection and rejection of the inadequacy of the white testicles (“balls”) that the games played with small white balls involve the balls being attacked, hit, struck and knocked far way from the body-in an act of masochism; whereas by contrast, the games played with large brown balls involve holding onto and possessing the balls? No large brown balls are struck with objects in the white supremacy culture’s popular ball games. There is indeed significance in these facts.

. . . Is it not also curious that when white males are young and vigorous, they attempt to master the large brown balls, but as they become older and wiser, they psychologically resign themselves to their inability to master the large brown balls? Their focus then shifts masochistically to hitting the tiny white golf balls in disgust and resignation — in full final realization of white genetic recessiveness. It would be of further interest to ascertain the number of army generals in the white supremacy system who play golf (demean white genetic material) while planning for race war or the destruction of non-white genetic material.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/7/2016 9:13:29 AM

I really have no interest in sports, but have known various people who do, and what is claimed in that post is so incorrect and even ridiculous. I am not saying this because I am offended in anyway, it is just a ridiculous claim without any merit.

Messenger: OrionXoo0 Sent: 2/7/2016 9:16:33 AM

Your sociological psychosexual analyses reign correct.. 99% of sports in the Mainstream are externalizations of a phallic mindset, to thrust, destroy, and simply to conquer..

Very linear..
in comparison to, some Eastern sports, arts which are more aesthetic and how should i say..

Circular - in that the discipline is about Physical-Emotional-& Spiritual let's say.. I won't talk much about the Martial Arts here cuz the connection is obvious instead..

I'll just say that potential is everywhere..
Converting something vulgar to a circular flowing Fractal geometric rhythmic yogic art.. that's alchemy..

redirecting energy channels,
reshaping something from aggressiveness & anger
to something like this

Messenger: OrionXoo0 Sent: 2/7/2016 9:57:04 AM

into something like this
utilizing principalities of circular triangular macro-micro
cosmic geometrics, movements and formations of atoms, stars
and enacting them in our physical bodies..

but you're right.. the faulted Western mind, constructs faulted arts and sports.. weak mind, weak physical constructs...

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/7/2016 1:26:36 PM

Indeed Orion! The whole circular/linear thing is played out in all aspects of life. In fact, everything, all energy, is broken down to rods and cones, circles and lines. This concept is also reflected in the ANKH and Ethiopian Cross.

The indigenous mindz are naturally circular in their thinking versus the western mind is typically more linear.

Give thanks for di I's response. Cool video by the way.

Messenger: OrionXoo0 Sent: 2/7/2016 1:50:13 PM

Yes, good day goddess, (:

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/10/2016 4:39:37 PM

Singer Beyoncé Knowles brought black liberation politics to the Super Bowl halftime show Sunday in a performance that appeared to pay tribute to the Black Panthers.

“As an original member of the Black Panther Party I thank Beyonce for her courage to make a statement on National TV. I am sure she understood the backlash that would follow her performance @ the 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl, so on behalf of The National Alumni Association of the Black Panther Party we thank you & salute you.”

Backed by a cadre of backup dancers sporting Black Panther berets, Beyoncé performed her new single “Formation” in homage to the Black Lives Matter movement.

At one point during the performance, the dancers formed an X seemingly in tribute to black Muslim activist Malcolm X and raised their fists in the “black power” salute.

The choreography wasn’t restricted to the football field; the halftime show was part of a marketing plan that put out messaging across multiple platforms, from social media to mainstream media.
A picture posted to Twitter also showed several of the performance’s backup dancers giving the black power salute while holding a sign reading, “Justice for Mario Woods.” Woods was shot by police after refusing to drop a knife in 2015

It’s the latest move by Knowles and husband Jay-Z to associate themselves with the Black Lives Matter movement. Just last week, Jay-Z announced he was giving $1.5 million from his struggling streaming music service Tidal to the Black Lives Matter movement and other groups.

On Saturday, Knowles suddenly dropped the music video for her new song “Formation.”

As Breitbart News reported, the video contains sequences involving white police officers harassing young black people, including a shot of graffiti that reads “stop shooting us.” The video also shows Beyoncé lying on a flooded New Orleans police car, in a reference to the Katrina disaster that many blame on George W. Bush.
An Instagram photo posted by Beyoncé’s mother Tina Knowles showed the black leather-clad dancers raising clenched fist in a Black Power salute — a powerful mix of iconic imagery guaranteed to grab eyeballs and make headlines.

Although Beyoncé was trying to capture headlines by using politically incendiary imagery, the songs lyrics are mostly about black identity, a theme that goes back to songs like James Brown’s “Say It Loud – I’m Black and I’m Proud.” Lyrics from the Beyoncé song include:

My daddy Alabama, Momma Louisiana
You mix that Negro with that Creole, make a Texas Bama
I like my baby hair with baby hair and afros
I like my Negro nose with Jackson 5 nostrils.

However, in 2016, black people being unashamed of being black is hardly newsworthy. Beyoncé grew up in comfortable middle-class surroundings, in a world created by unapologetically black artist and athletes like James Brown, Richard Pryor, and Muhammad Ali.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/11/2016 3:43:36 AM

The lyrics Start off promising then go off in too many other directions with a shade of effeminisation toward the black man......but I like the imagery in her video and performance. She smart though, the rest of them dress up like panthers while she dress up like MJ. Anyway, seeing the responses from white peoples has been entertaining more than shocking or surprising

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/11/2016 10:04:12 AM

I agree breddah. Though I am not a Beyonce or Jay-Z fan, I applaud the Black themed performance.

As far as the reaction from white folks...not surprising at all. They are using terms like "racist terrorist organization" to define the Black Panthers, all the while conveniently ignoring the true racist terrorist organization sanctioned and supported by the government: the police. While we are targeted and murdered DAILY, they prefer instead to focus on the artists exposing this fact.

We've seen and heard this many times. It come like broken record.

How many country singers display the Confederate flag? Hell, how many ggovernment buildings fly that flag? Ahhhhh, but this is considered good ol' American patriotism...

The glaring racist contradictions are obvious.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/12/2016 4:19:28 AM

White people responses to things like this is it because so many of them are so ignorant to history? Or Is this the result of a wider agenda to hyper sensitize white people to any racial subject matter (and vice versa) as it is illogical for someone to be offended by another person defending their own culture.

I think it was Jah Seeker who predicted a govt propelled race war for 2016. See how this pans out.....

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I