Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=640&start_row=1

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: BIGA FIRE Sent: 2/19/2005 1:49:38 AM

greetings mi idren in selassie i name that is the words of a man of rastafari, mans reward is no reward; jah reward is the only good reward there is. blessed luv...........BIGA FIRE

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/19/2005 2:18:46 AM

Is the I saying Jah is not man? And Haile Sellassie I is man so therefore not Jah?

blessed love

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/19/2005 2:32:19 AM

Haile Selassie I is Jah, but not every man is Jah. Only those that trod like Selassie I are Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: NegusNegas Sent: 2/19/2005 11:09:10 AM

greetings to all, what i'm going to say will probably offend the majority if not everyone on this site, first and formost haile selassie I is NOT JAH!!! he is no more jah then jesus was. I wouldn't even go as far to say that he (haile selassie) was a prophet. it's kind a weird to hear people say he is JAH when he had both mother and father, sons and daughters and he was TAUGHT from a young age( no one can TEACH the almighty anything, he does the teaching). It's true he is a direct decendent of solomon and queen mekeda and it's true that he sits or sat on the thrown of king david, which is considered JAH's thrown on earth but so did king david and the rest of the 2 hundred and odd kings that sat there prior to him. as a matter of fact i have an exert of where his majesty was being interviewed where he was asked about his divineship and he said himself that he was NOT JAH but a devout christian. The same accusations you guys are making towards haile selassie are the same ones the people of long ago made about jesus the christ(and most still do today). GOD on earth = GOD as man = nonsense, a pagan diety at most, brothers and sisters we are talking about something so very important as your SPIRIT don't lose it over a pagan diety. no man on earth has seen JAH. the closest man ever came to seeing jah was through his messengers (angels) when they came in the name of the almighty to minister to man. One last thing the name haile selassie means power to the TRINITY. If you would read your bible, you would overstand that THERE IS NOTHING IN THE BIBLE THAT MENTIONS A TRINITY. The trinity is another pagan diety wake up my people.....let me give you guys an example........

here is JAH THE CREATOR

here is THE ANGELS

here is MANKIND

in the realm of JAH, there is no one else there besides himself, there's no son, no holy ghost or any of that... just JAH himself with no co-equal, no partner, no lover, NO ONE. and that is proven through out the bible.

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/19/2005 12:32:28 PM

Haile Selassie IS Jah.

But so are we all, in a way. As sons of creation, and made in His image, we are all a part of Jah. The body of man is Jah's temple. His Majesty is King of Kings..... Jah gave the earth to David, and his sons, and thier sons. The only throne on earth that has the right to claim the title of King of the Earth, is that of His Majesty. I agree that His Majesty is not physically Jah, and neither was Yeshweh... in those words, but at the same time they both are. Of course His Majesty is a man... that's what He is -He is our King. Elect of Jah, Light of the Trinity, Ruler of Earth. He is not only our King, but King of the World, seen?? I was talking to my bredren last night about this, and was explaining that when His Majesty spoke, often the person He was speaking to was confused, or thought He was not answering the questions. If we look at the answers His Majesty gave, with wisdom and overstanding, we see that He answered the questions exactly as they were asked. If someone addresses the King with stupidity, His Majesty will answer in kind. If a man asked His Majesty if He is Christ, He would say no.. If asked if He is Almighty Jah, He would say no... but if asked if He is the rightful heir to the throne of King David and Solomon, and the one who sits on the throne of King of Kings, He would be lying to say no... His Majesty was more wise in His "foolishness" than most wise men are in thier wisdom. He never spoke to mislead His people, only to guide them to truth. Think about it. He is not Jah as far as -He did not physically create Earth and everything in it, but He is Jah in the sense that Jah appointed Him to rule Earth, and lives in Him. As sons of creation with one rightful King, we have a responsibility to stop bickering about His Majesty and hail Him as who He is, our King, the only King. The way to salvation, -the closest to Jah a physical man can be, seen?

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 2/19/2005 12:39:07 PM

The I calls the Iself NegusNegas as that was the name given to I Jah and King Haile Sellassie the First meaning King of Kings. It is man that receives the title of King.

If ones are firm in their faith, there should be no one to be offended by your post. Let me show the I something, to know RastafarI is to know Jah dwells in Man and Almight JAH is a living man. InI do not praise a god that InI cannot see or know like the christians of today.

To be zion bound, one must have an aim of perfection, InI can look to no other than Haile Sellassie the First as HIM shows InI perfection. Ras TafarI teaches InI everything. Give thanks.

More guidance

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/19/2005 12:51:44 PM

SisMenenI, Well spoken as usual.

You are to be respected. wisdom lives in you.

Respect and Love... Jah Bless

Messenger: NegusNegas Sent: 2/19/2005 1:11:46 PM

so when you prey are you preying to someone you SEE....when jesus, abraham, issac, moses, elijah, david, solomon and the rest of them preyed, are they preying to someone thay saw or seen? when queen mekeda left ethiopia to go see soloman did she not say that in her land the people worshipped the sun and other idols and that she wanted to know the god of isreal? the same god who she NEVER seen is the same god she started worshipping as the true and living god, the god of isreal. come on people listen to what you are saying, i'm not bashing the rasta faith i just want to expose the fallacy that SOME of you guys hold as true....jah was never a man. never will he be. and if you think he was please give scriptural quotes. i'm not here to put down but to learn....each one teach one but we must be taught the truth

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/19/2005 1:21:12 PM

Respect, Breddaman

I think it is funny though, that the I used the word "prey" in place of "pray"

We breethe air, and we can't see it... does that mean it's not there? We hear sounds, but can't see sound... I and I know Jah lives in us, and if I need to see the Almighty, I look to a baby. In thier eyes, I see Jah. If I gaze into a baby's eyes, I get very emmotional, and know it is Jah inside there. His Majesty is our King, and sits on the throne. It is good you are here, bredren, to not only learn for yourself (as this is a great source of wisdom), but also to bring things to the table.

Maximum Respect and Love Guidance, Idren

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/19/2005 4:13:44 PM

that perspective, NegusNegas, while valid is a perspective of he that is not a man. A human can never, and should never, become more than hue-man. Only a being who is outside of the confines of physical being has need of praise to the Creator of all things directly. Hue-mans are an extention of God, a specific creation given the opertunity to choose the path of rightiousness or the path of wickedness. From the time of Adam until the time of judgment is an opertunity to attain perfection. Along the way they are given chances to follow by example. Not only the man called Haile Selassie I, but also was the man called Jesus, the man called Buddah, the man called Mohammed, the man called Abraham, etc. The point is hue-mans were given this planet in order to attain oneness. Should you be an angel, or any of the other non human beings, your reasoning of Haile Selassie being just a profit and not the living God, would be completely valid.
In other words, if you were the only thing in physical existance, you would be God. But as you are not, there is God in everything that is, some things are just closer than others. You must as a hue-man strive to attain the perfection that is intended for you in order to truly know God.

Love Peace and FREEDOM
Empress Nzingha

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I