Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6398&start_row=11

Fqr from Shashemane

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/16/2016 7:41:00 AM

Selam ina Teyna yistilign

Yesterday there was a riot in Abusto (downtown region) of Shashemane. From what I heard, 6 people died. The cause apparently was dissatisfaction with the government. There were bombings of government buildings like the prison and the administrative offices. This is what I hear from word of mouth. Everyone is surprised and dismayed because nothing like this has happened in Shashemane before. Many people did not keep their businesses open last night and today many people are not working. I am wondering if the I's have seen any news reported or if it will be reported about this.

JAH love and guidance be with the I's

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 2/20/2016 12:58:57 AM

Ethiopia (Security threat level - 4): On 18 February 2016, the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa issued a Security Message, which reads in part as follows: “The U.S. Embassy is monitoring recent reports of violence in the region around Shashamane in Oromia State. The U.S. Embassy is restricting travel of all U.S. Chief of Mission employees on the corridor between Shashamane and Mojo at this time. “Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security and follow instructions of local authorities.”

http://www.ayyaantuu.net/oromo-protests-dozens-die-in-west-aris-protests-situation-extremely-volatile-police-officer/

http://www.ayyaantuu.net/category/oromia/

Ethiopia: Unity in Opposition (must read for up to date state of Ethiopia)
http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/02/19/ethiopia-unity-in-opposition/

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 3/9/2016 6:36:03 AM

Give thankhs Ras Jesse for sharing those news sources. The first two are not coming through for I, hopefully tho everyone else can read them.

From what I see and hear now around Shashemane, the fighting has calmed down. I am not sure because in the area I stay, the violence didnt come there.

I have been in Shashemane over 1 month now, and I am seeing and appreciloving how many RastafarI people and establishments are here. Especially in the areas of Zeiro-asr (0-10), and Nok. Getting to know and love the area more... Give thankhs JAH. Hoping to see more and more Idren come and sight, and even come and stay.

Anyone who wanna come and visit, let I&I know, I have space for the I.

JAH Love (fqr) from Shashemane

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/12/2016 11:46:55 PM

Love and Honor All
I am finally in a place where the internet will allow for uploading photos, so I am very happy to be able to bring to the I's some images from Shashemane and the surrounding areas.

The first photo is a sunset in the streets of Zeiro-And (0-1) in Shashemane...

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/12/2016 11:51:11 PM

In the Nok area of Shashemane, there is a tiny art gallery called Banana Leaf Art Gallery. Not only does this place have amazing creations all made from banana leaves, but this is also the resting place of several artifacts from Haile Selassie I's reign.
This image is one of Haile Selassie I's cap and those of his two officers.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/12/2016 11:54:09 PM

Haile Selassie I's medals (in Banana Leaf Art Gallery)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/12/2016 11:56:16 PM

Haile Selassie I's military decoration (inside Banana Leaf Art Gallery)

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/13/2016 12:03:01 AM

Wendo Genet Mountains

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/13/2016 12:48:18 AM

JAH is Real
Nok, Shashemane

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 10/13/2016 3:31:59 AM

Very Nice (Nzuri Sana) Images Malkia JahCHild.
Give Thankhs for the sharing these.
& the Priest isaac swahili lesson was very helpful too.

Is D I a Trod forward to Shash Now?
in same time zone as nairobi aswell? noCal was Good?

Can D I give we a tip on how to upload images?
Use some other web site first?
Would love to share some of Morogoro

Menen I show us the way

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I