Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6396&start_row=1

JESUS CHRIST SAID COME TO ME....YOU WILL NEVER THIRST

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: African_Warrior_King Sent: 2/2/2016 4:48:33 PM

JESUS CHRIST IN JAH, JAH IN JESUS CHRIST, JESUS CHRIST IN INI.
JAH IS LOVE, JESUS CHRIST IS LOVE
ONESS WITH LOVE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST WHO LOVED I N I N RECONCILED INI EVEN THROUGH DEATH AT THE CROSS
WE BECOME LOVE
LOVE IS ITERNAL LIFE FORCE
LOVE IS ITERNAL LIFE
LOVE N LIVE ITERNAL
WE ARE ITERNAL
JAH!

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 2/2/2016 11:36:29 PM

Yes I, Ises to Him who is earths Rightful Ruler, the whole earth is full of His glory.

Philippians 2:5-11
5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/3/2016 6:27:34 AM

How come Jesus tells some people they will never thirst or never starve and yet the majority of the world, are closer to starving than not? Jesus favouritisms been there since day 1, with the whole 'chosen people' while everyone else cursed.

Joseph I, is it still prophecy that every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus is the Lord; when InI tongue never get confused like that, and InI don't bow? It says "every" and it almost was every thanks to white supremacys propagation of the Christian faith, but it's still never quite making it to "every." Doesn't this render the prophecy as false? So why still use it?
All I got from that was to (dangerously) tell people to be humble and serve this ya 'God' to the "point of death" so you can be venerated after death :-/ Suffer now and I will reward you when u gone is a Christian classic...

Messenger: African_Warrior_King Sent: 2/3/2016 7:57:56 AM

Greetings GARVEYS AFRICA
It is HIM Emperor Haile Sellasie I Himself who also taught about Jesus Christ.
I dont signt how the I feel whenever someone mention the name Jesus Christ. He was a demostration of Love! Jah as human but still did not claim to be Jah.
How would Rasta know Image ah Jah if not for Haile Sellasie, same thing how would creation know the image a Jah if not for Jesus Christ.
Whether the I dem no like it, every knee shall bow when finally the Truth shall be reveil, when babylon fall you will sight many christian who called on Jesus Christ for their own needs but did not choose to follow HIM. Two things here GARVEYS AFRICA
we worship The Trinity, God the Father, God the son and God the Holyspirit which links us to all. How do you love the Father if you dont Love the son? If you dont know the Son, how do you know the Father? The son and the Father are one.

Messenger: African_Warrior_King Sent: 2/3/2016 8:04:45 AM

Garvey Africa
You shall never thirst! Jesus Christ meant spiritual fullness. Most people have everything but still feel the need of something. Vanity has no satisfaction.
Jesus Christ told us to leave vanity and follow Him to iverlasting fullness of ital iration. oneness with the ever living Almighty Father, God of Abrahsm,Isaach amd Jacob, God of David! as i sight here iternal life is not fueled by food for food is good but Love Jesus Christ Jah Oneness is the Truth iverlasting waters for I n i to suckle n never thirst!
bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/3/2016 9:06:00 AM

So by never thirst you mean metaphorically? In relation to spiritual fulfilment. As you are aware of the many starving christians? So this can't be literal...... Going with the metaphorical route, in which with the truth of Jesus Christ ones will be spiritually fulfilled, and EVERY knee shall bow. To suggest that EVERY knee is suited to bowing to Jesus is the same dangerous and wicked thinking the Christian missionaries have had..... Not all people have to agree with YOUR individual spirituality and or religion! I don't blame you personally for this, this attitude is a direct symptom of judeochristianislamic doctrine. But don't pree my knee.....
Metaphorical or literal questions aside, I wonder how many more generations left dead and waiting have to pass until this Jesus decides the time is right to reveal some truth and stop this ya 'thirst.' InI have been under the rock for some time with the knowledge of Christ and Jesus still have we thirsty in every sense

Give thanks.

I man don't necessarily respond every time I see Jesus name but where I think things are being said out of repitition and common practice rather than people actually thinking for themselves will catch my attention...... If Jesus Christ told you you will never thirst you can expect this to raise interest / curiosity or am I to just Hail Christ and keep it moving. InI ask questions! Remember not every I see Jesus as a historical character and not every Ras see Jesus = HIM.

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 2/3/2016 4:14:34 PM

Here's a Ras' testimony which is relevant to the topic here.

The Testimony of Bro Karl Naphtali Phillpotts

What I Testify as My Understanding of the Growth and Development of the Theology and Faith of Rastafari – Followers of H.I.M Haile Selassie I. by Karl Phillpotts Naphtali.

1.We accept the Holy Bible, from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22, as the inspired Word of The Most High, The Father of the Universe.

2.We accept that God is a Spirit, the Creative Word, and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, for the Father seeketh such to Worship Him. (John4vs23-24)

3.We accept that man's body is the Temple of the living God, and therefore is His Chief instrument. (1Corinthians3v16, 6v19)

4.We accept and proclaim with all our heart, soul, mind and strength that Jesus, (known in our Hebrew tongue as Yeshua) who trod the earth 2000 years ago, is The Messiah, The Christ, The only begotten Son of The Father and The Saviour and Redeemer of Mankind. That He lived the perfect life and paid for our redemption from the curse of the Law, by His innocent blood (Hebrew9vs11-15, 22) And because no sin was found in Him, in that He was obedient to the Father even unto death, it was impossible for Death, the curse of the Law, to have dominion over Him. He therefore died for our sins and rose for our justification, laying down mortality and putting on immortality. And as such, being the first fruits of them that slept (Romans5v19) and restored to the original form that Adam was created, (i.e. immortal) it is Him Jesus who has fulfilled the seed that would come (Genesis3vs15) to bruise the head of the serpent, the devil, and will restore mankind to immortality and the Creation to perfection, in the Age to come. When he returns to overthrow the existing social, political, economic, and religious disorder and establish Gods Righteous Kingdom here on the earth (Daniel 2 vs44, Isiah54vs21-2). He will reign from the throne of David, from a New Jerusalem, and the resurrected Saints and the living Faithful will reign with Him as Kings and Priests upon the earth (Rev5 vs10).

5. We accept that Until then, as the Scripture teaches, The Kingdom of God will remain in the hands of the Sons of David, (2nd Chronicles 13vs5,8) to whom it was given by an everlasting Covenant, (Davidic Covenant, 2nd Samuel 7) as long as the Sun and Moon endure. This throne of God, established in the Royal House of David and King Solomon (2nd Chronicles 9 v 8) was transmitted to the Ethiopian Royal House via the Queen of Sheba who carried the Royal Seed from Solomon to Ethiopia.

6. The Kings of Ethiopia, descended from King David and King Solomon through Menelek1 are therefore of Divine origin, meaning that their throne was established by The Eternal Himself, when the children of Israel asked for a King, mainly because with their `fleshy' minds they could not understand that the Eternal was their King. (1Samuel 8vs1-9)(Psalms10vs16)(1Tim 1v17)

7. We as Rastafarians of the Twelve Tribes of Israel will never relinquish the Divinity of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie1. By this we mean that according to the anointing he has received, according to the Royal tradition, (1Samuel16vs12-13) the Spirit of The Most High rests upon him and His Words are in his mouth and speaks by his tongue. (2ndSamuel 23vs2-3) We accept His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie1 to be the 225th restorer of the Solomonic Dynasty. Therefore according to the Messianic Anointing he has received, His Imperial Majesty represents the Father and His Christ. We therefore hold that The Eternal Word, Manifested in Our Lord (Master) Jesus the Christ (Anointed) has been revealed to us the Rastafarian brethren and sisters of the twelve tribes of Israel through the personality of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie1.

8.As we accept that God is a Spirit, in the physical absence of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie 1, the throne as promised will continue in the hands of the sons of David UNTIL Shiloh comes. Let it be noted that as His Imperial Majesty has appointed Crown Prince Zere Yacob Asfa Wossen Haile Selassi1, (14th April1974) his successor to the throne of David, we accept that the throne is now in his hands. (See last two formal pronouncements of Emperor Haile Selassie1 in Edward Ullendorff's Journal of Semitic Studies, Vol.22, 1977;pp209-210) And this Monarchy, wherever residing, will continue as a Light to the fact that the House of David will hold, preserve, and be custodians of this throne in the earth until Shiloh, comes.

9. We accept that the Scepter, that is, the Divine Authority to rule in God's stead or Custodianship of God's throne will not leave the House of Judah, Until Shiloh comes (Genesis 49vs10). Kings from this House have come and have gone, but the one whose right it is (Shiloh) will be seated upon the throne from everlasting to everlasting, not temporarily or over a temporary dispensable Kingdom (St.Luke1vs31-32). This means that He that is to come will be the immortal King ruling eternally. He is the Lamb that was slain, (Rev 5vs 9–10) 2000 years ago in Jerusalem, and rose from the grave and He whom the Heavens must retain, ((Acts3vs 20-21) UNTIL the restoration of all things spoken of by the Prophets since the world began (Acts 3vs 25-26). It is this same Jesus (Hebrew13v8, Acts1v11) the Lamb of God that was found worthy and is now seated at the right hand of the Father Until He Has put all enemies under His feet. It is He Jesus, the non-cohabited body of Christ who will inaugurate the Kingdom of God in the Age to come, the Millennium, the reign of Christ for a thousand years. His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie1 and the Royal House is the cohabited body of Christ who holds the throne until Shiloh comes.

10. We believe that what has been preached in the name of Christ and in the name of Christianity by most Churches, has too often been a doctrine about Jesus but not what Jesus taught. (Galatians1vs6-8). We believe that when the Roman and Greek mind took over the interpretation of the Scriptures, instead of the Hebrew mind, the world was deceived into believing in another Jesus, the image of a Greek god, rather than the historical Jesus, the Son of God. (Rev.12vs9) Jesus was sent by His Father to proclaim or herald the Good News about the coming Kingdom of God to earth and that we were to repent and believe in this message for the Kingdom was at hand or near. (Luke 4v43, Mark 1vs14-15). When we accept this Word, this seed, this message, we conceive and new life, a new birth occurs in us, (born again) and `quickens' us towards immortality in the Age to come. It is in understanding and belief upon the Words that Jesus spoke that gives life, the seed of immortality. (Luke 8vs11-12). And we must also accept that it is His blood that paid the ransom to open the gates of immortality once again as it was in the beginning before the fall of Man. So shall it be in the end, when all the Saints that sleep will be awakened, or resurrected with an immortal glorious body and the creation restored to its glorious state, as it was in the beginning (Philippians3vs20-21) (Acts24vs14-15, & 26vs28-23)

11. Those who embrace this Hope, this Faith that the Twelve Tribes of Israel waited earnestly for day and night, have the Faith of Abraham and all the prophets of God. Those are therefore the seed of Abraham and therefore inheritors of the promises made to Abraham. This is the Promise of a land - grant, not in the sky but right here on earth where the Meek shall inherit the land or earth. It is promised to the Faithful, IRRESPECTIVE OF RACE, NATIONALITY, OR GENDER. These are the Israel of God, the New Israel. To them will be given the disputed land when Messiah returns. Those who have suffered for this faith in Messiah (Christ), in the regeneration, they will be given twelve thrones, Judging (administering) the 12 tribes of Israel. (Luke22v29-30) 12. Until then we believe that Ethiopia is our place of refuge, as Jacob took refuge in the tents of Ham. We accept the legitimate right of all African descendants to Repatriate to the land of our forefathers, Africa. The land given to us by our King in Shashamane should be developed to sustain ourselves during the Great tribulation. This is also part of the Holy Land.

13. We accept that as followers of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie1, (whose pre- coronation name was Ras Tafari) we MUST study and obey His teachings and follow his example and not the traditions, sayings of anyone which are contrary to his words or the Holy Bible. His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie 1, Himself a follower of Jesus, and holding the title of Defender of the Faith and leader of the most ancient Christian Nation on earth, Ethiopia, has commanded us to: "…arise with the spiritual zeal and earnestness which characterized the Apostles and early Christians and let us lead our brothers and sisters to Our Saviour Jesus, Who only give life in its fullest sense". If we claim to love Him we should follow His example and Teachings. 14.We also declare the Prophet Gad as the Rastafarian who pointed us to the Holy Bible, The Historical Jesus, The identity of the Twelve Tribes of Israel, Jerusalem, Shashamanne Ethiopia and the Ethiopian Royal Family. Glory be to the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

The Challenge to our Faith, the Words of the King.

Greetings, My beloved Brothers and Sister of the Faith. I greet all in the name of my precious Lord and Saviour Yeshua the Messiah(Jesus Christ) who has revealed Himself through the personality of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I, King of Kings, Lion of the tribe of Judah , Elect of God, Light of the World. Peace be to your House.

I give thanks to Ras Adam for forwarding a Document “ My Testimony” through this medium.

The Testimony of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I Himself, inspired this testimony. His words are a light unto our feet, and the guide for all who seek to find the correct path. As a Rastafarian from youth I have never ceased, even to this hour to seek to follow and accept the words of my King, through whom the Most High has spoken , and by whose words on matters of the Faith I was inspired to compile and share as a major source to bring more clarity to understanding of the Faith.

However what amazes me is how many of my brothers who call by His Majesty’s name, especially those who have been blessed to receive an education, even printed his words, continue to deny the reality of His Testimony, and the meaning of his words. It is like a man looking at himself in a mirror and denying what he sees. Why is this so? Is it because what he sees in the Kings words contradict what he has been led to believe, contradicts his preconceived notions, or in sum contradicts the man made doctrines and traditions handed down to him?

As in the times of Yeshua the Hebrew Messiah, The Master and Saviour of Mankind, Satan’s chief weapon used against Him was the tradition of His own kinsmen of the religious hierarchy. By holding to their misconceptions of Scripture and to their man made traditions, they made void or empty the commandments of Jah.

One reason he was crucified, was because he broke from the tradition of the (religious) establishment that was perpetuating ignorance and darkness. In response to the question of the Scribes as to why His disciples transgressed the tradition of the elders, Jesus answered: Matthew 15vs 3,6,9

…Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God with your tradition?

…Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

…But in vain they do worship me teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Brothers and Sisters must never be intimidated by anyone to think that because they accept the reality of His Majesty’s teachings, they are less a Rastafarian than any other. Rather to the contrary. They that love HIM keep His commandments. In fact it is in keeping and living the teachings of His Majesty that anoints one as a Rastafarian.

Now let us proceed to the teachings of His Majesty, the paradigm of our Faith. I ask all the scholars to explain these plain words of the King which throw light on the original Way of the Church of the Nazarene.

Ø At this hour when I have found occasion and time to write the story of my life, I preface my writing by presenting the following prayer to my Creator and then continue this work.

Ø Lord Almighty, in whom there is no weakness, Eternal in whom there is no transience,( meaning no temporary existence)

Ø In admiring Your work as well as Your judgements , a created being, , even after much searching, cannot fathom them except to a limited extent.

Ø …And now I am setting out contemplating to write the story of my life from my thirteenth year until this time , on the basis of what You have wrought, making me Your Instrument.

Sorry for interrupting these prayerful and thought provoking words or our Imperial Majesty, but one is compelled to ask conscience or our learned scholars or elders this question; Who is the King praying to? Is it Himself? Explain with a clear conscience to our youths and people of Jamaica, Africa, and the world. Who is the King calling My Creator? Who is our King calling Lord Almighty, Eternal.

I confess whole heartedly to accept these plain words of my King and surrender to His words, even when they may contradict my preconceived notions or beliefs. To the youths and all who hath an ear to hear, the words of our Divine King are straightforward and simple. The Eternal is the I AM, JAH or YAWEH, the Self Existing One who continuously reveals Himself. The Eternal is He Who was and Who is and forever shall be. When man is like the flower that blooms today and is gone tomorrow it is the Word of Jah that shall abide forever. This is the Divine Spirit that spoke all things to into existence. The One that anoints and appoints and Who has made, Elected and Annointed His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I ( who never elected himself and whose name fully and rightly translated means Instrument of the Might of the Trinity) to His earthly throne, the throne of David to represent Him to us. …and the man who was raised upon high, the anointed of the God of Jacob… 2nd Samuel Chapter 23vs 1.

This is what I overstand or simply understand to be the plain words of the King when He says in his prayer to Jah, making me your instrument. Plain words, no big school needed to get the message, only a repentant heart.

Now let us again examine the Majesty’s Words, the utterances from the Most High through HIM just as how King David prayed in 2nd Samuel Chapter23vs2; The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me and His Word was in my tongue.

>I have the highest respect for the Bible as a whole. We also recognize the rightful name the Bible bears. We find that in all the periods of the Old Testament, the Patriarchs, Kings and Prophets, great miracles were done.

On the other hand the New Testament in which our Lord Himself gave the command to go to all the world and to preach is also of high value.

Then Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, the four gospels in which the sayings of our lord are recorded, are pillars for all men on earth. Therefore the Bible should not be cut in portions.

Forgive me once again brothers and sisters for stopping here in the middle of these divine utterances of light to ask another soul-searching question to our Assembly. His Majesty says that even the gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John are pillars for all men on earth.

So how can one deny accepting these Scriptures? Say what? This is the King James English version. Translate the Amharic or Geez version then. Say what? You can’t read it. Then give thanks for the version you can read which has been the source of inspiration to our elders.

Now please let us forward again to the words of our King for guidance.

Ø All the ancient Scriptures were written for our instruction, in order that through the encouragement they give Us, we may maintain our hope with fortitude.

Ø We in Ethiopia have one of the oldest versions of the Bible, but however old the version may be , in whatever language it is written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of Empire, all conception of race. It is Eternal.

Ø …Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He perplexed and know not whither he is drifting. But he must realize that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity.

Ø In it, man will find the solution for his present difficulties and guidance for future action,

Ø And unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, there can be no hope for salvation.

Ø For my part ,I glory in the Bible

Please allow me to close this days Testimony with a quote from St Luke Ch.5 vs.36-39, The words of the Master Messiah, Yeshua:

And he spake a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise then both both the new maketh a rent ,and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old.

And no man putteth new wine into old bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles perish .

But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

No man having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he sayeth, The old is better.

I think these Scriptures and Words of His Imperial Majesty are sufficient food for thought for I and I to meditate on this day that the Lord has made. Rejoice in it and be glad.

Part 2coming up: The crucial importance of Yeshua (Jesus) and Biblical Christianity and His Majesty’s advice on both subjects.

Thanks for reading. May the Spirit of the Most High watch over all his sheep an open our overstanding to the Scriptures and the Teachings of His Majesty. Karl Phillpotts Naphtali

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/4/2016 12:39:25 AM

It is no use, just circles of the same. EveryOne should Trod how the I them Sights to Trod, and share your Heights. You will not persuade someOne else who has no interest in those Heights. The only thing that happens is the same points are brought up by each opposing side, and neither changes their perception. They will just repeat the points again the next time.

If Ones and Ones say what they Sight, those that are meant for that Sight will Sight it, and those that aren't, won't. Instead of going through the same circles saying the same things, everyOne should instead build up their Heights both on their own and with other Ones, and it doesn't only have to be Ones with the exact same Heights, Ones and Ones with different Heights can build up their similar Heights, and sometimes Learn something from their different Heights.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 2/4/2016 10:10:29 AM

Fatrue!

Messenger: EVOLUTION Sent: 2/4/2016 1:29:06 PM

Very True....

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I