Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6384&start_row=11

HIM: Father of Pan Afrikanism

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/25/2016 8:38:44 AM

You can't change history to fit your agenda that Haile SELASSIE is being overprojected by InI. If he was the elected and chosen HEAD of the PanAfrican movement then I didn't make this up. I can't interpret this one way and you a next. It just is what it is.

HIM a King of Kings Of THE PanAfrican movement. There's no two three ways to look and analyse dat enno King it is what it is!

Still, the I point that many Rasta look to Haile SELASSIE and then stop, is an important one. Many I dem are not too too interest in any of the many many many other examples of African leaders warriors kings revolutionaries and so on which is sad. I can hear what you say iah, its a collective movement. Just here in this aspect, I don't see it as a overrated thing or a over hyped thing or that I'm taking anything away from Nkrumah by acknowledging the fact that he recognised HIM as the leader and went to HIM for help and advice. He attests to this himself in his revolutionary warfare book when describing the time before Ghana independence when he fled to Ethiopia to receive guerilla military training and supplies to fight the colonisers. HIM position was not jus a political label in the thing.

Casablanca bloc

Blessed love

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/25/2016 12:12:17 PM

Good reasonings Idren!

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/25/2016 12:59:55 PM

De point I man tryin to make is dat your belief dat HIM is king of kings or God (which is also de belief of many RASTAs) is not de belief held by most of us at home. Dis is not men't to disrespect HIM but its a fact dat HIM self know. Yu can come ina Africa & ask school children about dis things then yu'll get de idea of what I talk about. Brother I know yu idolise HIM so much dat yu bias in yo talk about HIM. Brother in reality there is no father of Africa /pan Africa besides Almighty Creator.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/25/2016 1:01:08 PM

De point I man tryin to make is dat your belief dat HIM is king of kings or God (which is also de belief of many RASTAs) is not de belief held by most of us at home. Dis is not men't to disrespect HIM but its a fact dat HIM self know. Yu can come ina Africa & ask school children about dis things then yu'll get de idea of what I talk about. Brother I know yu idolise HIM so much dat yu bias in yo talk about HIM. Brother in reality there is no father of Africa /pan Africa besides Almighty Creator.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/25/2016 1:18:25 PM

Since in yo belief HIM is de creator then he is de father of Pan Africa to yu. I man respect dat fo yu, but fo I & many ina mama land there is actualy no father but there are respected names in de struggle. Amongst dis names HIM is recognised but not as above others like yu believe. Many RASTAs see HIM as Almighty & I have no problem with dat since its their belief not mine but what dissapoint I is dat some tend to end up discrediting some great respected names in their efforts of worshiping HIM

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 1/25/2016 1:52:56 PM

So in conclusion, in as far as Pan Africa is concerned, I man say, we do not rate our Black heroes fo we respect all of them equaly for their efforts in de Black liberation struggle. This rating bisness tend to belittle de efforts of our Black heroes. In I personal oppinions Kings & other political leaders are ussualy priviledged people dat I feel their efforts is generaly lower than ordinary man. So in de struggle I respect de names of those who rise from humble background more than d priviledged

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/25/2016 4:11:51 PM

Bless up natty

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/25/2016 4:40:21 PM

Respect to the different perspectives brought forth, however I disagree that because many Africans on the continent do not know His Majesty or do not see HIM as Father of Pan Africanism, then he must not be.

I can't tell you how many Africans from the continent, as a direct result of whitewashed colonialism don't even know about Kemet and the African origins of Man and Civilizations.

Brainwashing ah gwaan EVERYWHERE...at home and abroad.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/25/2016 5:34:26 PM

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/25/2016 6:23:38 PM

True Goddess only it aint WASHING the brain dirtying it.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I