Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6383&start_row=11

The Oscars and PTAH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/22/2016 1:53:11 AM

Respectfully, HIM speeches about unity are well known, loved and appreciated by InI, but are not necessary or relative to this particular reasoning.

It is simple: The original (FIRST) people come from Ethiopia, born from the African Man/Woman. From then came ALL human beings and races. But not simultaneously. One can view this fact as "divisive" if they so choose, but i cant help but wonder if this might be a "knee-jerk reaction" to an uncomfortable truth?

There is a difference between giving a proper chronology and viewing it as divisive. There was/is a PROCESS, a TIME LINE.

Europeans and Afrikans were not created simultaneously. Period. Not an opinion but simple truth. From them...over a loooooong period of time, migrations, climate change and events, etc...the rest of humanity evolved into the various hues, phenotypes, etc.

In regards to Lucy, again, this is simple: call her what you will... We call this 3 ft 8 ETHIOPIAN bi pedal woman "The Grand Mother".

Reminiscent of the TWA people...known to us as the "seed people", the mothers/fathers of humanity.

Whist the Latin call her Australopithecus afarensis which means "Southern APE from Afar"...

Then again, Afrikan people are still considered 3/5th of a human being, according to european racist standards, definitions and constitutions

Since when is Rasta uncomfortable with the principle of Black Supremacy and the origins of Mankind coming out of and from Afrika?? How...and more importantly WHY does this come to be defined as "divisive"?

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/22/2016 7:12:24 AM

I agree that this MAY be correct tho science is proven "true" until more findings prove otherwise. Case in piont it was once "true" that ALL males descended from this one male ancestor until a South Carolina man proved otherwise, then several men from Cameroon also.

I dont see it as divisive that humanity started in Africa and ALL others stem from there, no that very well MAY be true. My thing is that IF group2 descends from group1 then group2 is really not different from group1 just modified. What im getting at is that IF Lucy is the mother ALL humanity then she is the Europeans mother also.

"My gr-gr-grandmother had two daughters that married White men some of those kids in turn married white. So today some of the descendants are pretty much fully which yet still my gr-gr-grandmother is their's too even tho they look waayy different."

When I speak of divisive I more talking of I history with the dividers, who divided mankind and labeled I as not fully man. Thats one reason why I put stress the IF on the whole OOA theory!

Live Up African Womban!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2016 9:32:46 AM

------------
Respectfully, HIM speeches about unity are well known, loved and appreciated by InI, but are not necessary or relative to this particular reasoning.
-----------

It seemed a relevant reply to what Voodooruuts said.

--------------
It is simple: The original (FIRST) people come from Ethiopia, born from the African Man/Woman. From then came ALL human beings and races
--------------

Yes, that is true, and just as I came from them, you also came from them. Neither of us have the same genetics as them, but we are both the human beings that came from them.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/22/2016 9:41:14 AM

Yes I breddah VDR. I believe that in my time sharing and building here in this forum, and the great reasonings you and I had in the "Global Afrikan" thread, that InI celebrate the fact that Mama Afrika is the mother of ALL, including europans. We ALL are linked by DNA to the original wombman.

Di I said:

"Case in piont it was once "true" that ALL males descended from this one male ancestor until a South Carolina man proved otherwise, then several men from Cameroon also"

Again, these are truths already known by InI ancestors. We left countless of statues, sacred writings and art reflecting and celebrating the Mother Principle. Yet another fine example of the western world's claim of "discovering" a truth known to us from the time the foundation of creation was laid. The "Johnny come lately" syndrome...

But Rasta Goddess, why the term Jonny Come Lately?, some of you may ask...

From a bird's eye view of the time line of creation, the chronology of man, the Caucasian is the last born child of Mama Afrika. When he crawled out of the caucus mountain caves (caveman), we had been building High Civilizations for thousands of years. In comparison to all other civilizations, the western world is relatively new. Hence my term "last child of creation"

Speaking as a mother, my youngest child...is...well...just that! My last child. Does this make him less my child? Am I being divisive by pointing out this chronological time frame? Of course not.

Speaking as a daughter of Afrika, our observation, based from a collective historical view, is that this last child has proven himself quite unruly. Full of violence, aggression and ego. One that has disrespected and murdered his ancient family. A murderer, liar and theif.

We, the original mothers, sit around this sacred ancestral fire called Time, and patiently observe his collective deeds. His contribution to creation, which has been quite destructive thus far. Will he self destruct?

Ya running and ya running
And ya running away.
And ya running away.
And ya running away.
Ya running and ya running,
But ya can't run away from yourself
Can't run away from yourself -
Can't run away from yourself.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 1/22/2016 10:19:10 AM

Yes I Goddess, the Global Afrikan thread actually sparked I responding to this one lol on our differences in who is African.

My reasoning behind the South Carolina and Cameroon males wasnt a reflect on the mother principle but on the holes in scientific "proofs" as thry can change with further developments. What it showed is that what scientists once thought they "knew", with further findings showed to be not true!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2016 10:36:15 AM

Regarding this,
--------------
this last child has proven himself quite unruly. Full of violence, aggression and ego. One that has disrespected and murdered his ancient family. A murderer, liar and theif.
--------------

Africa was not as violence free as you would like to imagine. People all through the world have always been slaughtering each other, the only thing that has changed is human's technological capability to slaughter each other more. There is evidence of violence and slaughter in bones found in all continents from many time periods, including ancient times in Africa.

The Europeans nations that performed wickedness against Africans also performed wickedness against other European nations. And not all European nations participated in the wickedness done against Africans, so why should all European nations be looked at as the perpetrators of what other nations did, just because they have the same skin colour, or come from the same continent?

There were African groups that intentionally started wars with other African neighbors, so they could replenish their supply of slaves to sell to the European nations involved in the slave trade. Should all Africans be looked at as the perpetrators of what those individual African groups did? Should I take incidents through history and present times and blame all Africans for what some African individuals, nations or groups did or do, because their skin is black or they come from Africa? I wouldn't do such a thing, everybody is responsible for their own actions.

You post a video telling people to not only be non-racist, but be anti-racist, but it seems like you think that this should only apply to non-Africans. You encourage yourself and others to write derogatory, racist comments and generalizations against non-Africans. Many of the things the I and some others have posted here about Europeans and other non-Africans would not be tolerated if they were said about Africans. If somebody came and wrote that way about Africans, all of us, including Iself would blaze them for it.

And this
---------------
When he crawled out of the caucus mountain caves (caveman), we had been building High Civilizations for thousands of years.
---------------

If I had a mind like yours and other African, European and Asian racists, I could make a similar types of comments regarding Africans, and many non-Africans from different nations throughout the world do make similar types of comments regarding Africans. And some of them try to justify their racist comments as not being racist, but just being observant or "scientific", just as I sometimes see Africans try to justify their racism against others. They look at and judge all people of a race based on the worst people of that race. I don't cheer them on for their wickedness, but I blaze Fire against it, and I Fire is not partial.

You call yourself RasTafarI, but have no interest in how Haile Selassie I thinks. Like the Christians that have no interest in what the Bible, or Yeshua Christ says, but just follow their church version of things. Do you think that a Man like Haile Selassie I, that says all these things below, would speak about non-Africans the way you do?

I must say that black and white, as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be.

We have seen again during our visit that God has not been partial in His divine creation. The difference of colour is a notion which has no significance and the futility of asserting a difference has now become obvious.

But let us take pride in the fact that as free men we attack and abhor racial discrimination on principle, where-ever it is found and in whatever guise. We can, in addition to the economic pressures of which we dispose, bring our moral weight to bear and rally world opinion to our cause by revealing the brutality, the inhumanity, the inherent viciousness and evil represented by this policy.

This, then, is the ultimate challenge. Where are we to look for our survival, for the answers to the questions which have never before been posed?

We must look, first, to Almighty God, Who has raised man above the animals and endowed him with intelligence and reason. We must put our faith in Him, that He will not desert us or permit us to destroy humanity which He created in His image.

And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.

Above all, Ethiopia is dedicated to the principle of the equality of all men, irrespective of differences of race, colour or creed.

As we do not practice or permit discrimination within our nation, so we oppose it wherever it is found.

As we guarantee to each the right to worship as he chooses, so we denounce the policy which sets man against man on issues of religion.

As we extend the hand of universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or colour, so we condemn any social or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds.

Specious basically means something which sounds good and possible to the listener and can be imagined to be real, but is actually false.

We here are all dedicated to the betterment of the conditions of man's life; we all know the sorrows and misery of those who do not live but merely exist, the lot of men whose living conditions are sub-standard. But when We speak of the betterment of man's life, We mean not merely the economic improvement of living standards; We refer, in addition, to the spiritual conditions in which man lives, for just as a man without means to feed his hunger and to clothe his nakedness can take no pride in his existence as a human being, so, also is one who is reviled and discriminated against because of his race or religion, robbed of his self-respect and human dignity.

Racial Discrimination

The spectre of racial discrimination which has for so long cast its dark and evil shadow over much of this globe is slowly disappearing. Men are coming increasingly to be judged by their talents and abilities rather than by the less meaningful and far more superficial standards of race and religion. But there yet remain those who, in their bigotry and ignorance, resist this flooding tide, and it is against these that our efforts must be directed. The struggle to win for our brothers in South Africa that status as free men, free to stand, heads high, among free men as equals, which so many millions of Africans and Asians have attained but yesterday, goes on. Our duty is not discharged, our course is not run, our victory not won so long as apartheid, the legitimized policy of the Government of the Union of South Africa, prevails in any area of the world.

It is upon this knowledge and understanding that we have sought to build the international unity of the spirit which today constitutes the most important force for good in the search for a lasting world peace and a decent way of life for humanity.
With the raising of all men to their rightful dignity and honour as individuals, they will be able to regard their fellows, of whatever nation, of whatever race, of whatever religious, linguistic or historical tradition, as equals, without jealousy, without fear, without undue pride.

Mankind, be it in past, present of future, has always been judged not by color, or creed, but by the wealth of its knowledge.

We reaffirm today, in the name of principle and right, our opposition to prejudice, wherever and in whatever form it may be found, and particularly do we rededicate ourselves to the eradication of racial discrimination from this continent. We can never rest content with our achievements so long as men, in any part of Africa, assert on racial grounds their superiority over the least of our brothers. Racial discrimination constitutes a negation of the spiritual and psychological equality which we have fought to achieve and a denial of the personality and dignity which we have struggled to establish for ourselves as Africans. Our political and economic liberty will be devoid of meaning for so long as the degrading spectacle of South Africa's apartheid continues to haunt our waking hours and to trouble our sleep. We must redouble our efforts to banish this evil from our land. If we persevere, discrimination will one day vanish from the earth. If we use the means available to us, South Africa's apartheid, just as colonialism, will shortly remain only as a memory. If we pool our resources and use them well, this specter will be banished forever.

And in an effort to carry out this teaching to pursue truth - to promote those bonds common to the human race - Your Excellency has dedicated your whole life. To free the human race from superstition and fear that originate from ignorance; to enable him to transcend the apparent obstacles of race and religion; and to help him recognize the blood-ties of the whole human race, Your Excellency has laboured.

In the history of the human race, those periods which later appeared as great have been the periods when the men and the women belonging to them had transcended the differences that divided them and had recognized in their membership in the human race a common bond. Your Excellency's constant endeavour to challenge this generation to transcend its differences. to recognize its common bond and to work towards a common goal has doubtless made this age pregnant with greatness.

Last May, in Addis Ababa, I convened a meeting of Heads of African States and Governments. In three days, the thirty-two nations represented at that Conference demonstrated to the world that when the will and the determination exist, nations and peoples of diverse backgrounds can and will work together. in unity, to the achievement of common goals and the assurance of that equality and brotherhood which we desire.

On the question of racial discrimination, the Addis Ababa Conference taught, to those who will learn, this further lesson:

that until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned;

that until there are no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation;

that until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes;

that until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race;

that until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained.

And until the ignoble and unhappy regimes that hold our brothers in Angola, in Mozambique and in South Africa in subhuman bondage have been toppled and destroyed;

until bigotry and prejudice and malicious and inhuman self-interest have been replaced by understanding and tolerance and good-will;

until all Africans stand and speak as free beings, equal in the eyes of all men, as they are in the eyes of Heaven;

until that day, the African continent will not know peace. We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/22/2016 10:50:55 AM

Yes, that is true, and just as I came from them, you also came from them. Neither of us have the same genetics as them, but we are both the human beings that came from them.

Indeed. True.

Now that we can both agree on that point, let's dig deeper...fly higher...or as dem say, get down to the nitty gritty of the thing.

I AM MOTHER AFRIKA
My first born child is KUSH
Him come from di Melanin Land you see
A child of the Sun
Of a SUNNY disposition/nature
Strong and black
Some call him the "blameless Ethiopian"
A god and caretaker of earth
Father of humanity and CIVIL-izations
And with him, I am pleased

(Fast forward some MILLION years later)

I AM STILL MOTHER AFRIKA
My great great great yougest granchild, I call BABYlon
A child of cold and barren lands you see
A pale and sickly child
Quite a lil devil
A liar
A most angry and violent youth
Has not honored his Mother and Father
A destroyer of life
And with him, I am devastated

Now riddle me this:

We can conclude that between the first Afrikans all the way down the line to the youngest members of the human family, something happened, no true? From god on earth, celebrating and honoring life.....to a terrible destroyer of life. A de-evolution from godz....to beasts.

WHAT HAPPENED?

What are the factors? The common denominator?

Coincidence?

A random thing?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2016 10:53:41 AM

That is a romantic view of things, not really representing the full reality.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/22/2016 11:26:12 AM

ou call yourself RasTafarI, but have no interest in how Haile Selassie I thinks

That, bredren, is not only a grotesquely erroneous statement, but a reactionary one. One that almost deserves to be ignored. However I overstand it and choose to address it in order to ask you to reflect on the intention behind your false statement.

Try as you may to comfort yourself with the "reverse racist" illusion, and the "Africans sold each other" talk, di I over looks some crucial facts. This, sadly, is a common and predictable reaction.

Let us get down to basics:

* We Afrikans are not racist. We REACT to racism. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE. We are not part of the collective that not only invented the phenomenon of race/ism, but is in global political and financial position to benefit from and maintain the institution of white supremacy.

* The collective deeds, history, contributions and natures, generally speaking, between the original people and Europeans cannot be justifiably compared. They simply cannot.

* Some of your reasonings contradict some of the very AFRIKAN foundations, history and pillars of Rastafari. The honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey was no friend of European history and people. Nor the maroons, or ini Nyabinghi elders. Did they also "have no interest in how Haile Selassie thinks"?

What is your definition of Black Supremacy as spoken of by Rastafari?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2016 1:03:51 PM

To I, Supremacy is Haile Selassie I, not just because of who He is, but also because I am in agreement with what I have Learned about how He Lives, and what He Teaches.

I evaluate what people say based on I Iverstanding and only accept what is acceptable to I. Haile Selassie I Teachings is a major factor in I Iverstanding, and I prefer His Teachings over other people's, whether RastafarI people, Marcus Garvey or anybody else.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I