Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6376&start_row=1

THE TRUE KEMETIC MEANING OF THE WORD RASTAFARI

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 1/12/2016 2:07:32 AM

First lets look at the translation of the word "RASTAFARI" from the Kemetic point of view explained by the author of the book below. We know that the medu.neter had strong influence on semitic (hebrew) languages and Ethiopic being related to this branch as well via afro-semitic. It is said in some circle that Ethiopic was the first language but that is a discussion for another time. However, if your interested please check the Idren's book "ETHIOPIC - The First Language: Book One By Ras Iadonis Tafari".
Now within the book "From Mythology to Reality: Moving Beyond Rastafari" By Seon M. Lewis, stated that the word Rastafari comes from three Kemitic words:
1.) Rushaa or Rasha meaning Head or Headland
2.) Ta means earth or land
3.) Fari is the kemitic word Pari which is another name or form of both gods Ra & Amun. This can be found in E.A Wallis Budge's an egyptian hieroglyphic dictionary, p.232 etc...
The Author said Rastafari in Kemitic would be rendered as Rushaa-ta-pari which means "Ra/Amun (Amun-Ra) the head of the land/earth"

Note: In Amharic the word Fari means COWARD, so this is NOT the root of Teferi in Ethiopic. However, it is derived from the word Fera meaning feared in Amharic and its related to the Hebrew word Yare, which also means 'to fear'. The Ethiopic word Fera or Fara also is similar to the ancient Kemetic word for Pharaoh which is 'Per-aa' meaning Great House

Second example is more metaphysical but still touching base with the medu.neter: Excerpt The Esoteric Atannuology, Egyptology and Rastafariology Volume 1 by "Aakshun" George W. Singleton, B.A., D.H.

"Rastafari" rearranged spells "Ast-Ra" where Ra generically mean the seven inner sun gods and "Ast" means the heavens which are these gods abode; Rasta the first mystic [astral] plane initiates go; notice that "Fari" is the transliteration "Peraa" which means the house of the great one, the pharaoh since ideally the king was the top supreme mystic "sun person.
Fari means master, leader, guide as the gods' son [of the inner light]. So "Rastafari" denotes one who has mastered rising above the body unto the plane to astral [Rastau] one who has learned to escape the "body tomb bind" and up to the spiritual astral plane climb finding the answer to the command of life know thyself."

My observation of the word Ras Teferi Makonnen aka Rastafari via the Kemeitc language of Medu.Netjer:

"Ra", or "Re" is related to the word Res means "to wake up," "to rise up," "to watch", "to keep awake" i.e Enlightenment. Ancient Egyptians understood that in dreams, our eyes are opened. Their word for dream, rswt, is etymologically connected to the root meaning “to be awake” (Res). It was written with a symbol representing an open eye. Through conscious dream travel, ancient Egypt’s “frequent flyers” explored the roads of the afterlife and the multidimensional universe. It was understood that true initiation and transformation takes place in a deeper reality accessible through the dream journey beyond the body. A rightful king must be able to travel between the worlds.

Kemitic "Res"=Hebrew "Resh or Rosh"= Ethiopic "Ras"

In Ethiopia Teff is the tiniest grain-like seed to exist in the world. Its the smallest known grain in the world, tinier even than a poppy seed and the Dogon tribe of Mali (africa) called the Black hole at the center of our Galaxy "Po". This Po is the smallest grain known to the Dogon. So technically since Teff is the smallest grain in the world it would take the place of PO.

Teff is a tiny, round, khaki-colored (Selassie's complexion) grain closely resembling millet. Its scientific name is Eragrostis teff. "Teffa" or "Tafa", the Amharic word for "lost". It is the smallest grain in the world and often is lost in the harvesting and threshing process because of its size.

Teff is indigenous to modern Ethiopia/Eritrea.

Teff, Teffa, Tafa or Yatafa is no doubt another origin of the Amharic word for Tafari or Tafara.

Fatari or Fatara means Create or Creator in Ethiopic

In Tamil (india) word Viththu means seed or sperm and in Sanskrit it is pronounce as Priththu (Spriththu) and this is where the English word "Spirit" came into being.

The word veda (i.e. rig veda - India's holy scriptures) also derived from tamil word vithai and means seed or root.

Now lets see how Teferi (Tafari) relates to the Kemetic Goddess Tefnut.... Tefere means also Seed in Ethiopia. Now we see the connection between Teff and Tefere. The seed represent the origin, source etc.

Teff, Tefere, Vithu all means seed or sperm representing the life force & Pineal Gland (mystic seed - pine cone) within man and the black hole/sirius star system within our cosmos (Dogon said Sirius star system is twin to Po - Black hole at the center of the galaxy. Shu=Sirus B and Tefnut=Sirius C. These where the first to come from Atum after he joined himself to Khepra)

The name Teferi (Tafari or Tafara) is the Ethiopic form of Tiferet (6th Sephirot - Tifara) in Hebrew Kabalistic tree of life representing the Sun (Christ) and means Glory, Beauty and Strength. The sixth sphere Tifret is cognate of the Goddess TEFNUT. Recall that the letters N and R are reciprocals. Hence, Tifret can render Tifnet (the Egiptian Tefnut). Like Tefnut who left Egypt being in rage with her father Atum (Re) taken all the waters with her causing Egypt to dried up and upon her return she restored the land once again (inundation/helical rising of sirius - Ancient egyptian/sumerian/dogon/olmec new year July 23); Nevertheless, so it was with His Majesty at the time of his birth the 3 year drought came to an end and upon his disappearance (so-called death) Ethiopia went into another drought (great famine) once again.

"Tefnu=Tef means to drip, drop, spit, exude, shed, effuse, supply and Nu means primordial waters. She is the giver of the dew; hence the water of dawn is said to be the water of Tef-nut. Tefnu gives the moisture from the Tree of Dawn in heavenly dew, but in another character she is fierce as fire, and is portrayed in the figure of a lioness." Excerpts from the book Ancient Egypt - Light Of The World, by Gerald Massey.

Tefnut is said to mean "that water" or even 'to spit' (tfn) i.e. 'The spitter of nut (water)'. However, the name Tefnut bears a similarity to Egyptian words beginning with “te,” such as tep, which means “fire,” and teh meaning "flame"

Tef-Nu or Tef-Nut within man/woman symbolize Fire (menstrual blood) and Water (semen) or Kundalini energy and the Sperm/female's secretion (the blood of source, the mystical water of life)

Ras Tafari in Ethiopic is Head to be feared (Self Respected)=Rosh Tiferet in Hebrew Kabala is Head to be Glorified=Res Tefenet (Ra Tefnut) meaning "The awakened fiery water" i.e uraeus serpent or kundalini Shakti/Sperm; in which you must preserve and raise to the head/brain/pineal.

Tefnut has been linked to the verb 'tfn' meaning 'to spit' (spitting cobra or Fiery Uraeus) and versions of the creation myth say that Ra (or Atum) spat her out and her name was written as a 'mouth spitting' in late texts. Tefnut was also identified with the Uraeus on the Head of all the Gods or rearing cobra/Lady of the Flame/Kundalini piercing the 1st eye. The Uraeus therefore symbolizes the ascent of the kundalini or The Awaken Kundalini

Note that Shu and Tefnut are the origin of Shiva and Shakti. Shu and Tefnut are also called 'Shu-ti' or the 'Two Shu'. Tefnut is called 'Shut'. Linguistically, the letters 'w', 'v' and 'u' interchange. This interchange can be seen in various languages. This is how Shu became Shv (Shiva). Shu as Shiva was originally worshiped by the Dravidians. Shiva and Shakti (title of Kali) are Shu and Tefnut or the Shu-ti (Two Shu - Two Shv[a]). The expansive nature of Shu (fire) references light, fire, while the contractive nature of Shu.t references blackness, water. This is why Tefnut is the dark, black, powerful one.

Tefnut and Shu were the children of Atum who created them by masturbating into his own mouth. However, reference is not made to Atum's spittle, but to his 'seed', which, after its ejaculation, entered his mouth, whence Shu and Tefnut were spat out. In other words they represent Atum's seed or sperm.

Rastafari represent the Awakened Kundalini (rising sperm/female secretion) at the 1st eye or 6th/7th chakra) in India but in Ta.Meri/Ta.seti (Egypt/kush) it symbolize the Uraeus serpent upon the Head of all the Gods

Cosmologically, Ras Tafari symbolize "Seed Head" of a flower which is quite reminiscent of the spiral universe.

https://gyazo.com/ff556759780756cfc6bab922347b02ec

Tafar also means Universe (Yoni-verse) in Ethiopic

In African and Mayan culture the Lion and Jaguar represent feminine energy (feline). Hence, the head of the Sphinx was originally a lioness with features that were a bit more human and feminine as the Sphinx represents the goddess Tefnut in one tale.

Makonnen or Mekonnen (noble) in Ethiopic= Mekownah, Mekonah, or Makon means fixed or establish place i.e "foundation" in Hebrew

In the Book of Enoch, 'Makon' is most frequent usage is as a reference to the Angels or God's dwelling place in heaven (sixth heaven is called Makon)=Gabriel is in charge of the sixth heaven, Makon

Makonnen (ethiopic)=Makon (hebrew)=Makhu (kemetic) means scale or balance i.e Ma'at (another form of Tefnut). It was within ancient Kham our ancestors measurec the heavens and Earth

Also the word Rasta in Kemetic is Rastau, Rostau, Restau and was one of the early names for the Giza Plateau representing the underground tunnels and shafts of the Pyramids that leads to the stars. Rastau means mouth of the passages but spiritually it symbolize astral projection (portals between worlds) as Osiris was called Lord of Rastau. Within the cosmos this can be seen as the Galactic Bulge (at the center of the black hole is a tightly packed group of bright stars that makes up the galactic bulge). However, within man Rastau is the Medulla Oblongata meaning The Mouth of God in Greek and where Bobby Hemmitt said most of the Melanin is concentrated.

There's a flame that exist within the Medulla which is of divine origin. This fire emits a singing sound like the buzz of a bee and is the keynote of the physical body. It builds and cements together that mass of cells known as "our body"

Hotep

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/12/2016 9:47:19 AM

Papyrus of Ani

The Osiris the scribe Ani adoreth Osiris, Lord of Rasta

I have come unto you, O ye Tchatcha Chiefs who dwell in Rasta, and I have brought unto you the Osiris Ani...

...The Osiris the scribe Ani, whose word is truth, adoreth Osiris, the Lord of everlastingness, and the Tchatcha Chiefs, the Lords of Rasta

The great Tchatcha Chiefs who are in Rasta are Horus, Osiris, and Isis. The heart of Osiris is happy, the heart of Horus is glad, and the two halves of Egypt (Aterti) are well satisfied thereat.

I have entered into Rasta, and I have seen the Hidden One who is therein. I was hidden, but I found the boundary.

Hail, Neha-hau, who comest forth from Rasta, I have not slain men.

. I have seen the things over which the Persea tree which is in Rasta, spreadeth its branches. I have made petitions to the gods, [and I] know the things [which appertain to] their bodies. I have come, travelling a long road, to bear righteous testimony, and to set the Balance upon its supports within Aukert.

O grant ye that I may make my way through the Amehet, let me enter into Rasta, let me pass through the hidden pylons of Ament...

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/12/2016 9:54:03 AM

Hotep and Rastafari greetings Har-Tema, and give thanks for that word sound. Di I might find this thread on Ancient Esoteric Rasta interesting, as it parallels this circle of reasonings:

Ancient Esoteric Rasta

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 1/12/2016 11:41:22 AM

Thanks for the link sister. Very eye opening as it indeed correlates with one another.

P.S
To the Olmec Mayan, the Egyptian Rasta (Rastau) was known as 'Xibalba' or 'Xibalba be' meaning "Place of fear (Tafari)" or "Road to the underworld" i.e the dark rift of the milky way ... It leads to "Hunab Ku" which is the Galactic Center. However, within man this is the path of the serpent fire (kundalini-uraeus) that goes up the spine until it arrive to its final abode where the soul reside at the Pineal... This we call Rastafari the awakened fiery serpent-lion!!

The movement of the nile also represent the Kundalini since it begins to flow from the south (ethiopia, kenya, uganda being the root chakra) and flooded the nile delta in Kemet (Egypt being the 6th chakra/1st eye) and then empty out into the mediterranean (crown chakra)

Blessed luv

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/13/2016 9:59:57 AM

Yes Iyah.

Good analogy @ the Nile/Kundalini! It is also similar to a woman's reproductive system.

AS ABOVE SO BELOW

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 1/16/2016 10:17:04 AM

"Rasta from the ancient point of view is a state of consciousness. When our ancestors said they wished to enter the house of Rasta, they were speaking in relation to that exalted spiritual state where one attains wisdom.

The "House of Rasta" is the entrance to the duat, the 'underworld journey' of initiation. It is the crossroads. Ones must understand with clarity the extent of their power to choose. In the House of Rasta they find their guide, most often portrayed as Anubis. It is not possible to proceed without help. This is an idea many do not like. So they stay spinning at the crossroads for a long, long time. It is a place of darkness, and the loss of everything comforting and familiar. One must be willing to be stripped. Only then will they hear the voice coming out of the darkness to lead them on.

It should not be difficult to grasp that 'Ras Tafari' means a wise person who inspires awe through the unique conscious insights which they bring to bear on all matters.

In essence Rasta in its most ancient meaning is about developing oneself towards self-actualization, which is the only way to attain universal wisdom"

RASTA

Giza once called "Rostau", originally referring to the deepest section of the Duat

http://www.goroadachi.com/etemenanki/risen_in_egypt.htm

Giza was known anciently as Rostau, meaning the "mouth of the passages."

This is the same name as a region of the ancient Egyptian underworld known as the Duat.

"The 'mouth of the passages' is unquestionably a reference to the entrance to a subterranean cave world, one long rumored to exist beneath the plateau

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 1/25/2016 12:33:48 AM

Yes you are absolutely right empress!! The Rasta Man is an ENLIGHTENED BEING! One who has woke up like the Buddha etc.

Hotep

Messenger: IsightHIM Sent: 2/2/2016 10:08:31 AM

Ra...Sun...that is a Star...Rasta...cannot hide- Hail, the Living One is Triumphant.

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I