Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=637&start_row=1

Coptic Church

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/18/2005 10:52:29 AM

I have been reading RastafarI: Roots & Ideology, and I was wondering what are the I's view on the Jah RastafarI Coptic Church? Instead of seeing Haile Selassie I as RastafarI they see Marcus Garvey as "RastafarI" which dont make much sense. Ark I, I am looking forward to your post because I know you have previously read this book. If you want specifics its in Chapt 10, talks about it after "Migration" to USA, they are based in Miami and were a large part of the reason that USA's first look at RastafarI was not a good one. From what I overstand they may have ties in dealing guns and ganja, but this may only be the Ideas of Babylon simply because they dont like the, or it could be true.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 2/18/2005 8:32:53 PM

I-man have read this book early last year. InI will sight up this chapter again...
Is this not the same thing as the Zion Coptic Church which started in the 70s in JA? Apparently there were lots of lighter-skinned brethen and sistren and true they dealt in large amounts of ganja and guns, so I have heard.
I don't know if its the same thing, but there is a Zion Coptic Church web site (try a google search)...they seem to intermingle and combine Rastafari with Taoism...I don't quite understand what they are about though.
One Love
Rastafari Bless Up!
Joseph

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/20/2005 3:13:41 AM

This is not the Zion Coptic Church, it is totally seperate.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I