Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6356&start_row=1

Eve: from the tsela of man??

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/30/2015 10:27:54 AM

lol.

"The theory came to Zevit after translating and studying the Hebrew text of Adam and Eve in the Genesis story of the Old Testament. Zevit believes the Hebrew word "tsela" does not translate as "rib," but instead can be understood to mean "limbs sticking out sideways from an upright human body."

As men and women do actually have the same amount of ribs (and any other sideways sticking limbs, for that matter), Zevit believes this is how the ancient Israelites attempted to explain the uniquely boneless human penis.

Human males are one of the few species of mammals who don’t have a baculum (a penis bone). Bears, bats, cats, walruses and even our closest living relative – the chimpanzee – all have the bone.

Much of modern Biblical study attempts to use language, poetics, linguistics and literary theory to understand how the stories were perceived in its original context. Despite this, many have taken Zevit’s claim with great offense.

"I write to express my disappointment with your magazine. I wish to cancel my subscription," a reader of the Biblical Archeology Review said, reported The Daily Mail."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3377487/God-Eve-Adam-s-PENIS-not-rib-claims-religious-academic.html

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/30/2015 5:48:39 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhh I could say so much...

...but I shall refrain from commenting at this time!

So much comic repertoire in this article! LOL!!!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/31/2015 10:10:38 AM

I find it amusing when people like that take things from science to support their argument, but only pick and choose the small parts they can match to their argument and ignore the rest of the related science, and replace it with their myth.

At the time when our Ancestors had this bone there was already male and female, and for a very long time before that. That bone has a specific sexual function in mammals that have it.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/31/2015 10:16:51 AM

Seem to I
from that argument if a limbless man fathers offpring then should be born with the same missing limb?

Ancient man was closer to the source and truth and may have known, modern man may never know!

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/31/2015 11:22:23 AM

No disrespect intended to those who believe in the literal Adam and Eve myth...but from a young girl I used to ask I self how weak Adam must have been to be so easily influenced and led astray by Eve, yet man is the "head" that woman must submit to! Seem to I that Adam was rather....spineless. now I see why!LOL!!!!! No strength in his manhood....literally!

Gotta find humor inna it..

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/31/2015 6:00:40 PM

How a tsela birth woman though?

How so many Christian unsubscribe and write hate letter toward the company whe publish it. LoL

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/31/2015 6:40:26 PM

LOL Garveys! How does a limp ANYTHING give life??

As far as dem Xtian letters...don't surprise me one bit! Same ones that be having their children write Santa letters too, you nah see it?

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/1/2016 3:05:39 AM

Life beyond food sex and sleep and defending ...We must be reborn . That means born into a spiritual life, a life beyond the animal livity ...or even a life up with them is more pure than humans who have become less than animals through bondage of the 5 senses. The 6th sense is to be identified with our eternal body and seat and to work with JAH in these bodys, it is true we are in this world and bodys but not of it. Alltho it is here that we show what we are of.

What makes us humans different from the animals? What makes humans live like less than animals? What exhaults hue mankind up with and abouve the Angles?

This also brings up a question to I, if humans have allways been naked, in the way of having no fur? Do humans once have fur?

Daniel 4 10Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great.

11The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:

12The leaves thereof were fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it was meat for all: the beasts of the field had shadow under it, and the fowls of the heaven dwelt in the boughs thereof, and all flesh was fed of it.

13I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;

14He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:

15Nevertheless leave the stump of his roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts in the grass of the earth:

16Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.

17This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

Messenger: DeTuff I Sent: 1/9/2016 9:44:31 PM

I heard somewhere from Rabbis that they believe JAH made "Man" Androgynous, and that they were connected by their backs or their sides. And that after putting it to sleep, he divided them into man and wombman

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/10/2016 5:27:37 AM

And where did these Siamese Twins come from? And so and and so on? Where is the rabbi getting his information?

I have heard creation stories where man and woman are one entity before being split but more in passing than as a study so I don't remember where

Still no tsela though!!

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I