Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6352&start_row=1

MEDITATION

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/24/2015 6:58:04 PM

Greetings to all. Praise to HIM most high.
How does one meditate and what is its purpose in Rastafari?

Blessed love.

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 12/24/2015 7:49:43 PM

There are many different ways of meditation.It could be just sitting and freeing up the mind from thoughts.It could be mindfulness or meditating specifically on something as contemplation with the herb.And there are many other meditations that are out there.

Experiment and see what gives you strength.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/24/2015 7:51:03 PM

Good answer KnowThyself. Di I pretty much expressed my exact thoughts! :)

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/24/2015 9:56:27 PM

Thanks Iyah
How does freeing the mind help? I have never tried it.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/25/2015 12:30:49 AM

meditation is our natural state. Now days we must try and put in effort to meditate because of such adversity of Babylon and un natural ways. The mind should rest in the heart in our efforts, and leave all conditioning of the world come into a state of being that is perfect .

In nature, in sunlight, fresh waters and ital food, natural clothing and divine inspirit ation meditaion comes natural like hearing the voice of JAH. When we leave Babylon(confusion) we enter into Zion consciousness-clarity, that will take us to great promised land

I first learned meditaion by Maharishi (transcendental meditation)and it was of great benefit! Really takes us out of body of physical and mental body into a more spititual and light bodie, from the mortal I-self to the immortal/eternal I-Self.

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I