Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6346&start_row=81

if you a ras who doesnt accept the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/31/2015 2:10:29 PM

Joseph I, you wrote

==============
(Quoting Ark I)
Joseph I, you are hypocrite, if you were not, you would be Jewish like Yeshua the Christ, not Christian. And you would be following the old testament, not the new. Especially not the parts written by people after Yeshua Christ and even more so, especially not the parts written by those that never knew Yeshua.

All I can do is laugh at the hypocrisy and ignorance of this post. 
By your logic, you are a hypocrite as well, if you were not, you would be a Ethiopian Orthodox Christian like Haile Selassie I, not a Rasta.
Second, you must have missed where Selassie himself quotes Paul.
================

Right after I wrote that post you quoted above, I laughed at the ignorance of the response I expected from you, before you even read I post; because I knew what your response would be. And I had another laugh just now when I saw the expected response.

To correct you, no, there is absolutely no hypocrisy or ignorance in I statement, the ignorance comes from your own misunderstanding.

I wasn't calling Christians hypocrites for being Christians instead of Jews like Yeshua Christ. I think it was a natural progression.

I was calling you a hypocrite, not Christians in general. That being said, I suspect that a large amount of Christians would be just as hypocritical a you.

To explain, you call yourself Christian, see Christ as your God (and/or son of God, not sure of your exact stance) and follow the new testament, even though Yeshua Christ was a Jew. And just as you commented that Haile Selassie I quoted Paul, Yeshua Christ quoted the old testament.

What I wrote in the last paragraph is not what makes you a hypocrite.

What makes you a hypocrite--is when RasTafarI people come and either discard the Bible or refuse what they see as unjust, and come with other Heights--you criticize them for not following every word of the Bible and not treating the Bible as their infallible God.

You think it is okay for Christians to come with something different than the Jews, but it is not okay for RasTafarI people to come with something different than the Christians. Again, that is what makes you a hypocrite.

And I suspect your opinion about I and I saying Haile Selassie I is God, is just as hypocritical.

And just as Yeshua Christ spoke against the wickedness of the synagogue leaders. Haile Selassie I, being the King of Kings, did more than just speak, He made changes and tried to make additional changes (that were not accepted) to eliminate the corruption of the Orthodox Church. And some in the church were against him for that. This is not just my words, but is a fact that can be researched.

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/31/2015 2:22:16 PM

Where is the NEW COVENANT prophecy?
If it is still prophecy then it ISNT NOW!

Jeremiah 31:32 'not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; forasmuch as they broke My covenant, although I was a lord over them, saith the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the LORD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people;'

This is the prophecy, some Messianic Jews have accepted this covenant. Others have held on to the Mosaic one. More and more are coming to the realization that He's their Messiah. The more that accept Him, the closer we are to His return. We are living in the days of prophecy fulfillment.

Hebrews 9:15 'For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. 16For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. 17For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives. 18Therefore even the first covenant was not inaugurated without blood. 19For when every commandment had been spoken by Moses to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, 20saying, “THIS IS THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT WHICH GOD COMMANDED YOU.” 21And in the same way he sprinkled both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry with the blood. 22And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.'

“you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord’” (Matt. 23:39)

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/31/2015 2:45:36 PM

What makes you a hypocrite--is when RasTafarI people come and either discard the Bible or refuse what they see as unjust, and come with other Heights--you criticize them for not following every word of the Bible and not treating the Bible as their infallible God.

You think it is okay for Christians to come with something different than the Jews, but it is not okay for RasTafarI people to come with something different than the Christians. Again, that is what makes you a hypocrite.
Rasta can seemingly come with whatever they like, teach whatever they like, without any regard to anything that Selassie ever said. Since when Rasta practice sorcery? Babylon's tricks and schemes. These 'ras' won't have any portion in the kingdom, they already got all that they will be receiving here on earth. Since when 'rasta' get into some devil philosophy and reject the teachings of His Majesty? Since when Rasta can reject the ultimate sacrifice which was taught repeatedly by Selassie himself? Certain ones agree more with Mutabaruka and can relate more to him than they ever can to Selassie. Why do so many fail to realize that the morals Selassie had came from within the Bible and from his Savior? One narrow road, only one, to Zion. Isn't it hypocritical to have Selassie as your god, and only follow one or maybe two things that he said? The entire speech from Selassie was in support of gaining others to Christ. You don't accept Christ? You won't even get the chance to meet Selassie then. You can learn that from within the Bible, or from reading what Selassie says.
When all the truth is in front of you, when you even reject it from your own god, you're choosing ignorance and death over Eternal Life.

Peace.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/31/2015 3:04:15 PM

Joseph I, You say you follow the whole bible, but then say that you will be saved even if your ways are not Perfect in Righteousness, because of this salvation you speak of. But, when I read what Yeshua Christ says, he says be Perfect as God is Perfect. And He makes it very clear in many different verses, that less then Perfect (in terms of Righteousness), is not acceptable. You can quote other people in the Bible saying that people can't be Perfect in Righteousness, but can only hope for this salvation, but you can't unquote Yeshua Christ.

Christians are Followers of Yeshua Christ, so what somebody else says in the Bible can never override what Yeshua Christ says. And Yeshua Christ makes it very clear what is required. And what Yeshua requires is Perfection in Righteousness and Oneness with God. Anybody who does that is acceptable, no book required. This doesn't mean a person had to be that way their whole life, but they would have had to figure that out before their last breath on earth, and their only hope otherwise is in their children and future generations of children.

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/31/2015 3:24:08 PM

First, the word perfect (τ;έ;λ;ε;ι;ο;ς;) often has a different meaning than we commonly have in mind when we talk about perfection in theological contexts. It means mature or complete (e.g., 1 Cor 2:6, Phil 3:15, Heb 5:14). It doesn’t necessarily mean without sin.

Second, the context makes it clear what Jesus meant by this call to perfection.

You have heard that it was said, “Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.” But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

In Matthew 5:48 teleioi must be taken in a formal sense, as perfectly consistent, not giving up when only half finished. For the subject here is love which must not be restricted to those alone who are of the same mind. This is why in Luke 6:36 this meaning can be rendered by the words, “Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father is also merciful.”
This parallel passage makes the same point as Matthew’s Gospel. The concluding statement sheds light on the meaning of Matthew 5:48. What Matthew is getting at by talking about being perfect is equivalent to what Luke means when he talks of being merciful. To be like our Father, we need to be merciful and love with a mature, complete kind of love that doesn’t restrict itself to those who love us back.

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/31/2015 3:31:40 PM

Of course u would say Jeremiah 31:32,33 but obviously u dbt read to overstand and you leave off vs 34

It says I will write my laws in their hearts and their mind but the telling that its NOT NOW is in 34 it says NOLONGER shall they TEACH telling every man to know the LORD for they ALL SHALL KNOW ME!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/31/2015 3:38:31 PM

Joseph I, you said
-------------
Would you call Selassie a hypocrite because he isn't Jewish? Lol.
-------------

Did I not make it clear in I previous post that what I called a hypocrite applies to you and people like you. Haile Selassie is not like that at all. He never told people of other Faiths and Trods, that the only acceptable path is Christianity, he said quite the opposite.

With what I originally said, if the whole post is read, it should be clear to intelligent people that I am not calling a Christian who doesn't follow Judaism a hypocrite. I promoted the idea of progression in the same post, so why would I also call it hypocritical? And if that was not clear enough, my next post should have made it abundantly clear, even to those that are less intelligent.

So considering what I quoted from you above, either you still don't Iverstand what I said when I clarified what I meant by hypocritical, or you are one of those people that come and try to apply oral "debate" techniques to written mediums of communication. In an oral communication, people observing can easily forget exactly what one person previously said and the second person can more easily misrepresent and lie about what the other person said. But everything I said is there for anybody to see, so it can't be misrepresented.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/31/2015 3:49:07 PM

Joseph I, you have your less than perfect excuse for that one verse, but what about all the other verses that I posted where he makes it clear what is required according to Yeshua. They are posted in the 41-50 posts in this Reasoning, taken from the Reasoning below.

Perfect Livity

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/31/2015 3:56:58 PM

Of course u would say Jeremiah 31:32,33 but obviously u dbt read to overstand and you leave off vs 34

It says I will write my laws in their hearts and their mind but the telling that its NOT NOW is in 34 it says NOLONGER shall they TEACH telling every man to know the LORD for they ALL SHALL KNOW ME!

"And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

As I said, we're living in these days of prophecy being fulfilled.
When they all come to know Christ, this prophecy plays out word for word. And how foolish will certain ones feel, that have heard the good news and rejected it, finding out they were the ones wrong.

Acts 7:51“You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did. 52“Which one of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? They killed those who had previously announced the coming of the Righteous One, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become; 53you who received the law as ordained by angels, and yet did not keep it.”

54 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him. 55But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” 57But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears and rushed at him with one impulse. 58When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!” 60Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them!” Having said this, he fell asleep.

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/31/2015 4:15:36 PM

He requires of us to repent, to believe, to remain faithful until our physical death. Repenting would mean turning your back to sin and facing Christ.
"It is quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes, we do commit sins but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us all who seek Him shall Find Him. To live in this healthy life, a Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ." - Selassie

To believe that Christ requires of us absolute perfection, would be disagreeing with Selassie. Spirit is strong, flesh is weak.
None of the Prophets could enter the Kingdom on account of their own righteousness. Christ went to Abrahams bosom and ministered to the spirits so that they too could enter Zion.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I