Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6346&start_row=61

if you a ras who doesnt accept the bible

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 12/22/2015 6:33:56 PM

''We have always been religious, ever since childhood, ever since the day our father, Ras Makonnen, taught us the commandment of Our Lord the Creator.

But we don't consider our religion alone valid and have granted the people the freedom to observe any religion they please. ''

- Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/22/2015 8:13:03 PM

YES I @ ARK I AND JAH SEEKER

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/22/2015 8:27:57 PM

InI were doing fine before I introduction to judeochristianity

"How is it that there are indigenous people who do not read and have never picked up a bible, yet act more "godly" and righteous then the most well versed Christian?"

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 12/23/2015 3:15:56 AM

De followers of Rome are always trying to make everybody bow to a book. They infiltrated de Black liberation movent then try to divert it from its Black Idemtion mission to a Roman mission. They don't care about Africa & de Black race yet they call demselves Ras. When we uplifting Africa they insult Africa & uplift Israel instead. When we talk about our Black roots they are annoyed & try to stop us by te trying to make us worship de bible.. Black liberators stand firm, don't be led astray

Messenger: Voodooruuts Sent: 12/23/2015 7:36:27 AM

Selassie I is real undebatable and ones sight HIM how they choose, Yeshua on the other hand can/has/will be debated by many.

Right Ark I, some think the bible dropped from cloud on a clear sunny day not knowing the process of compiling the bookS. They shoot down Rome as the beast not knowing the hand Rome had in the compiling of the bookS and the infiltration of the movement (my own thoughts).
They seem to not know when the NT speaks of all scripture being inspired its only talking bout the TORAH/TANACH but still thats just the Israelites stance. Other people would consider their own writings as divinely inspired i.e. the Q'ran. Still others dont need writings but use their devinely inspired minds or the Mambo's mind. InI hv no need for books to know the divine for InI is divine
True Black Heart the one come ya tell I say I Istory and Africa a nuttin without Yeshua "FYAH"🔥;⚡; another Roman infiltrator

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 12/23/2015 10:15:56 AM

THE PEOPLE'S COURT: Part II
By Mutabaruka

Sung introduction:
"Whiter than snow, whiter than snow
Lord wash me and make me whiter than snow..."

Clerk:
All rise! Judge 1000 years presiding.
Your honour, we have here Mr. Religious Belief and his henchman, Mr. Denomination.
Mr. Religious Belief, Mr Religious Belief! Please take the stand. 

Judge 1,000 Years:
I am noticing that there is a new prosecutor here?

New Prosecutor: 
Yes, your honour. After the last trial the other prosecutor had to resign.

Clerk:
Your honour, I think both of the gentlemen should take the stand at the same time
Considering the magnitude of charges against them.

Judge 1,000 Years: 
Mr. Religious Belief and Mr. Denomination,
I see where you also have been promising black people
But you are even worse than the politicians.
You promise them good living after they die
Yes, you say their reward is in heaven
It would appear to me that both of you have been to heaven already and have gotten yours.
The charges are too numerous to mention here.
For over 500 years you have been wanted,
From ever since you sent your relative here.
Yes, I am talking about the same Christopher Come-buss-us...

Mr. Religious Belief:
Your honour, the name is Christopher Columbus...

Judge 1,000 Years: 
Hush up! Columbus, Come-buss-us, it don't matter!
He did come trick us.
It was you who went to the Americas and Africa
With your doctrine of civilizing the savages.
You taught black people to pray with their eyes closed,
When they open them, you had their land and they had the Bible.
With the Bible and gun you robbed, raped, murdered our foreparents in the name of Jesus.
You have divided black people into groups causing them to distrust each other
The first charge is for misleading black people into their color blind blindness.
You have black people worshiping everything white as good -
White Jesus, white winged angels, white Christmas...
Even the songs talk about, "Whiter than snow, I long to be."

Mr. Religious Belief:
The Bible did say, "Though your sins be like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."

Judge 1,000 Years: 
So you trying to tell me that if my sins are white instead of scarlet,
God will accept my sins?
And by the way, Michael Angelo painting of his uncle...
For years black people keep revering this picture as the true picture of Christ.
All your religious holidays originate in Europe,
Everything in Heaven is white, everything in Hell is black
Is a lucky thing Jamaicans start to visit Hell
and really see for themselves.

Mr. Religious Belief:
Your honour, if I may be allowed to speak. Our divine and beloved father, Pope....

Judge 1,000 Years: 
Shut up! Dope... or Pope, I will not allow you to ask any questions here.
I have never heard any one asking you any questions in one of your church services
You are also charged for collecting money under false pretense
You keep saying the church have no money
Yet every little open land have a tent for a few months then a massive building later
Did not your Bible say that your body is the temple of God?

Clerk:
Your honour, Mr. Denomination has been collecting money from people,
Saying that he can get them into Miami via the Bahamas
Through the guise of Christian crusades.
Through such a scheme, people have been jailed, Sir, trying to reach Miami.

Judge 1,000 Years: 
What? I thought you would be trying to get them to heaven via your church.
You are also charged for misinterpretation
You have twisted the Bible to suit white supremacy
You have taken stories and quotes from other books much older than the Bible
And made them into myths.
Have you ever read the Egyptian Book of the Dead?

Mr. Denomination:
The what?

Judge 1,000 Years: 
It is because of you why the DJ's have no respect for our black women
You have painted a picture of women as the originator of sin
You have made women look inferior in all your religious books
You have been preaching a sexist doctrine to our people
From Eve till now you have blamed women for the downfall of the world
You blame Delilah for Samson's stupidity
You have even placed sin on sex saying that Mary was a virgin all her life
With these images, what do you expect from our people?
You even have the earth as only 6,000 years old.
Maybe the history of Europe is only 6,000 years,
But black people have been here long before... long, long before.

Mr. Denomination:
Your honour...

Judge 1,000 Years: 
Hush up! Didn't I tell you not to interrupt?
You shall get an extra 1,000 years for contempt of court!

Clerk:
Your honour, there is a certain denomination that have been given legal status here
That said denomination has been preaching for years that black people cannot enter heaven
Yet their recruiters travel around on bicycles two by two, trying to win souls.

Judge 1,000 Years: 
I have heard of this.
I hear they call themselves Church of the Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ or Morons

Mr. Denomination:
The word is Mormons, your honour.
You have to understand that things change....

Judge 1,000 Years: 
Hush up! Understand?
Black people have been under the stand for centuries.
These Morons or Mormons as you call them should never be allowed into a country
That is predominantly black to preach about God.
You have been collaborating with the politicians to trick black people.
You have branded voodoo and obeah and all African oriented traditions as paganism

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/24/2015 10:46:39 PM

Yes I, I remember that one, I haven't heard it for a while.

Can I add this part to the end of your post, it is missing.
-------
Yet you have the people going to church,
Trying to drink the blood of Jesus and eat his flesh.
And I did hear you teaching them to pray and I quote,
"Lead us not into temptation..."
It is you they should be asking to lead them not into temptation.
When since the Lord lead people into temptation
That you should be asking him not to do it?

Mr. Denomination:
That was a slight misinterpretation.

Judge 1,000 Years:
Remember the Baker?
Remember the one who was Swagging hearts;
Remember the one who was using his mouth to Orally-rob-earth
All of these was collecting souls under false pretense
Mr. Religious Belief and Mr. Denomination,
I hereby sentence you both to 1,000 years for swindling poor people by way of radio and TV
I also give you 1,000 years for each year that black people
Have been suffering since Columbus came here.
Now, take them away!!
-------

Check out this Reasoning

Mormons

There are also some "scriptures" quoted in the reasoning above that show what I claim about their book, and some quotes from their leaders.

Messenger: Joseph I Sent: 12/29/2015 10:11:04 PM

This is Haile Selassie I speech to the World Evangelical Congress in Berlin, October 28,1966.

As Jesus Christ has said: "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them." lt is therefore Our expressed hope that these words will be realized in their full significance in this great assembly.
We are happy to be present in this famous City of Berlin where Christian leaders are assembled to consider ways and means of spreading Our Christian Faith in the world. We thank Mr. Billy Graham for inviting Us to address this meeting. The propagation of the Christian Faith among nations has become a task of paramount importance in this age as is evidenced by this great assembly of Christian leaders.
As you all know, it is centuries past since Our country, Ethiopia, accepted the Gospel of Christ. We learn from the Holy Scriptures that the first Ethiopian who confessed faith in Jesus Christ was baptized only a few months after the death and resurrection of Our Lord. From then on Christianity spread steadily among the Ethiopian people and became the religion of the Ethiopians in the Fourth Century. It is a matter of pride for Us, a special cause for thankfulness to Almighty God, when We recall that the Christian Faith was introduced to Our people by the Imperial Court and through the instrumentality of the then reigning Monarch.
Ethiopian history testifies that our ancestors, who rose after the first Christian Emperors, were men and women who had great zeal and keenness for the Faith of Christ and who did all in their power for its propagation among our people. Many among them, like Emperor Caleb who lived in the Fifth Century and Emperor Lalibela and his immediate successors who lived in the Twelfth Century, have been canonized.
When the countries of the Middle East, North East Africa and Asia Minor, where the Gospel was preached by the Apostles, were over run by and succumbed under a power opposed to the Christian Faith, the sovereigns and people of Ethiopia, firm in their deep love for the Faith of Christ and supplemented by the nature of their native land, put up great struggles to preserve Ethiopia as an island of Christianity. Deep is Our thankfulness to our God for this grace. Numerous are our ancestors, who throughout the centuries consecrated and sacrificed their lives on the battlefield that Ethiopia might survive strong in her Christian Faith.
When, after all these worthy predecessors, We assumed the leadership of Our people half a century ago, We became acutely aware of the magnitude of the sacred trust and responsibility
vouchsafed to Us to work for the glory of God and the continued and lasting welfare of Our people. During the past 50 years not only did We labor that Our people may lead a better life while on this earth but We also did not spare Our energy and treasure to develop their spiritual heritage, the value of which no human mind can assess.
We have labored that the Holy Scriptures and the books left to Us by the Church Fathers be multiplied by means of modem printing techniques and be distributed to all not only in our modern language, but also in Ge'ez, our ancient language. Our Ethiopian Orthodox Church, which was cut off for centuries from her fellow Christian Churches, has joined the World Council of Churches and co-operates in the task of strengthening the Faith and bringing about Church unity. We have helped and will continue to help the missionaries who are sent from other lands to preach Gospel to those of Our people who have not come to the knowledge of God's saving grace. As the unity of the Church is of great concern to Us and, God willing, being hopeful that this sacred objective might be achieved in our day and age, We were happy to have convened two years ago a meeting of the Heads of the Oriental Orthodox Churches in Our Capital City of Addis Ababa to deliberate on ways and means of bringing about harmony and unity in the Church.

We refer to all these only to indicate that this age above all ages is a period in history when it should be our prime duty to preach the Gospel of Grace to all our fellow men and women. The love shown in Christ by our God to mankind should constrain all of us who are followers and disciples of Christ to do all in our power to see to it that the Message of Salvation is carried to those of our fellows for whom Christ Our Savior was sacrificed but who have not had the benefit of hearing the good news.
Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths. However, if the threat is posed we shall not fail to resist with courage any such incursions. We wish to recall here the spirit of tolerance shown by Our Lord Jesus Christ when He gave forgiveness to all including those that crucified Him.
In these modern days, there are a multitude of things published in print and broadcast by radio which captivate the human mind and spirit; many new ideas are disseminated by the learned. Many wonderful appliances are produced to make life more and more comfortable. The rich powers have passed on from exploring and exploiting this earth and are vying with each other to explore and conquer the moon and the planets. Knowledge is increasing in a bewildering manner. All this is good, wonderful and praiseworthy. But what will be the end of it all? It is Our firm belief that only what the Lord wills will be done. We should be careful that the results thus achieved by mankind should not meet with the fate of the Tower of Babel, the handwork of those people of old which came to pieces in their hands. The Apostle Paul says: "The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God" and "The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise and they are vain." The reason for this is because generally speaking man makes himself and his wisdom the beginning and the end of his aim in life, and we are convinced that the end of this is destruction and death.
Our Lord Jesus Christ says: "What has a man profited if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" Why did the effort of those who tried to build the Tower of Babel come to nothing? Was it not because they tried to live apart from their Creator, and because, vaunting themselves in their wisdom, they tried to build a tower whose top was to reach unto heaven and thus make a name for themselves? It is Our conviction that all the activities of the children of men which are not guided by the Spirit and counsel of God will bear no lasting fruit, they will not be acceptable in the sight of the Lord and will therefore come to nought as the Tower of Babel came to nought.
It is for this reason that the Church of Christ, and especially Christian leaders, have such an enormous responsibility. However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate.
Therefore 0! Christians, let us arise and, with the spiritual zeal and earnestness which characterized the Apostles and early Christians, let us labor to lead our brothers and sisters to Our Savior Jesus, Who only can give life in its fullest sense.

October 28, 1966

Just gonna leave this here. What do the ones and ones here take away from this?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/30/2015 8:14:52 AM

And exactly what did u expect from a Christian King speaking at a Christian only convention of global / western christians and their supporters?

We know HIM as a Christian. Something he learned in childhood and something Ethiopia learned in their modern history. Nothing either have been born with. InI respond and acknowledge the divinity of Haile Selassie present from birthright which transcends man made beliefs and ideologies constructed by man! He is divine and he is InI King irrespective of religious belief.

Did Haile Selassie agree with the bible in its literal entirety? His example shows that he didn't...... Or shall we pull up some quotes and see if they match the example (not belief but example) shown by HIM. Or show the speech where he acknowledges his taught path of Christianity is 'not the only valid path to salvation' (paraphrasing).

The point will always come down to this: you can never convince InI that indigenous people who had never heard of Jesus or the Bible ONLY chance of reaching a certain heights or salvation is through this ONE book? Your fooling only yourself if this how you think I King would have seen things. The Bible does not have a monopoly on morality

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/30/2015 8:24:11 AM

There was a point when information was hidden from us, and biblical accounts would have been one of the few resources or information readily available.

Now information is widely available for us and no longer hidden, people instead choose to hide from the information.

Lol

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 123

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I